Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Official Match(es) Thread - Cardiff vs 'Boro & Pompey vs Norwich

I know we want to win tonight, but just looking at all possibilities...

If we draw the next 2 games, Cardiff would have to win by 3 or more to leap us against Burnley?  Goal dif and if that is equal, goals for next?

Sorry bit of a nerdy question!

90 mins to glory !!! come on city make us dream.... i must be the only maltese person going crazy with neves right now!!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Jules"]Soooo nervous! OTBC!
[/quote]

Me too Jules [:S]

[/quote]

Me too [:$]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Seriously, who walked out of Carrow Road after the Watford game all the way back in August, and thought we''d be going in to our last game with Promotion either in our own hands or already in the bag?

Monumental achievement to be in this position.

[/quote]

Cast your mind back further, not to the Colchester game, but Lamberts first game against Wycombe where we won 5-2.  Anybody think then that something as special as this could happen, i doubt it...

Its a phenomenal achievement...

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Jules"]Soooo nervous! OTBC!
[/quote]

Me too Jules [:S]

[/quote]

Me too [:$]

[/quote]

Horrible isn''t it

No need to get nervous guys, this is an opportunity we realistically didn''t expect. Lets go out there and express ourselves! Create some space, we know we can win so let''s not give up the chase...

I''ve just found out that there''s a big possibility that we could have a bad game. Andy D''Urso is the ref, and we all know what he''s like with Norwich :-(

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I''ve just found out that there''s a big possibility that we could have a bad game. Andy D''Urso is the ref, and we all know what he''s like with Norwich :-([/quote]

Not good, hate D''urso

Look at it this way, Cardiff''s result has now given us a free game.1 win in 2 games does it.Gotta be happy with that.

[8] 

Kick it off, Throw it in,
Have a little scrimmage,
Keep it low, A splendid rush,
Bravo – win or die,
On the ball city! Never mind the danger,
...Steady on, Now’s your chance,
Hurrah we’ve scored a goal,
Cityyyyyy Cityyyyyyyyyy Cityyyyyyyyy [8]

Good luck everyone, I''m off to hide behind the sofa for the next couple of hours...[:S]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Hope the nerves won''t get to the lads.  Id be useless if I were a NC player haha[/quote]I''m not sure nerves would be the only reason for that, WeAreYellows.. [;)]

Pompey have also only picked up 3 points from their last 6 games - all draws. If we do slip up tonight though, at least it won''t be a disaster, as we will still be in 2nd no matter how the result turns out (hopefully an away win).

[quote user="milehighcanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Hope the nerves won''t get to the lads.  Id be useless if I were a NC player haha[/quote]

I''m not sure nerves would be the only reason for that, WeAreYellows.. [;)]

[/quote]

That''s true lol

I''m not sure if  I should watch the game on Fox, or listen to Chris and Neal''s amazing commentary....Also, I have to leave at half time to coach my girls team and then my boys team.Maybe, if you listen real hard, you''ll hear a faint yell of joy from the middle of Colorado around 9:30pm GMT... [:)]

[quote user="milehighcanary"]I''m not sure if  I should watch the game on Fox, or listen to Chris and Neal''s amazing commentary....

Also, I have to leave at half time to coach my girls team and then my boys team.

Maybe, if you listen real hard, you''ll hear a faint yell of joy from the middle of Colorado around 9:30pm GMT... [:)]

[/quote]

We watch the TV and listen to the commentary [Y]

[quote user="HazzaJet"]Pompey have also only picked up 3 points from their last 6 games - all draws. If we do slip up tonight though, at least it won''t be a disaster, as we will still be in 2nd no matter how the result turns out (hopefully an away win).[/quote]

Of course we all want a win tonight but I''m hoping we at least come up with a draw. Cardiff heads will be down going to Burnley. ( I''ll bet the odds have changed for that match ). At least a point tonight is important to take Swansea out of the equation and then the odds would be significantly in our favour for the last game.