Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Sheffield canaries, pub for Pompey game?

Hi everyone,

I''m a long time reader of this forum and find some debates pretty insightful. Thought i''d join up.

Just a quick post to see if any fans in the Sheffield/Rotherham area are planning on going to any pubs to watch the Pompey game. If so which ones?

All the best

I will be confined to barracks on Monday (in charge of kids).  Some contributors on here had tried The Common Room for Forest match (I could only get down''t road to Psalter Tav where I was in the minority).  They do table service at Common Room and let you have private booths as well apparently.  It would be nice to hear from them whether it was a good night and venue for Norwich watching.  However Nursery, with Champs, Pomona and Botanicals opposite will be a guaranteed area for Norwich watching and drinking!!

Yeah was in common room for the forest game. Good viewing on central screens and a nice looking waitress ;) but being a friday night they were playing music so no sound for the game. Obviously could be different on monday but i''d probably be up for trying somewhere else like the tav.

OTBC

I was in walkabout today for man u v arsenal and asked about tomorrows games. They said both cardiff match and ours will be on the massive screens, so I will be heading there

Walkabout is very anal about not wearing colours which annoys me as it likes to class itself as a sports bar.

I will be in the Nursery Tav on eccy road for both games. Obviously unlikely but i do fear that if a miracle happens tonight and both results go our way, i may not be able to make it to work on Tuesday morning.

OTBC

I may yet get a pass out to the Nursery Tav as close to home, but will be touch and go - if Cardiff lose will definitely get there for some point - champagne on ice landlord!