Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

How much cash will Lambo be given to spend for the Premier League?

I am now absolutley certain we will be playing top flight footy next season. If Swansea drop points today its practically a done deal, with QPR''s 10+ points being deducted next Friday.

Time to start thinking about Premier League survival. Lets face facts, the bigger the coffers the better the chance.

With the £2.5m CM-S cash still safely in our kitty (thank god), and with a fair amount of cash being generated from players being sold, I imagine Lambert will have a fair whack to play with. My guess is the following players will be sold for in the region of:

Cody McDonald - £1.3m, Chris Martin - £1.2m, Anthony McNamee - £400,000, Simon Lappin - £250,000, Steven Smith - £250,000, Stephen Hughes - £250,000, Owain Tudar Jones - £200,000, Oli Johnson - £100,000, Luke Daley - £100,000

I guess on top of this the club will give Lambert an additional £5m, from the promotion money. Mere speculation, but I predict Lamberts Transfer budget will be around £10m. Not much by Premier League standards I know, but given his skills as a shrewd transfer man, he will make it stretch far enough to keep us up I reckon [:)]

Lets worry about that IF we get there, rest assured the board know their onto a good thing with Lambert and they''ve done a lot for him already!!

Main priority is Monday night!

The 1st poster is being a tad bit optimistic - I''d take £1.2M for Chris Martin now - good player but not worth that much!

Same goes for Cody, who I rate but not at that price!

Absolutely certain? You mention Swansea, but you don''t mention Cardiff anywhere? It is by no means a done deal. Also Cody Mac is worth about 600k and C. Martin about the same.

We are not even promoted and we get this kind of gibberish.

There is no knowledge of what is available at the moment. Just because some halfwit in the media was waffling about a £2.5m bif for CMS it does not mean that was the true figure, neither does it mean that any fee is fully paid up front.

The figures you quote owe more to someone sticking a pin in a piece of paper with numbers on it than reality. Most players move WITHOUT a transfer fee. Agents/player fees, yes. It is the wages that are the heavy cost.

The club will receive around £40m minimum IF they play in the premier League next season. How much of that will go in fees and how much in player wages we will not know, until the accounts are published some time afterwards.

I doubt Lambert will be given cash. It is a bit more advanced than getting your paper round money.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Cody McDonald - 1.3m threads

[/quote][img]http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2283585.gif[/img][/quote]

[quote user="City1st"]We are not even promoted and we get this kind of gibberish. There is no knowledge of what is available at the moment. Just because some halfwit in the media was waffling about a £2.5m bif for CMS it does not mean that was the true figure, neither does it mean that any fee is fully paid up front. The figures you quote owe more to someone sticking a pin in a piece of paper with numbers on it than reality. Most players move WITHOUT a transfer fee. Agents/player fees, yes. It is the wages that are the heavy cost. The club will receive around £40m minimum IF they play in the premier League next season. How much of that will go in fees and how much in player wages we will not know, until the accounts are published some time afterwards. I doubt Lambert will be given cash. It is a bit more advanced than getting your paper round money.[/quote]

Gibberish is harsh, I said I was speculating. The figures I qoute are simply gueses based on who I think Lambert will feel wont be able to cut it in the Prem and who he will want off the payroll. Hardly sticking a pin in, just stating what I believe they could fetch in the transfer market.

And we made a concrete bid of £1.5m rising to £2.5m. Has nothing to do with a halfwit in the media. The club openly stated they had made the bid.

[quote user="City1st"] Just because some halfwit in the media was waffling about a £2.5m bif for CMS it does not mean that was the true figure, neither does it mean that any fee is fully paid up front. [/quote]

If you had been paying attention you would know the true figure.

Why do we do this? Moan at each other when threads come up. I''ve started a few threads that nobody wants and noone replied; they died a quick death. If you don''t like it, just don''t post, because I would quite happily reply to this, and no-one else will as when they scroll down, theres like 8 posts essentially saying "stupid thread"Personally, I''d like to see Foulger and Delia all get paid their debts, the banks paid off and us sitting perfectly in the black. I want to see all of our 26+ year old non first team place sold off, and an announcement made that everyone youth player is available on loan for 100% wage, and the money spent on purchasing premiership quality defenders such as Spector, Mancienne, Gary Caldwell.

