Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

To my fellow Norwich fans: I am so so sorry!

I feel I have to apologise.  I feel dirty, grubby.  I am disgusted with myself.  For the first time in, possibly forever, this morning I...... Missed the 1st Division!  I''m sorry, it was only a fleeting feeling and went away almost instantly.  Let me explain:

I was watching the 1st Div goals on ITV this morning and I realised I missed it on some level.  The easiness, the predictability.  I''m not saying the 1st Div is easy.  IMO it is one of the hardest leagues in the world.  That is no exaggeration.  It''s just easier to be a fan of a 1st Div club.  You''ll probably win more than you lose, there isn''t as much pressure, the world and his wife aren''t about to take the p**s if you lose, and you DON''T have Mark Lawrenson breathing down your neck the whole time!

As soon as I realised this I was disgusted with myself.  I love the Premiership, it''s the place to be.  And I am keeping the faith   It''s just hard.  I know thats what football is about, it''s just so hard.

Has anyone else, fleetingly might I add, missed the predictability of a boring win in the 1st Division?

I''ll try harder people, I really will!

I miss the real fans of the Sunderlands, Crewes, Derbys etc., if I''m honest...but it must be the aim of the club to play at the highest level they can hence, once in the Prem, you just have to put up with the massed ranks of glory hunters, the biased and scathing press, the constant media spotlight, the even crappier refs that do the big clubs'' bidding...need I go on?  No.  The Prem isn''t all it''s cracked up to be in many ways, but I''m sure we would feel differently about it if we could just survive this season and get a bit stronger for the next one.  I do miss those genuine fans though!  (Disappears to beat herself up for enjoying last season so much!!!) 

[quote]I feel I have to apologise. I feel dirty, grubby. I am disgusted with myself. For the first time in, possibly forever, this morning I...... Missed the 1st Division! I''m sorry, it was only a fleeti...[/quote]

That is really funny Dumble because i was watching also this morning and thinking the same as you but I still feel sometimes I would rather we were still there chasing promotion and stuff I guess in a bad way of thinking we will be there again next season unless we improve on 1 point from a possible 21 points form

And the worst thing to think about is that as we crash out of the premier league the ip**** go up

I know I am such a postive young man Sorry guys.................

I too miss genuine fans.

I''d forgotten just how arogant Premiership fans are. We easily have the best away support in this country and make more noise imho than any other fans in the Premiership. Villa Park, WHL, Anfield, Old Trafford, even St James Park - you could hear a pin drop in all of them.

[quote]I too miss genuine fans. I''d forgotten just how arogant Premiership fans are. We easily have the best away support in this country and make more noise imho than any other fans in the Premiership. Vil...[/quote]

Yeah, that''s been one of the biggest disappointments for me, the complete lack of atmosphere at any Premiership grounds. And not just the bigger teams, there was no noise at places like Charlton either.