Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Lambert and Culverhouse the new Clough/taylor Partnership?

People say that times have changed and history can never be repeated, but i am not so sure. We have a wonderful young management team with hunger in theit bellies. match that up with a club with potential and who knows where that can finish.years ago everyone thought the Forest bubble would burst but it kept on and on. I am not saying we can repeat their former glory but i dont think the good times have ended either and look forward to next season in the premiership with far more optimism than last time. Lambert will stay and build upon his successes already. There will be a a procession of hungry unheard of talent out there eager to catch his eye and turn them into better players and household names

Seems like a decent parallel at the moment. Although we don''t really want Lambert go off and join Leeds :P

The European success would be far fetched but i could see us becoming an established premiership side with some cup and or European experience in the future. I hope he has the strength of character to avoid the Owen Coyle lure of a mid table premiership club as when he left Burnley for Bolton

I agree with you Yorkshire... Paul Lambert could prove to be the best manager this country has seen since Cloughie.  The comparisons between the two guys and of course Martin O''Neill are frightening.  All those who have Norwich down for a season long relegation scrap next year can think what they like.  I think that we will finish top 10 and that we could even surpise everybody yet again by pushing for qualification for a Europa League spot.Would much rather have what we have than a crap manager wasting multi-millions on misfits and unable to gel a team together like so many clubs!!!

Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa  [:)]

The Independent, 23/04/2011:

Paul Lambert:  "... I have always said

the fans and the players are the most important people at the club. I am

delighted for Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa who I have brought with

me. 
"They have been every bit as important to me, and have probably been my two best signings."