Sign in to follow this  
CantonsHero

Team versus Coventry

Paul Lambert goes on about how its a team effort and how the boys who didn''t play are just as important; I think he should let them have their time to shine on Saturday. Be a nice way to thank the loanees who''ve played second fiddle to the squad as well.RuddR. Martin (c), Edwards, Ward, DruryMcNamee, Korey, Lansbury, LappinMartin, PachecoAnd whichever three top the poll of players of the season could come on as substitutes and get a massive ovation. For me thats (Martin - but he would start, Holt, Fox, Hoolahan/Jackson)

Jackson won''t be PoTS. He''s been amazing in the last month, but didn''t do anything much before, while Holt, Hoolahan, R.Martin, Fox, Crofts, Ruddy, even Ward did.

I would be quite happy with that team. In one i did (in the Chris Martin thread) i had Hoolahan and Holt in for Macnamee and Pacheco, either way.

I think he''ll change very little. I can''t imagine Zak will play - he can put his fragile bones/muscles into cotton wool for the next 3 months. I also presume Fox is carrying a niggle which is why he''s come off in each of the last four games. Other than that - carry on!

He will probably pick the team based on who has sobered up by Saturday morning.

I would love the players to take time out to walk up riverside before the match

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Jackson won''t be PoTS. He''s been amazing in the last month, but didn''t do anything much before, while Holt, Hoolahan, R.Martin, Fox, Crofts, Ruddy, even Ward did.

I would be quite happy with that team. In one i did (in the Chris Martin thread) i had Hoolahan and Holt in for Macnamee and Pacheco, either way.[/quote]I think I read that POTS was a fans vote, and that was why I put Jackson there; he wasn''t our best player this year, but he did get us over the line and that will get him a lot of votes. Hell, even Rio Ferdinand put a mention on Twitter about him!

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Paul Lambert goes on about how its a team effort and how the boys who didn''t play are just as important; I think he should let them have their time to shine on Saturday. Be a nice way to thank the loanees who''ve played second fiddle to the squad as well.RuddR. Martin (c), Edwards, Ward, DruryMcNamee, Korey, Lansbury, LappinMartin, PachecoAnd whichever three top the poll of players of the season could come on as substitutes and get a massive ovation. For me thats (Martin - but he would start, Holt, Fox, Hoolahan/Jackson)[/quote]I''d go along with that, but Holt for McNamee, and stick with the diamond.I also agree that Martin should be POTS [Y]

R.Martin pots. for the stick he got at the start, whilest he had a medical condition, he was awesome, this season best right back since edworthy, maybe even better for is attacking qualitys, the boy ran his hart out all season. I can''t remember him having a bad game.

Let''s face it Lambo could put out the Groundsman, a turnstile operator, the tea lady and Delia''s Head Chef as the midfield diamond on Saturday and they''ll get a fantastic reception such will be the party[;)][;)][;)]. Although seriously I think it will depend if there is a Championship trophy to play for after Friday''s hearing. If the League bottle it (as I suspect) and QPR get away with no (or a minimal) points deduction it would be good to see some of the ''bit part'' players have their chance for an ovation, especially as some of them may not be around come next August.And another votre for Russell Martin as PoTS- he has been rock in our back four and it is difficult to remember him having a poor game.   

Great thread, completely agree, time to honour the people on the fringes who have helped to keep the team spirit so great.

With the one exception that Russell Martin should play every single minute to keep his record alive.

I think he should play the same XI, but I take the point about Zak.

Would like to see Drury, Chris Martin and Korey come on to take their share of the glory.

Rudd

R.Martin          Ward      Edwards     Drury

Macnamee      K.Smith    Lansbury    Lappin

C.Martin       Pacheco        

I think its about getting the balance right. Holt, Fox and Whitbread should be rested as they have been carrying knocks. Russell Martin has to play. To have played every minute in a promotion campaign is some achievement. I would like Pacheco and Lansbury to also start as they have shown terrific commitment to the cause.

If QPR were to get a 4/5 point deduction then the title would be in our grasp in which case we should play our strongest line-up, if not then I agree, though it might be nice to see a few of the youth team get a chance from the bench (if they are ready)

Strongest possible team - carry on winning.  It''s a habit we need to carry into pre-season.  Can''t see Lambert putting out anything other than his strongest team either - He will still want to win this one as much as every other game, he''s a winner and them types don''t let up.

RuddFrancombeTierneyEdwardsWardMcnameeSmithLappinLansburyPachechoJacksonsubsRuddR MartinHoltHoolahanCroftsFoxSurmanGive the 1st teamers a rest and the fringe players a go.. why not!

Stick with a winning team, but be wary of anyone carrying knocks as already mentioned: Zak and Fox

We want to go out on a high and we can''t expect Coventry to be happy being part of an exhibition match and roll over for us...

Loving the idea of the promotion party down by the riverside from 9am - almost makes me want to book my train down there from Nottingham!

He''ll play the same XI that did the job at Portsmouth. Gives us the opportunity to applaud them and show our appreciation.

Holt will be taken off for a standing ovation as will, presumably, be Hoolahoop and Jackson.

Rudd

Francombe Edwards Ward Drury

Fox

McNamee Lappin

Lansbury

C. Martin Pacheco

Subs: Steer, R. Martin, Tierney, Wes, Korey, Surman, Holt,

*Rudd to be substituted at half-time for Steer