Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Ched Evans.

With Sheffield United relegated today, Ched will want to look to move on and play at a higher level than league 1 (which he is able to do) so is he worth looking at in the summer Championship or Premiership. Everton/Celtic are looking at Shane Long if you read the papers (£6m is too much for us), Danny Graham will go to Newcastle (as a replacement for andy carrol, he was born there). And Evans would be an ideal option and is what lambert looks for, young, ambitious, has quality and the fans already like him from his loan spell!

Knew this thread would crop up...

Not sure about him now.  Hes done very little for Sheff U, the next move will make or break him and on that basis, a move to the premier league with a team who are likely to be in the bottom 4 or 5 may not be his best option.  He had a good run for us but that was 2 years ago now, looks like, for one reason or another, things haven''t worked out for him, though maybe for half a mil or so would be good back up for Martin or Jacko if they''re both still here. 

I''d rather go for someone whos been playing well for a longer period of time or who will be regularly starting, perhaps Steve Morrison or even Chopra if Cardiff dont get up, or maybe Borini on a season long loan.  I''m not sure we''ll have a great deal to spend even if we did get up.   

Of the 5 main strikers we have, Holt, Jacko, Martin, Willy and Johnson, i really dont see the latter too having much of an influence in the prem, but we''d need another 2, if not 3 due to no loans being available to replace them, perhaps Evans would be a decent 5th or 6th choice to have...

and his record since that loan spell????1 decent half season years ago.... lets not dwell on past times shall we?

13 goals for sheffield united in nearly 3 years......we might as well take the money and flush it down the bog.

You have no faith in Lambert''s ability to get the best out of players then Jas?

Ched Evans obviously has some talent, otherwise the form he had for us wouldn''t have happened. Who knows why he''s not been as good since, maybe its the team he''s in, the manager/s etc.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You have no faith in Lambert''s ability to get the best out of players then Jas? Ched Evans obviously has some talent, otherwise the form he had for us wouldn''t have happened. Who knows why he''s not been as good since, maybe its the team he''s in, the manager/s etc.[/quote]

I agree, he has ''something'', but i dont think we''d be the right move to try to find that.  Personally i cant see the teams at the bottom and even the teams that go up throwing too much money around.  The bottom 6 is likely to be made up of teams like ourselves, QPR, Cardiff, then whoever stay up out teams like Wigan, West Ham, Wolves, Blackpool, Sunderland, Blackburn and West Brom.  Team spirit will carry us through the first 10 games, as it does most promoted sides, but after that we''ll need some quality and experience to guide us til January.  IMO, Ched aint the answer, but i do think we can get enough in to give us a real chance of staying up if we get there...

Jed you are spot on with Borini, who is on a free this summer. I think Evans is a good player, however, he is one that needs a while to find his confidence back and taking him to the Prem (if we make it) wouldn''t be a wise decision. He''s been mismanaged and used incorrectly at Sheff Utd, but that''s what you get when you employ long-ball merchants.

If, for whatever reason, we remain in the Championship I reckon we could stump up 350-500k. But I''d like to see Cody given a chance first (there''s a whole can of worms opened up).

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Jed you are spot on with Borini, who is on a free this summer. I think Evans is a good player, however, he is one that needs a while to find his confidence back and taking him to the Prem (if we make it) wouldn''t be a wise decision. He''s been mismanaged and used incorrectly at Sheff Utd, but that''s what you get when you employ long-ball merchants.

If, for whatever reason, we remain in the Championship I reckon we could stump up 350-500k. But I''d like to see Cody given a chance first (there''s a whole can of worms opened up).

[/quote]

As Borini is under 24, wouldn''t he cost a fee still?  I would''ve thought Chelsea will move to offer him a new deal, but hes gotta look at his chances of getting near the first team behind Drogba, Torres, Kalou, Malouda and Sturridge...

If we''re in the Championship next season, sure, let''s go for him. For the Premiership? I think we''d  need someone with a bit more pedigree.

