Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Here's a remarkable stat . . .

[8-|]

Today''s result makes it six promotions and five relegations to/from the top flight in our history.  In all that time we''ve NEVER clinched it at a home game.

It''s happened twice without kicking a ball (one promotion, one relegation), the other nine have all been at away games.

[8-|]

That is quite remarkable, I would have loved to have one in at Carrow Road, but the tensions would have been too hard to handle. Party time on Saturday.

I could be wrong Canary Cherub, but I''m sure I remember us getting relegated from Division 1 in 1982 or thereabouts by losing 3-2 at home to Leicester.

Can''t remember all of them, but was only thinking something similar a little while ago - think we certainly won promotion whilst away at Sunderland, Charlton and tonight at Pompey. And in 85/6 wasn''t it at Bradford?

Though we did''nt statistically do it against Derby, the wild celebrations after Simo''s winner were as fantastic as you are gonna get! I''ll have that as my promotion clincher when I was actually present!Another statistic to mull and celebrate over is that is the 1st time this season we have won 4 on the spin! what a time to hit that sort of form!

Hey I am glad we won it tonight away from home so we can enjoy saturday at home. I just think there would have been too much pressure at home against Coventry and this means we can enjoy our last home game.

OTBC