Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

I was confident before today's games..............Why has that confidence disappeared?

You''re commiting the cardinal sin of not concentrating on our own destiny...

The situation is still the same, 2 games to go and if we win both we''re promoted, we cannot start looking at what others are doing, do you think PL and the players will be doing that?

Ten days ago I was more worried about the home game against Derby than than local bragging rights with our friends in the postal area of IP5 H1T. Two days before the game with Portsmouth I think that the home game vs Coventry will be tougher than our fixture at Fratton Park.

Believe in the team, they''ve got us this far and I''ve no reason to think they won''t get over the line come May 7th.

No-one else counts now apart from City.

Amen to that Tim. The bottom line is that we cannot influence the Cardiff result against Middlesborough. We cannot influence what a panel will do with regard to QPR. It''s going to be a completely arbitrary decision whatever happens. But we can play good football like we have under Lambert for the last 2 seasons and that should be enough!

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]Explain - Because I have no idea why not playing has made me more nervous![/quote]Because you don''t believe? You don''t trust that Lambert can take the team over the line. You''re still HOPING it''s going to happen?Because you can''t commit with everything you have and you''re cautious of being torn to shreds is we fail to make promotion?Because we have to fight until the very end to prove our worth and you''d rather have promotion served on a silver platter?Just a few suggestions.....All I would say is........... be confident, not cautious!

I am papping myself today - but I think its a mixture of nerves and exitement! We are on the verge of something great, and I know we can do it - its that exitement that''s making me nervous I think!!

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]Explain - Because I have no idea why not playing has made me more nervous![/quote]

---

You''re suffering from a combination of two incurable diseases - footballfanitis and human nature.[;)]

We know Norwich City will be going out to win anyway because that is their approach to every game - no change there.

We know we play open and regularly suffer first goal losses for it but have the proven mentality to come back.

We create more chances than any other side in this division and only suffer when we fail to take them. We will make plenty of chances at Pompey and have Holt due a goal and Simeon on fire.

Whatever the result for Norwich should this go to the wire then Cardiff have a tough game next week against Burnley which gives us a chance whatever the outcome today.

We cannot lose the promotion chance today but we can improve it or nail it.

PL has kept characteristically stoic over the run-in while Jones and his players have been chattering nervously while trying to suggest Norwich are feeling more pressure than them. I know which approach I prefer.

Finally, what if it is Forest in the play-offs? It is a major acheivement and a springboard for next season should we ultimately be unsuccessful. I''m sure the players want it badly now but as fans we can do little more than offer unconditional support to a great bunch of boys who play like a real team and a manager who has restored Norwich City credibility and pride.

Turn up or switch on - and enjoy the occasion.