Why look only at the English league? Look where West Brom got there goalscorer, Odemwingie. From Russia.You really need a regular scorer, not someone who can go on a 4 mounth drought like Evans/DJ someone like that. There is always of course for every Odemwingie a Strihavka. But you just have to trust your scouts and take the chance to stay up.The German league is expecionally striker healthy and I think we should also look at

[quote user="NauruDude"]Why look only at the English league? Look where West Brom got there goalscorer, Odemwingie. From Russia.
You really need a regular scorer, not someone who can go on a 4 mounth drought like Evans/DJ someone like that. There is always of course for every Odemwingie a Strihavka. But you just have to trust your scouts and take the chance to stay up.

The German league is expecionally striker healthy and I think we should also look at
[/quote]

Why look in the english league,

a)they most likely speak english, which evans does.

b)they wont have to adapt to the speed ect as they play week in week out. look how slow the foreign league play.

c)look at the amount of foreign players in the english leagues. (Dani Pacheco is spanish, young and plays in england)

Although I do feel if we are to look abroad then german is where Lambert would look with his previous clubs.

I''d start Evans over Martin in a heart beat. Evans has more fire and determination than Martin and a more natural instinct for goal.To look at Evans'' scoring record based on him playing at a poor Sheffield side and say he''s lost it? Heck, he''s not had the chance to find it while at Sheffield!Are we so quick to forget the trouble and uneasiness he caused us when we last played Sheffield Utd?

Evans over Martin...no questions,,

There are a lot of rumours in Sheffield that Evans coming here in the summer is already a done deal.

I''ll wait and see, as I''d be slightly surprised we were sorting deals before we know where we''re going to be playing.

However, as we''d get him at a knock-down price, I think he''d be a reasonable signing for whatever division.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="NauruDude"]Why look only at the English league? Look where West Brom got there goalscorer, Odemwingie. From Russia.You really need a regular scorer, not someone who can go on a 4 mounth drought like Evans/DJ someone like that. There is always of course for every Odemwingie a Strihavka. But you just have to trust your scouts and take the chance to stay up.The German league is expecionally striker healthy and I think we should also look at[/quote]

Why look in the english league,

a)they most likely speak english, which evans does.

b)they wont have to adapt to the speed ect as they play week in week out. look how slow the foreign league play.

c)look at the amount of foreign players in the english leagues. (Dani Pacheco is spanish, young and plays in england)

Although I do feel if we are to look abroad then german is where Lambert would look with his previous clubs.

[/quote]a) Every Icelander speaks English. So do most Scandinavians. There simply are better players that we can sign in Europe, Afria, Asia, South and Central america than in England. If Sir Alex would have thought this before signing Javi Hernandez he would have been mad. It is not that difficult even to learn enough English to cope with the football pitch. You don''t need to have a serious vocabulary.b)Adapt to the speed? (Have you seen the speed of Gareth Barry? No neither have I) WTF. I don''t think the English leagues are even that speedy. They just have much less midfield play (which Norwich do have actually). So every player would adapt fine at Norwich. Foreign leagues also play week in week out except a  winter break. So while the foreign leagues are playing they are more extreme than in England.c) Yes but do you think Norwich can lure some of the GOOD foreign players in England . It is a fact that West Africans are better phisically built than other people. It is a fact that East Africans have better stamina than other people. It is a fact that English players are usually very slow (Walcott not maybe).If you would have to choose between Jay Bothroyd or Dame N''Doye/Moussa Sow e.t.c. you would of course choose  the one who scores goals week in week out.

