Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Stadium Capacity Next Season

I seem to remember hearing we''d be increasing capacity to 27,000 for next season assuming we stayed in the Championship. Does anyone know if there was any plan to increase it further on reaching the Premier League?

It already has a capacity of 27,000 (27,033 to be exact).

There was talk about putting a stand over the City Stand, but I think I am right in saying that would only take place if we stay in the Premiership for two seasons. Anyone correct me if I am wrong!!

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]

There was talk about putting a stand over the City Stand, but I think I am right in saying that would only take place if we stay in the Premiership for two seasons. Anyone correct me if I am wrong!!

[/quote]You are correct.

1000 extra seats for next season should be confirmed soon. Can''t see any redevelopment of the City stand unless we can stay in the Prem for a couple of years at least.

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]

You are correct.
[/quote]

Correct, but McNally has said he was looking into plans to slightly increase the capacity again this summer without any an extra stand - only a possibility though

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]

You are correct.
[/quote]

That is certainly what they''ve said all alone, but McNally has also talked about getting some extra seats fitted in, as happened last season. I mentioned this in another thread:

1. The club seems to have held off from putting a figure on the number of season tickets available for 2011/12, presumably waiting to find out which division we would be in. Now that is settled a decision can be made on whether to install extra seats and - if so - how many. And so how season tickets there will be.

One small point is that the effective capacity is more like 26,500, because of segregation, rather than 27,000.

Presumably, increasing the capacity without adding a stand means squeezing extra seats in where there are no gaps like they did in the N&P upper stand this season?

Stick an uncovered temporary stand in the hotel corner and put the away fans in it