Sign in to follow this  
star_manic

missed penalty

has anyone considered the implications of wes''s miss against preston. i just hope like mad that this does not come back to haunt the club. two more points at this stage of the season would be immense.

[quote user="star_manic"]has anyone considered the implications of wes''s miss against preston. i just hope like mad that this does not come back to haunt the club. two more points at this stage of the season would be immense.[/quote]

Ehh we score 12 goals after 89 minutes if u see that way if not miss this penal if we win bottom teams PNS Donny etc but have in mind if on 2-3 of this games if reffere blow whistle min early we hardly will be on play -off''s wow.

Example if reff give 4 min add time against derby not 5 .......

[quote user="star_manic"]has anyone considered the implications of wes''s miss against preston. i just hope like mad that this does not come back to haunt the club. two more points at this stage of the season would be immense.[/quote]

Er... Has anyone considered the implications of Wes''s outstanding contribution week in week out that now see''s us within touching distance of the Premier League? ? ?.

Or is just me?.

It has crossed my mind but was instantly dismissed. Had that pen gone in then it would have effected all events there after. We may have lost all our subsequent games had that pen gone in! Holt wouldn''t have been taking the other pens and Wes could have missed 1 or 2 effecting other results. I''m sure you could look back at lots of other events and say if only. But it would be largely irrelevant.

Remember ''Back to the Future 2'' and the scewed time line? Hehe.

[quote user="Henry"]Not just you Alex. Wes got my POTS vote [Y][/quote]and mine [Y] Really hope he wins it this year, I don''t think he realises quite how much we appreciate him! Holty 2nd and one of Crofts/Norfolk Cafu 3rd.

[quote user="Henry"]Not just you Alex. Wes got my POTS vote [Y][/quote]

Is that ''Penalty Of The Season'', Henry, or ''Player Of The Season''?

(Joking apart, totally agree Henry - Bloody close between him and Holt though! And damn, anyone else that''s pulled on the yellow and green this season - They all deserve it!).

One versus QPR more important (we''d be 2 points off them!) BUT we analyse every single Norwich game but never QPR or Cardiff or Swansea. Cardiff may well have missed match-winning penalties or conceded 95th-minute equalisers. It evens itself out over the season

[quote user="Boris"]

Ehh we score 12 goals after 89 minutes if u see that way if not miss this penal if we win bottom teams PNS Donny etc but have in mind if on 2-3 of this games if reffere blow whistle min early we hardly will be on play -off''s wow.

Example if reff give 4 min add time against derby not 5 .......

[/quote]What? lol. You could say that about so many games. Gotta look ahead not back.

God dammit, has no one considered if we had won every game then we''d already been promoted. Lambert, Wes, Holty, NCFC collectively you are a disgrace for not winning every game, scoring from every attack, stopping the opposition from ever scoring.

Where is the analysis on every other mistake made by Wes and other NCFC players? What about all the shots Holt, Martin and Jackson have hit off target? Or all the goals Ruddy has let in? Or all the mis placed passes, or all the lost headers. EVERY mistake has a consequence, one missed penalty is just one mistake, yes it gets more coverage because footballers shouldn''t be missing penalties, but they do.

People only remember set pieces and penalties because they are "events". What about other moves in other games, where we might have won a ball, or could have made a better pass (or vice-versa)? It''s also about the performance all through the season, not just at the business end. I think it''s good that Holt is now taking pens as he looks rock-solid. Perhaps it was meant to be.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

It has crossed my mind but was instantly dismissed. Had that pen gone in then it would have effected all events there after. We may have lost all our subsequent games had that pen gone in! Holt wouldn''t have been taking the other pens and Wes could have missed 1 or 2 effecting other results. I''m sure you could look back at lots of other events and say if only. But it would be largely irrelevant.

Remember ''Back to the Future 2'' and the scewed time line? Hehe.

[/quote]Exactly (Y)

Yeah if we wouldn''t of failed to beat Doncaster at home!

If Holt hadn''t been unfairly sent of at Reading!

If Millwall wouldn''t of equalized in the last kick of the game at the New Den!

If Hoolahan would of scored the penalty he missed at QPR!

