Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

If you were Paul Lambert......

Yes.

Either way, i think he would be able to inspire a victory from the lads.

If they lose, it will be go out there and win yourselves promotion to the Premiership.

And if Cardiff win, it will be something like were so close now, we can''t let Cardiff get ahead of us.

they wont be able to hide from the result like they could even 15 years ago.. mobile phones, Possibly TV''s in the changing rooms, Fans chatting about it and singing about it... our lads will know so they know what to do...remember if Cardiff Lose we still have to win, so there wont be any taking the foot off the gas.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]they wont be able to hide from the result like they could even 15 years ago.. mobile phones, Possibly TV''s in the changing rooms, Fans chatting about it and singing about it... our lads will know so they know what to do...remember if Cardiff Lose we still have to win, so there wont be any taking the foot off the gas.[/quote]

Exactly. The message will remain the same, regardless of the Cardiff result; Win.

I do not see much point keeping the result from them , surely if Cardiff win its best to let them know nothing less than 3 points will do , if Cardiff lose its a go enjoy yourselves and try wrap it up with a match to spare.

Holt was saying in the paper that anyone caught with a mobile etc would end up getting a huge fine off the ''Gaffer''. I get the impression Lambert is all about respect and I don''t think anyone would cross the line with him.

It doesnt make any difference to us, we need to win and thats it. I would be amazed if Lambert says anything to the squad about the result with Cardiff, CMM ONN YOU YELLOOOWWWS! 

If they don''t already know by the time they walk out of their Fratton Park dressing room, then you can bet your life that the Pompey players will inform them in the tunnel exactly what''s happened in Cardiff ;). They WILL find out, you can be sure of that...

I would possibly use the news at half time, to spur the team on, but I''m hoping we don''t need spurring on tonight!!

[quote]they will probably watch most of it[/quote]

How?! They will be preparing for the match!!

At the end of the day, as Lambert has said in his interview, if Cardiff win, we have to win. If Cardiff lose, we have to win. If Cardiff draw, we have to win.Ok if Cardiff draw or lose we can afford a draw and it will still come down to the last day of the season like it would if Cardiff win.There''s no point in trying to keep it from the players. I just don''t think they''ll dwell on it too much. They know what needs to be done.

I wouldn''t let them know the result, but how they won''t find out before the game kicks off I just don''t know. They may even be able to tell by the look Lambert has on his face. As Lamberts says, if Cardiff win we must win, I can''t see us winning the playoffs, but if Cardiff lose we must still win to get it over and done with as if we did seal promotion tonight, the players wouldn''t be under any pressure for the game against Coventry as we would have nothing left to play for - after automatic promotion the only thing left is the title which QPR have already taken.

[quote user="AJ"][quote]they will probably watch most of it[/quote]

How?! They will be preparing for the match!![/quote]

a 20 minute warm up, than the rest is done in the changing room, sure their will be a tv about