[quote user="Phyxius"]IF we get there. There are no forgone conclusions yet.[/quote]Quite.....I''ve no idea how old the OP is but I''ll bet there''s plenty of us on here who''ve seen some massive disappointments over the years since we''ve supported City.Let''s just get there first, uh?

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Why do we do this? Moan at each other when threads come up. I''ve started a few threads that nobody wants and noone replied; they died a quick death. If you don''t like it, just don''t post, because I would quite happily reply to this, and no-one else will as when they scroll down, theres like 8 posts essentially saying "stupid thread"

Personally, I''d like to see Foulger and Delia all get paid their debts, the banks paid off and us sitting perfectly in the black. I want to see all of our 26+ year old non first team place sold off, and an announcement made that everyone youth player is available on loan for 100% wage, and the money spent on purchasing premiership quality defenders such as Spector, Mancienne, Gary Caldwell.
[/quote]

Sadly some people live their lives on here. They dont realise there is a life beyond electronic interaction. This of course makes them bitter and sad, this in turn leads to pathetic postings on internet message boards.

I think were actualy safe at the back. Barnett, Ward, Martin and Whitbred can all cut the top flight footy in my book. A quality left back would compliment the squad nicely though. We will also need two quality wingers.

Sadly some people live their lives on here. They dont realise there is a life beyond electronic interaction. This of course makes them bitter and sad, this in turn leads to pathetic postings on internet message boards.

Are you talking about yourself there TCF?

[quote user="CDMullins"]Sadly some people live their lives on here. They dont realise there is a life beyond electronic interaction. This of course makes them bitter and sad, this in turn leads to pathetic postings on internet message boards. Are you talking about yourself there TCF?[/quote]

Ehhh, no. I have a bit more about me to post pathetic insulting responses where they''re not wanted.

Another perfectly good post ruined.

Let''s get there first!

I would say this is more accurate:

Cody McDonald = League One/Championship Loan or £500k

Chris Martin = Will not be sold

Anthony McNamee = £100k

Simon Lappin = Will not be sold

Steven Smith = £200k

Stephen Hughes = £150k

Oli Johnson = Loaned again or sold £100k

OTJ = Released

Luke Daley = Released

Adeyemi = £50k

There''s a bit too much hubris going around this board at the moment and all it will take for us to miss out on promotion is a couple of mistakes but regardless of which league we are in next season I reckon we should try again for Elliott Bennett off Brighton. There was an interview with him on Sky today and he came across as the perfect sort of player for us, down to earth, professional, plays on the wing and scores quite a few.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Personally, I''d like to see Foulger and Delia all get paid their debts, the banks paid off and us sitting perfectly in the black. I want to see all of our 26+ year old non first team place sold off, and an announcement made that everyone youth player is available on loan for 100% wage, and the money spent on purchasing premiership quality defenders such as Spector, Mancienne, Gary Caldwell.[/quote]Not a bad plan to be honest. I think with one defender of "prem quality" we''ve enough back up in Ward and Whitbread. Barnett is first choice for me in any pairing if fit.A decent winger and perhaps an extra striker (I believe Holt and Jackson deserve their chance in the prem first) and I think we''d stand a chance of survival with a healthy bank balance to boot. Not many teams that have that as a possibility.However, as many posters have pointed out, it''s just a possibility, I am nowhere near as confident as the OP that it is a done deal yet.

Personally, i dont think we''ll have that much to spend.  Perhaps, at tops around 6 million. 

Players out)

Cody - £500k (isn''t he out of contract in summer 2012?  His value wont be that high despite a good season in League 2)

Chrissy M - £600-£700k but not really too sure how much of a look in he will get, hes failed to take chances at Champ level and he will get nowhere near the amount in the Prem.

Hughes, OTJ, Daley, Macca and Oli - We''d be lucky to get anyone to pay us anything for those and certainly nothing thats gonna increase our budget noticeably in the prem.  Lappin wont be going anywhere, a decent squad player and cover, solid but unspectacular and decent backup for Surman.

So we''d need a backup RB, another CB, a 3rd more experienced keeper as backup for Ruddy, get Steer or Rudd out on loan, 2 CM''s, 1 preferable with a bit of prem experience, and probabky another 2 strikers at least.  Would be good to keep Lansbury on a season long loan and no real reason for that not to happen.  Perhaps Borini also on a season long loan too, that''d be a decent start.

