Sign in to follow this  
Absent Friend

Adam Drury

Hope he plays on Saturday. He made a big contribution earlier in the season, but seems to be out of favour since his unfortunate own goal.

I think he''s got a year to run on his contract and is due a testimonial, but realistically years of fighting injury has caught up with him so he''s probably not going to see much more action in a City shirt, is he?

I have to say I''m a little bit surprised he doesn''t even make the bench these days, although that could be just a case of Lambo feeling it unnecessary to have a substitute left back on the bench.

Wouldn''t say he was out of favour, just when Tierney had his chance, he has taken it and been excellent.

Yeah i hope he plays.

Has been a great player for this club, but i was surprised to see just how many games he has missed over the 10 years he has been here due to injury.

I think he will stay next season, if only because he is one of the more experienced squad members and one of 3/4 who have been in the Premiership.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I have to say I''m a little bit surprised he doesn''t even make the bench these days, although that could be just a case of Lambo feeling it unnecessary to have a substitute left back on the bench.[/quote]

With Lappin on the bench, a LB isn''t really needed. Lambert likes his attack minded bench, so a GK, CB and Lappin is more than enough to cover defence (and if K.Smith is there, he can play RB)

Hello! I''m new and this is my first post. And, before I start, I''d like to say that one of my footballing heroes is Adam Drury.Personally, I wouldn''t say he was especially out of favour. Seems to me that even if you don''t play him every game, Drury is great to have about the place: longest serving player, former captain, amiable, professional. No doubt his influence is best felt in the changing room and amongst the young players. All this aside, the guy is still a good left-back. Though age and injury have taken their tole, he is, nonetheless, superb to have as cover.I, likewise, hope he gets a game on Saturday.Thanks.

He doesn''t play because Tierney suits the diamond far better.

Lambert wanted to replicate R.Martin''s lungbusting drives down the right wing on the left and this isn''t Drury''s forte.

Perhaps in the Premier League different tactics may be called upon and I''m sure Adam will play a part.

He''s been a legend for us since his arrival from Peterborough. Won POTS in 2003, named as captain for the next season, and at the end of the season lifts the trophy. However, he is ageing and Tierney has been brilliant ever since he got his chance. I reckon Drury''s career with us is pretty much over now.