Sign in to follow this  
DiscoDalesTatties

Are we happy with Ruddy?

Someone on here saying Ruddy has a touch of the Gomez about him???? WTF??!!

All these threads today are pissing me off as every player has been simply and purely immense for us and Ruddy ranks up there with Wes and Holt in my humble opinion. He should be contending for our votes for POTS.

At 24 he is a very capable commanding presence, knows when to come out allowing defence further up the pitch, his judgement has been near faultless with throwing out or kicking which has been superbly accurate, rarely seen one go astray if ever.

He''s had two mistakes that I''ve seen, one a contender for Oops TV but what a howler and one that he''ll never make again. He''s only going to grow in stature and experience and he has England spot written all over him with the knowledge he''ll gain from the Premiership.

Stop all these threads as soon as we''ve actually got something amazing to celebrate, start looking at the teams and players we''ll come up against and teach a thing or two and learn from.

Well maybe I am wrong... I hope your right. I would love him to progress that much. And Lambert is the man to help him!

I think so. I have been a little unsure about whether he will be able to cut it next season because of the number of goals we''ve conceded but as someone else has pointed out, you can''t blame him for all of them as mistakes by the defence have also caused many of them (just like Theo wasn''t to blame for all of the goals in the 7-1 defeat last season). We will have to sign another keeper though - if Ruddy gets injured/suspended there''s no way Rudd or Steer will be able to cover as they are far too inexperienced.

Has anyone followed how Fraser Forster has done at Celtic? If he''s not going to be Newcastle''s 1st choice next season is he worth a bid? Better than Ruddy in my opinion. That said, I would be happy if we stuck with Ruddy, he has certainly played his part in our promotion, just think if we can get better why not?

This forum doesn''t half make me laugh, we have just got BLOODY PROMOTED FOR GODS SAKE. Can we not enjoy it for even 24 hours before some of start picking the side for next season, who''s next jackson? This is the reason why paul lambert is the manager and a certain selection of you numptys aren''t, let him pick the team and you support them! No matter who plays, with paul lambert at the helm we will defo be staying up!!!!