Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Why are posters slagging off former players.

I just don''t get it. Our finest hour and still posters can''t stop slagging off former players, and players that  gave there all while here.

I was most saddened by the Doc thread.

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"]I just don''t get it. Our finest hour and still posters can''t stop slagging off former players, and players that  gave there all while here.
[/quote]

I was going to start a new thread about one of our former players but wont now [:(]

Only player that I want to throw pie in the face is David Marshall, just because he jumped ship as he did not want to play in league 1 and now he will be sat in the Championship if they do not get through the play offs, lol

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"]I just don''t get it. Our finest hour and still posters can''t stop slagging off former players, and players that  gave there all while here.
[/quote]

You''ve amounted over 1,000 posts, so I doubt you can be surprised by this.

However, I agree. We should be rejoicing today, and the rest of the summer. Even more so if there is a chance to achieve the title. First team to win title back-to-back promotion. [;)]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"]I just don''t get it. Our finest hour and still posters can''t stop slagging off former players, and players that  gave there all while here. [/quote]

You''ve amounted over 1,000 posts, so I doubt you can be surprised by this.

However, I agree. We should be rejoicing today, and the rest of the summer. Even more so if there is a chance to achieve the title. First team to win title back-to-back promotion. [;)]

[/quote]Your right i should know better really. But exciting times ahead ,can''t wait for next season.

Now you know the rules - Norwich players are not allowed to better themselves regardless of the circumstances (and regardless of how said subsequent move may work out.)

Because they are pathetic, sad sack, bell-ends that can''t just be happy today?

[quote user="morty"]Because they are pathetic, sad sack, bell-ends that can''t just be happy today?[/quote]

couldn''t have put it better....why not just "live the dream"!

Same reason that some posters after a night of  pure drama and glory, feel the necessary need to snipe and bitch.....at those who don''t concur with their opinions on what constitutes being a ''model'' and ''true'' supporter....I suppose?

Hold-fire and forget differences for a while, and to just revel in our promotion and celebrations on this forum.....But unfortunately, some folk just can''t help themselves.... 

Then again.....Do I/we, expect anything less?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Same reason that some posters after a night of  pure drama and glory, feel the necessary need to snipe and bitch.....at those who don''t concur with their opinions on what constitutes being a ''model'' and ''true'' supporter....I suppose?

Hold-fire and forget differences for a while, and to just revel in our promotion and celebrations on this forum.....But unfortunately, some folk just can''t help themselves.... 

Then again.....Do I/we, expect anything less?

[/quote]Cluck''s back in his cage anyway.....  [;)]

Totally agree with the opening post[Y]

However, cluckin'' nora and mello''s points are strange ones. I have never understood why we should have differences when all we have is eachother but when we have everything we want we should forget them. To me that''s the wrong way round.

Two years ago I went to ipswich and we were beaten and our bitterest rivals gave us a firm shove towards League One. The fans who went that day endured taunts from ipswich fans but proudly stood by their club only to come home to face more ridicule on this message board from their own fans. Then we went to Charlton watched the relegation. Endured a 90 minutes where the only pride on view was that of the fans. Yet returning home the fans couldn''t be united because posters on here still felt the need to snipe and bitch and generally ridicule their own fans for standing by their club. The "season ticket snobbery" was about "throwing them in". Apparently a "true fan" was someone who boycotted, protested and didn''t renew their season ticket.

I celebrated promotion last night hugging fans who have stood together throughout our fall and rise. Only those fans can feel what I am feeling right now. Doesn''t make me a better fan than those who turned on their own two years ago. But it makes me different. They obviously don''t understand me and I don''t understand them. As they say - There''s nowt so starnge as folk.

Its quite sad, although I did allow myself a moment last night of mentioning the moment when Lee Croft left us for ''bigger and better'' things.

Its not a case of sniping for his supposed ''disloyalty'', more a sign of how far we''ve come in such a short time that he was the best we could get in our squad...

There are 2 players that come to mind that deserve to be slagged off

1. Andy Marshall

2. Michael Theoklitis