Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Will we have a Civic Reception?

The mayor of Norwich said on the radio lastnight that he would do everything within his power to make it happen

Anytime after June the 8th when I will be in the country to attend, thanks.[Y]

[quote user="Depraved"]The mayor of Norwich said on the radio lastnight that he would do everything within his power to make it happen[/quote]

I think that''s going to be a yes then :-) and with the appeal this week and the potential of an extended season we''ll be holding the first one!!

I think the last game at home against Coventry will be as good as any Civic reception......But for those supporters who are unable to attend for whatever reason the celebrations at Carrow Road on Saturday, the opportunity to applaud the team with an open top bus parade celebration - leading to a Civic reception should be considered.....and I do think it will happen.

This sunday there will be 26,000 fans.

A civic or parade through the city, we know brought in 50,000 fans. There are many fans who will not see pictures of the celebrations at carrow road on sunday due to the cameras being on the games.

But parade will have excellent television coverage, it will pass Norwich Landmarks and certainly I feel that is a fitting tribute to the people of Norwich, Norfolk and the many fans overseas. I was last year and was not there.

I also remember the night following worthy''s promotion teams civic reception. Getting outside city hall at 3pm, the emotions welling up. Afraid at Carrow Road it will still be surrounded by a football game. A reception in the city will bring real emotion and I believe for the players it will be the only way to realise what they have done and apprecaite they are special to have 50,000 people applauding and waving up at them through a city they would walk through a year ago, where they would almost be un-noticed.

It also is good to have those pictures for those players who may come in to carrow road in the summer. Show them a history dvd of the club to get a real understanding and then show that although we celebrated yesterday and Sunday. The city stood still to applaud their team.

So simple answer for me, stadium party is good but still a game. City celebration a must