Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Playoffs re: new news from BBC

Today the Football League have informed all clubs involved in the playoff picture that the dates may be changed to a week later than the first legs are currently planned to take place.  Yet another interesting step in the QPR saga, and one which seems to further fuel the points deduction debate.  My source is Radio 5 by the way!

But then if the points deduction puts them into the playoffs you will have the 4th, 5th, and 6th teams all filing lawsuits asthey will argue that whoever they would have played in the semi final and then the final would have been easier to beat than QPR. If the points deduction does take place (which it most definitely should) then it needs to take QPR out of the promotion race entirely.

I think burnley will give cardiff a game and not lay down as 7th place may be worth a playoff place if QPR get a hammering

[quote user="scrappy33"]I think burnley will give cardiff a game and not lay down as 7th place may be worth a playoff place if QPR get a hammering[/quote]

Heheheh... I''ve said all along that teams should be playing for that 7th place, because I think that QPR could well be relegated. Any club that has given up prematurely could have big regrets by the end of this week.

If QPR are sent to the playoffs, I don''t think that they will win them as I reckon that the humiliation and embarrassment will kick in.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]But then if the points deduction puts them into the playoffs you will have the 4th, 5th, and 6th teams all filing lawsuits asthey will argue that whoever they would have played in the semi final and then the final would have been easier to beat than QPR. If the points deduction does take place (which it most definitely should) then it needs to take QPR out of the promotion race entirely.[/quote]I think if you gave the other teams in the playoff places the choice over who they wanted to play out of queens Park rangers, cardiff or norwich you''d find Norwich are the team they''d least want to play.QPR are very much a one man show, stop Taarabt and they become a pretty ordinary champs side.Cardiff seem to get by playing hoofball up to a couple of very fast forwards, a strategy which can be defended against.we have goals and guile throughout our team, and a very well publicised determination and belief that we can score goals and win games.Can''t see anybody filing a lawsuit because they drew QPR and not Norwich but and it is a very big but, if it all goes horribly wrong and we do somehow end up in the playoffs I can see three other teams being desperate to avoid us.

as much as i want QPR to lose points (only to assist us in getting promotion) i really think it will just be a fine. if points are deducted, QPR will appeal, other clubs will complain and the whole thing decends into chaos.

Whether or not things descend into chaos should not be taken into account when the decision is made. The FA/FL have an opportunity here to lay down the law and show what the sanctions are for breaching the rules. If QPR fall into the playoffs, that will not negatively displace any team already there. Other clubs wouldn''t have any real grounds to appeal. QPR have been in this league all season, and if it is decided that a fair league position for them is in the playoffs then so be it. If QPR don''t like what is dished out, they will want to appeal, and a week has been set aside for this to happen. That, I think, will be the extent of the chaos.

it would appear that qpr will have 4 days from the verdict to launch an appeal, which will then be determined just 2 days later, with the verdict being FINAL.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]But then if the points deduction puts them into the playoffs you will have the 4th, 5th, and 6th teams all filing lawsuits asthey will argue that whoever they would have played in the semi final and then the final would have been easier to beat than QPR. If the points deduction does take place (which it most definitely should) then it needs to take QPR out of the promotion race entirely.
[/quote]

I think if you gave the other teams in the playoff places the choice over who they wanted to play out of queens Park rangers, cardiff or norwich you''d find Norwich are the team they''d least want to play.
QPR are very much a one man show, stop Taarabt and they become a pretty ordinary champs side.
Cardiff seem to get by playing hoofball up to a couple of very fast forwards, a strategy which can be defended against.
we have goals and guile throughout our team, and a very well publicised determination and belief that we can score goals and win games.

Can''t see anybody filing a lawsuit because they drew QPR and not Norwich but and it is a very big but, if it all goes horribly wrong and we do somehow end up in the playoffs I can see three other teams being desperate to avoid us.
[/quote]

I have relatives living in the East Midlands, during the recent Forest v Leicester game both sets of fans were saying that the team they didn''t want to play in the play-offs is Norwich City.[Y]

Me personally I wouldn''t want to play Swansea they have been the best team to visit CR and they turned us over fairly easily at thier ground. Can you imagine playing them at Wembly on that pitch?[:(]

[quote user="star_manic"]it would appear that qpr will have 4 days from the verdict to launch an appeal, which will then be determined just 2 days later, with the verdict being FINAL.[/quote]You can never predict what the FA will say, they have dumfounded people with their decisions before, so It''s anybodys guess what they will do this time.

The very fact that the FA have warned clubs about this is VERY significant IMO.

There seems very little doubt that QPR will be found guilty. Mr Palladini''s interview today amounted to "We did cheat, but only a little bit and we didn''t mean to anyway". I can''t see that will wash with the FA.The more that comes out the more convinced I am that there will be a points deduction. How significant that will be in the final analysis remains to be seen.

Has this come from the FA, the FL, or both? If from the FA then that suggests something big is up, if its from the Football league then perhaps it is just precautionary. Would the two have communicated on the case? Or is it purely an FA charge?