Sign in to follow this  
Wesbian

Crowd Chants

Hey all,Going to my first City game in ages on Monday and was wondering what the most common crowd chants were at the moment?Obviously there''s OTBC and all the various individualised chants for different players but wasn''t sure if there were other ones that were quite popular currently. Also, on a similar note, can someone please post the lyrics for the Norwich City version of ''Just Cant Get Enough''?Trying to prepare as best i can for Monday, ridiculously excited at the moment! :D

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Sounds like ages since your been.... One New Chant is " Im on The Wagon... Im On The Wagon.... i have just jumped on The Band Wagon"[/quote]Ha![:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Sounds like ages since your been.... One New Chant is " Im on The Wagon... Im On The Wagon.... i have just jumped on The Band Wagon"[/quote]

Ha!

[:D]
[/quote]

We rest our case Morty [;)]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Sounds like ages since your been.... One New Chant is " Im on The Wagon... Im On The Wagon.... i have just jumped on The Band Wagon"[/quote]Ha![:D][/quote]

We rest our case Morty [;)]

[/quote]Indeed, in this one, I think we do![:D]

[quote user="Curious Canary"]I live in Portsmouth and play football on Saturdays you complete moron...[/quote]

Nice one!

What is it with people having a go at other fans, just because they can''t go to every away match?

Btw not too keen on the "just can''t get enough" chant. Great to clap along to, but the words just don''t seem to fit. That said, I''m not going to offer alternatives but there are some at the end here:

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2439789/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Sounds like ages since your been.... One New Chant is " Im on The Wagon... Im On The Wagon.... i have just jumped on The Band Wagon"[/quote]

Does it matter if he has not been recently?? For me it doesn''t matter if someone has not been for years and decides to go to a match..Fair play to them... Or would should you only support a club if you go and watch them every week?? Wake up!

I would guess Morty and CharlieFarlie were just having a bit of banter. If not, they have got to realise each fan has a different set of circumstances preventing them attending games. The fact they have supported Norwich their whole lives should be enough.

[quote user="priceyrice"]I would guess Morty and CharlieFarlie were just having a bit of banter. ( Probably true ???? ).

If not, they have got to realise each fan has a different set of circumstances preventing them attending games. ( They may not want to realise it but it is usually true ).

The fact they have supported Norwich their whole lives should be enough. ( For anyone who is a fan of Norwich all their lives it should be good enough ).  
[/quote]

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Sounds like ages since your been.... One New Chant is " Im on The Wagon... Im On The Wagon.... i have just jumped on The Band Wagon"[/quote]

Does it matter if he has not been recently?? For me it doesn''t matter if someone has not been for years and decides to go to a match..Fair play to them... Or would should you only support a club if you go and watch them every week?? Wake up![/quote]Hear hear...Season ticket snobbery strikes again.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Sounds like ages since your been.... One New Chant is " Im on The Wagon... Im On The Wagon.... i have just jumped on The Band Wagon"[/quote]

What is everyones problem??? So what we are doing well and someone wants to come and watch us play. Ive had a season ticket for many years and it doesn''t bother me. At the end of the day the price he is paying will go into the club so it''s good for everyone.

Does the fact that some people get MASSIVELY defensive when their loyalty as a fan is questioned actually say something about them?[:D]

Every supporter has to start with a game at some time...does it make me a bandwagon jumper that the first game I saw was against Spurs at Carrow Road when we were in the top division?

[quote user="morty"]Does the fact that some people get MASSIVELY defensive when their loyalty as a fan is questioned actually say something about them?[:D][/quote]

Not at all, I am a season ticket holder and only go to 2 or 3 games a year because I live out of the country, Doesn''t make me any less or more of a supporter than someone who goes once a year..

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"][quote user="morty"]Does the fact that some people get MASSIVELY defensive when their loyalty as a fan is questioned actually say something about them?[:D][/quote]

Not at all, I am a season ticket holder and only go to 2 or 3 games a year because I live out of the country, Doesn''t make me any less or more of a supporter than someone who goes once a year..[/quote]But why did you feel the need to respond to what I had posted, when it wasn''t specifically directed at you?[:)]

I live in Portsmouth, am 18, supported NCFC all my life, still a full-time student, play football on Saturdays and have a job a few days a week and my A2 exams (the important ones!) are starting up in less than a month too! I rush home from football every single Saturday, whack on Canary player and listen for the last part of the game (usually the most exciting bit anyway...). There really aren''t that many games for us south coast fans anyway, but i go whenever i can (e.g. Saints away twice last season). Obviously i don''t get to see City play as much as i''d like and i just wanted to be up to date with most things. Regardless of whether you were just having a bit of fun and messing about or whatever, you didn''t actually offer anything constructive to the thread except unprovoked criticism, did you?Oh and P.S. My first choice University is the UEA, so suck it...

