Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Official Match(es) Thread - Cardiff vs 'Boro & Pompey vs Norwich

Still a long way to go. Cardiff have the most talented forward line outside the Premier League, and could well of had as many as 4 goals themselves in that half.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I told you all it would be fine :D (And in the excitement have decided to book train tickets to come back for the game this weekend :D)[/quote]

Gloryhunter[:P]

C''mon Boro.1 half gone our way!!

[/quote]

Lol. I have a season ticket :P And my Sister is actually working (i thought she wasn''t) wouldn''t want to leave an empty seat would I...

Plus i bet £6 on Boro to win, so as long as they manage to hold on, thats the train ticket paid for :D

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]Ricardo can''t watch it, I''m getting under the bed for 10 mins to calm down.[/quote]You''ll probably find Snowy somewhere under there too.He finding it all a bit too much too......[/quote]The little old fellar is calmness personified.I wish I was.My poor old ticker went into overdrive when Leroy scored.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]WTF ......
just come in from work and Cardiff losing 0-3 lmao
Whats the game like good ???
Or Cardiff bottlers ??
[/quote]

Middlesborough up for it. Attaching swiftly. Keeping the ball. Cardiff look lifeless and idea-less so far.

This tension is too much, felt it ever since I got up this morning. Reckon i''ve gone through at least 40 fags today now. Never been this nervous and tense as a City fan

I don''t like the "If Cardiff lose then Norwich go up" presumption that the Sky presenters keep making - same with some posters on here.If Cardiff lose, then it''s good for us. I still can''t believe we might be going up this season!The best way to think of it is this - if Cardiff lose, then it lessens the pressure on us. If we happen to draw or lose today (possible, against a good Pompey side) then we''ll still go into the last game of the season in second place. It takes the pressure off us, and places a heap more on Cardiff.Instead of thinking we''re going up today; think of it this way - no matter what, we''ll be in second place on the last day of the season. Who out of all of us would ever have thought this possible 18 months ago?!OTBC!

[quote user="John"]Still a long way to go. Cardiff have the most talented forward line outside the Premier League, and could well of had as many as 4 goals themselves in that half.[/quote]No, we have. We''ve scored more than any other club in the Championship (just, Leeds being a close second). Shame we''ve let a few in!!

Fair play Ginge,bet you got good odds on that!! (Touched wood[Y])

Anyone who thinks the City lads aren''t keeping tabs on the Cardiff score, check out Pacheco''s Twitter!

[quote user="Harry"][quote user=""]still not relaxed we want a 3rd[/quote]

Are you relaxed now?
[/quote]

No, have felt sick all day and wont relax until around 10pm tonight. Great start for Borough but a long 45 mins to go and Bellamy is getting more and more frustrated.

Cant believe fans were walking out after 20 mins [:)]

Swansea fan here wishing you good luck tonight against Pompey.  After

you got through the Ipswich game I felt certain you''d pip Cardiff, but I

was expecting perhaps a big win for them tonight and a draw for you,

before you swapped places with them again on saturday with an easy win

while they messed up at Burnley.  I imagine you''re finding the game at

the moment just as funny as we are!I envy the fans going to Pompey tonight, what a glorious atmosphere that is going to be! 

[quote user="bloodwagon"]WTF ......
just come in from work and Cardiff losing 0-3 lmao
Whats the game like good ???
Or Cardiff bottlers ??
[/quote]

Def bottlers, very clumsy at the back, Bellamy cant stay onside. But some half time ear abuse could fix all that.

Even if they lose its not over unless we get 3 points.Long way to go yet.But looks better than it did at 5pm.

[quote user="Lambo"]This tension is too much, felt it ever since I got up this morning. Reckon i''ve gone through at least 40 fags today now. Never been this nervous and tense as a City fan[/quote]

Im been growing steadily more nervous this past week, and today it''s fever pitch nervous, ive shopped, mowed both lawns, edged both lawns and now watered lol nothing''s working to calm me or take my mind off it

[quote user="Largey"]Anyone who thinks the City lads aren''t keeping tabs on the Cardiff score, check out Pacheco''s Twitter![/quote]

Don''t know his twitter lol

11/2 Herman.

Could possibly have got better elsewhere, but i have an 888 account, so just did it on there. (Put £4 on Holt to win a penalty at 25-1 as well :D)

[quote user="SwanseaGirl"]Swansea fan here wishing you good luck tonight against Pompey.  After you got through the Ipswich game I felt certain you''d pip Cardiff, but I was expecting perhaps a big win for them tonight and a draw for you, before you swapped places with them again on saturday with an easy win while they messed up at Burnley.  I imagine you''re finding the game at the moment just as funny as we are!

I envy the fans going to Pompey tonight, what a glorious atmosphere that is going to be! [/quote]

Hiya and welcome to the forum [:D]

It is rather amusing, but a way to go just yet, thanks anyhow [Y]

Same. I just keep smoking haha!!!

I think i''ll weep with joy on the 5 a side pitch if I find we''re up!

[quote user="SwanseaGirl"]Swansea fan here wishing you good luck tonight against Pompey.  After you got through the Ipswich game I felt certain you''d pip Cardiff, but I was expecting perhaps a big win for them tonight and a draw for you, before you swapped places with them again on saturday with an easy win while they messed up at Burnley.  I imagine you''re finding the game at the moment just as funny as we are!

I envy the fans going to Pompey tonight, what a glorious atmosphere that is going to be! [/quote]

Cheers Girl...

Should be a good noise down there tonight, i just hope we dont mess it up.  Lambert has been so good at getting the players just to the right level of, erm, upness i suppose.  In the past 2 years, dont think i''ve seen too many games where we''ve been over excited so hopefully they can keep their cool and finish off the job.

Good luck in the play-offs, you have the quality to beat what could be a disappointed and deflated Cardiff team and Reading seem to have used up their good run.  Forest are the ones to watch again now...

Cardiff have certainly come out with a lot of energy in the second half (as you''d expect). Boro have gone off the boil a bit, but they just have to hold on for the first 15 mins or so ....