Why do we all think it will be a set amount!? that sounds vastly too restrictive. I think its more likely that McNally wil just say give us a list of who you want and we will see what we can do paul!

"And we made a concrete bid of £1.5m rising to £2.5m. .....The club openly stated they had made the bid"

Incorrect. McNally stated the club had made ''a'' bid. There was NO comment or confirmation of those figures.

However (for the sake of the argument) if we stay with those figures, which were claimed by the Peterborough chairman only, even they disprove your original claim of "With the £2.5m CM-S cash still safely in our kitty".

By all means conjure up farcical figures for possible player sales, but to use media speculation as fact to back up your argument doesn''t help anyone. Up until the accounts were published in the autumn all manner of twaddle was being bandied about regarding the transfer fees of players joining City.

Likewise some pretty nasty stuff was levelled at the club for quite a while by those who were regarded as ''anti club'' by the rest. A fairly well written report carried on this forum has gone a considerable way to demolishing their constant ill informed attacks. Now I''m not saying that your original post was intended as that in any shape or form, However if stuff that is no more than ''urban myth'' is not challenged it soon becomes ''fact ''. In an exagerated form we then get cries for Lambert to be sacked because of our recent 5-1 defeat at poorman road.

As to what will be spent I have no real idea as I don''t know how much of the clubs debts fall due for payment on us going into the Premier League, if any. I don''t know how much in the way of bonuses have to be paid or how much more the wages will be increased to the current squad that stas with us.

What I do know is that are not up yet. I do know that I shall have a few before joining 3000 other likeminded souls in Fratton Park mon eve and then a few more before heading to CR next Sat. Whether the pints after each game will be in celebration, sorrow drowning or simply nerve calming, I don''t know.

So maybe lets not start talking about what we will do in The Premier League. I''m sure we would be the first to criticise the dirty Leeds or the impoverished binners if they were ''counting their chickens.... So maybe lets get up first lad, then we can speculate.

our net transfer spend for this season is £4million so i would think you should at least double that. Source is a very well written blog on the finnances of NCFC. Link can be found in the swiss rambler thread.

[quote user="City1st"]"And we made a concrete bid of £1.5m rising to £2.5m. .....The club openly stated they had made the bid" Incorrect. McNally stated the club had made ''a'' bid. There was NO comment or confirmation of those figures. However (for the sake of the argument) if we stay with those figures, which were claimed by the Peterborough chairman only, even they disprove your original claim of "With the £2.5m CM-S cash still safely in our kitty". By all means conjure up farcical figures for possible player sales, but to use media speculation as fact to back up your argument doesn''t help anyone. Up until the accounts were published in the autumn all manner of twaddle was being bandied about regarding the transfer fees of players joining City. Likewise some pretty nasty stuff was levelled at the club for quite a while by those who were regarded as ''anti club'' by the rest. A fairly well written report carried on this forum has gone a considerable way to demolishing their constant ill informed attacks. Now I''m not saying that your original post was intended as that in any shape or form, However if stuff that is no more than ''urban myth'' is not challenged it soon becomes ''fact ''. In an exagerated form we then get cries for Lambert to be sacked because of our recent 5-1 defeat at poorman road. As to what will be spent I have no real idea as I don''t know how much of the clubs debts fall due for payment on us going into the Premier League, if any. I don''t know how much in the way of bonuses have to be paid or how much more the wages will be increased to the current squad that stas with us. What I do know is that are not up yet. I do know that I shall have a few before joining 3000 other likeminded souls in Fratton Park mon eve and then a few more before heading to CR next Sat. Whether the pints after each game will be in celebration, sorrow drowning or simply nerve calming, I don''t know. So maybe lets not start talking about what we will do in The Premier League. I''m sure we would be the first to criticise the dirty Leeds or the impoverished binners if they were ''counting their chickens.... So maybe lets get up first lad, then we can speculate.[/quote]

Lad?? Haha

Im quite happy speculating now thank you very much!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Cody McDonald - £1.3m

[/quote]

[img]http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2283585.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Not worth that now, but after next season he will be IMO if he gets a move to the Championship. I can see him doing a ''Holt'' and finishing in the top 3 scorers. That''s why we shouldn''t sell him until we''ve tested him in the team alongside Holt or even Jackson, but I fear that Lambert will make another mistake here as he did by farming him out. He has pace and knows how to score with either foot or head, and can do it at any level because of those attributes.