If we had rightly got a penalty and scored when Russell Martin got pulled back in the box at Hull!

If our complete domination of home games against Pompey and Hull would of seen us score early on we''d of probably won them instead of lost them!

We''d of probably won the ruddy League!

All ifs and buts, every team has them, fortunately most of ours have been positive ones like all the last gasp winners this season!

All we must concentrate on now is winning on Monday night then things will still be in our hands!

Just one isolated incident in a season full of incidents.

To try & analyse anything/everything & come to the conclusion that it either got us promoted or prevented us from getting promoted is futile.

If Holt hadn''t missed those decent chances against Swansea and Watford away......

Besides, Wes scored the opening goal in the next game v Leicester after his pen miss v Preston. With his head too! He had a point to prove which I believe affected the Leicester game, so football swings in roundabouts really. Didn''t he win us a point v Hull too shortly after? Don''t think we''d be where we are in the table without Wes!

[quote user="MakingPlans"]Just one isolated incident in a season full of incidents.

To try & analyse anything/everything & come to the conclusion that it either got us promoted or prevented us from getting promoted is futile.[/quote]

MP, judging by your avatar and signature pic, you can''t be too far off a restraining order on that bird can you?

Joking apart, I agree with you. Every club could say the same thing - ''What If''...

[quote user="star_manic"]has anyone considered the implications of wes''s miss against preston. i just hope like mad that this does not come back to haunt the club. two more points at this stage of the season would be immense.[/quote]No.

[quote user="star_manic"]has anyone considered the implications of wes''s miss against preston. i just hope like mad that this does not come back to haunt the club. two more points at this stage of the season would be immense.[/quote]I think if you look at the number of draws he''s turned into wins for us, we would do well to celebrate his brilliance and accept that his mistakes have been few and far between.

Just remember that we''ve had 3 (4?) penalties since then all of which have been scored by Holt.....whos''s to say that had Hoolahan had scored that penalty ,he may have gone on to miss a subsequent penalty in another game.

Also remember that there were still 20 mins left in the game against Preston to have won that match....including a chance for Wilbraham in the last couple of mins when he blazed into the side netting from six yards out with only the keeper to beat !!

...and Cardiff et al will no doubt be saying "what if we''d...""beaten QPR the other week" for example.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Ssssssssssh, were not allowed to mention that, it was Wes''s fault.[/quote]

We are,but the large majority of us can see what Wessi has done for the team,and to pick out one mistake is complete bollox!!

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Ssssssssssh, were not allowed to mention that, it was Wes''s fault.[/quote]

We are,but the large majority of us can see what Wessi has done for the team,and to pick out one mistake is complete bollox!!

[/quote]

Wessi...........facepalm!

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote] Wessi...........facepalm![/quote]

[:D] Are you still not convinced by Wessi?

This has been done to death, hes obviously a good footballer and we''d miss him.

But......

He''s no where near as good as people on here make out.

All this ''Wessi'' and ''unplayable'' stuff is bollox.

Messi is actually unplayable hence him scoring over 50 goals this season in La Liga the champions League and playing international football.

Wes is doing non of them and never will im afraid.

Do you seriously think people actually think Wes is as good as Messi?

He is as good as people make out, have you not watched him?

For the final time,

If he was as good as you or another poster on her thinks he is,

Why last season was he playing 3rd tier football, why this season is he in the 2nd tier? Why can he not get into the Ireland squad?

My comparison to Messi was based on the fact that he is suppose to be ''unplayable'' I was compaing his unplayableness to Messi 50+ goals this season.

[quote user="CDMullins"]This has been done to death, hes obviously a good footballer and we''d miss him. But...... He''s no where near as good as people on here make out. All this ''Wessi'' and ''unplayable'' stuff is bollox. Messi is actually unplayable hence him scoring over 50 goals this season in La Liga the champions League and playing international football. Wes is doing non of them and never will im afraid.[/quote]

I don''t think anyone is suggesting that Wes is at Lionels level,and everyone will happily admit it,but for us he is superb and IF we go up i would love to see what he can achieve.

Ps being Irish i can''t see him getting much International games,his style is not their style at the mo.