[quote user="yellow blood"]Every supporter has to start with a game at some time...does it make me a bandwagon jumper that the first game I saw was against Spurs at Carrow Road when we were in the top division?[/quote]This season ticket snobbery is a recent thing which has divided the fanbase.There are thousands of kids who live a distance away from CR who''s parents have no interest in football. Does the fact that they can''t get to games mean they are worthless? Then what about the elderly? The students? The shift workers? etc etc.The sooner this pompous little clique'' get off their pedestal the better as far as who is a ''superior'' supporter and who isn''t. You get a season ticket with money and have the ability to attend. What''s so special about that?This simply makes them ''fortunate''... not ''better'' than anyone else.

You went beyond boring with this Cluck about 2 months ago.Your inferiority complex is clearly caused by the fact you can''t be bothered to go to games any more.

Oh, and it hasn''t divided the fanbase, because its only an issue in your head, and probably Bly''s.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="yellow blood"]Every supporter has to start with a game at some time...does it make me a bandwagon jumper that the first game I saw was against Spurs at Carrow Road when we were in the top division?[/quote]This season ticket snobbery is a recent thing which has divided the fanbase.There are thousands of kids who live a distance away from CR who''s parents have no interest in football. Does the fact that they can''t get to games mean they are worthless? Then what about the elderly? The students? The shift workers? etc etc.The sooner this pompous little clique'' get off their pedestal the better as far as who is a ''superior'' supporter and who isn''t. You get a season ticket with money and have the ability to attend. What''s so special about that?This simply makes them ''fortunate''... not ''better'' than anyone else.[/quote]

I don''t think is it season ticket snobbery. I''m a season ticket holder and I think anyone who goes, whenever or however, good on them.

I think it is just some people being stupid. I can''t go to every away game, but some that I have been able to go to, I''ve susequently overheard others saying that it is a band wagon thing that more people have gone and that they couldn''t get tickets and it isn''t fair. What stopped them calling the ticket office if they wanted to go?

Just accept the fact that people want to support the club whenever they can. Isn''t that a good thing?

[8] When I see City, I go out of my head, I just can''t get enough, I just can''t get enough,My blood runs green and yellow and I''m City born and bred, I just can''t get enough, I just can''t get enough,I picked my team and I fell in love, and I just can''t seem to get enough of,du du du du du du du du du du [8][8] I wanna go home, I wanna go hoooome, Portsmouth''s a shitole I wanna go home [Y][8] Come on youuuu yellows! Yellows! Yellows! Yellows [8] (Usually sang at a corner)[8] Paul Lambert''s green army [8][8] There''s only one Paul Lambert [8][8] Oley, oley, oley, oley, oley, oley, oley, oley going up up up! [8][8] Wesley Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Wesley Hoolahan nanananana [8][8] Grant Holt, we fucking love Grant Holt [8]and of course...OTBC will be the most sung songs Monday night!There ya go [Y] [:P]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][8] When I see City, I go out of my head, I just can''t get enough, I just can''t get enough,My blood runs green and yellow and I''m City born and bred, I just can''t get enough, I just can''t get enough,I picked my team and I fell in love, and I just can''t seem to get enough of,du du du du du du du du du du [8][8] I wanna go home, I wanna go hoooome, Portsmouth''s a shitole I wanna go home [Y][8] Come on youuuu yellows! Yellows! Yellows! Yellows [8] (Usually sang at a corner)[8] Paul Lambert''s green army [8][8] There''s only one Paul Lambert [8][8] Oley, oley, oley, oley, oley, oley, oley, oley going up up up! [8][8] Wesley Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Wesley Hoolahan nanananana [8][8] Grant Holt, we fucking love Grant Holt [8]and of course...OTBC will be the most sung songs Monday night!There ya go [Y] [:P][/quote]Haha! Cheers EC, legend :P

[quote user="Excited Canary"][8] Paul Lambert''s green army [8][/quote]I dislike people saying this. it is actually paul lamberts green and yellow army.

[quote user="laspree"][quote user="Excited Canary"]
[8] Paul Lambert''s green army [8]

[/quote]
I dislike people saying this. it is actually paul lamberts green and yellow army.
[/quote]

To be fair it is chanted so fast that the only words i can pick out are Paul and Army[:P]