Sign in to follow this  
?

Travel Conundrum

So, i''ve been down on the South coast for the weekend after getting the train down from our fine City on Friday, and have a ticket for the match tomorrow night. Problem is, i desperately need to get back to Norwich for work on Tuesday.

I was intending to get a lift home with a friend who''s driving down for the game, but he''s decided, on late notice, to spend the night in Portsmouth and drive back on the Tuesday, so that''s no good for me.

The trains are no good, as they don''t run that late.

So, has anyone ever tried to get a ''one-way'' ticket for the coaches? Obviously i''d have no problems paying the full price of coach travel, but the issue here is presumably going to be that, at this late notice, i have no one to call at the club to arrange it. So does anyone know of someone at the club i could contact about this, who would answer their phone on a Sunday?

Failing that, is anyone planning on driving back to Norwich after the game tomorrow, and wouldn''t mind having an extra person to share the petrol cost?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

? I can get you a lift with someone, can you contact me on my work number 0845 257 1000 and ask for Jez

Thanks

Cheers for the responses, you in particularly Jez.

Luckily i''ve managed to sort something out with a friend of a friend, so it appears i was a bit hasty with this post.

Greatly appreciated though. Good to be part of a football club where the fans can be replied upon to look out for each other!

we got a one way ticket back from charlton in 2007 on a tuesday night .. went down on the train spent the day drinking  in london then hopped on club canary outside the ground was a right polava getting on the right coach though  [:D]