[quote user="NauruDude"]
c) Yes but do you think Norwich can lure some of the GOOD foreign players in England . It is a fact that West Africans are better phisically built than other people. It is a fact that East Africans have better stamina than other people. It is a fact that English players are usually very slow (Walcott not maybe).
[/quote]

Please show me these facts. [:)]

So what other strikers that have scored 13 goals in 3 seasons should we sign or do we only sign them if their name is Ched Evans. This would be a huge backward step

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="NauruDude"]c) Yes but do you think Norwich can lure some of the GOOD foreign players in England . It is a fact that West Africans are better phisically built than other people. It is a fact that East Africans have better stamina than other people. It is a fact that English players are usually very slow (Walcott not maybe).[/quote]

[/quote]Have you noticed how Caribbean Islanders dominate short distance sprinting. Short distance sprinting is based on having a phisical explosive body. The Caribeean Islanders are descendants of slaves taken from West Africa. If West Africans would get the same education and training as Caribeean Islanders in sprinting they would be about equal. You can just look at the difference between Drogba, Adebayor and Owen, Torres. Adebayor and Drogba are both bulky players with great heading abilities and good foot control. They run fast. Owen and Torres have great feed but they arent really that strong.East African have beeter stamina. You''re joking right? 90 of top 100 in marathon is from Kenya. Rest is from Ethiopia.

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="NauruDude"]
c) Yes but do you think Norwich can lure some of the GOOD foreign players in England . It is a fact that West Africans are better phisically built than other people. It is a fact that East Africans have better stamina than other people. It is a fact that English players are usually very slow (Walcott not maybe).
[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you noticed how Caribbean Islanders dominate short distance sprinting. Short distance sprinting is based on having a phisical explosive body. The Caribeean Islanders are descendants of slaves taken from West Africa. If West Africans would get the same education and training as Caribeean Islanders in sprinting they would be about equal. You can just look at the difference between Drogba, Adebayor and Owen, Torres. Adebayor and Drogba are both bulky players with great heading abilities and good foot control. They run fast. Owen and Torres have great feed but they arent really that strong.

East African have beeter stamina. You''re joking right? 90 of top 100 in marathon is from Kenya. Rest is from Ethiopia.
[/quote]

Without writing an essay in response to this I will show you some examples how it is not down to a physcial thing, but in fact nurture.

Swimming - who wins the top competitions? NFL- Quarterbacks - what ethnicity are most of them? Golf and cricket - why are so many players white?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="NauruDude"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you noticed how Caribbean Islanders dominate short distance sprinting. Short distance sprinting is based on having a phisical explosive body. The Caribeean Islanders are descendants of slaves taken from West Africa. If West Africans would get the same education and training as Caribeean Islanders in sprinting they would be about equal. You can just look at the difference between Drogba, Adebayor and Owen, Torres. Adebayor and Drogba are both bulky players with great heading abilities and good foot control. They run fast. Owen and Torres have great feed but they arent really that strong.

East African have beeter stamina. You''re joking right? 90 of top 100 in marathon is from Kenya. Rest is from Ethiopia.
[/quote]

Without writing an essay in response to this I will show you some examples how it is not down to a physcial thing, but in fact nurture.

Swimming - who wins the top competitions? NFL- Quarterbacks - what ethnicity are most of them? Golf and cricket - why are so many players white?

[/quote]

Swimming - there is one swimming pool in Equatorial Guinea. They don''t have training facilities.

NFL. That is a sport a small part of the world is interested in (US citizens).

Golf - That is all about being precise, and wealthy enough to buy a golfset.

Cricket - Every good cricket player is indian becouse only indians like cricket.

Nurture is an important thing but you have to look at those West Africans coming out after playing on their bare feet and compare them to what is being done in English football academies. Samuel Eto''o is one of those, Asamoah Gyan.

The people in most of Africar arent wealthy enough to buy a golfset for their kid or buy swimming lessons for it. They just have to live off the fatta'' the lan''.

[quote user="NauruDude"]

Cricket - Every good cricket player is indian becouse only indians like cricket. [/quote]Would you like to come to Saint Lucia and explain yourself? [li]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]13 goals for sheffield united in nearly 3 years......

we might as well take the money and flush it down the bog.
[/quote]

In all honesty, I would sooner have Cody than him on the bench, Cody would be more of an handfull to defenders than Ched,