Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Throw another name onto the messageboard.

Shay Given.

An experianced keeper, who isn''t getting a game at man city and it doesn''t look like he will get a game anytime soon either with Joe Hart being the england #1 and the man city #1 surely SGiven would want to play 1st team football. As much as I think that JRuddy has improved over the season I don''t feel that there is enough competition for the #1 top! SGiven would not only give competition, but also give the team the experiance needed (the current squad is young which is good but lack experiance which will be needed nextt season). SGiven is also a very steady goalkeeper, and very reliable. Could we get him on a season long loan ?? Wages may be a tad high, but if he isn''t going to play im sure he would take a cut in wages to play 1st team?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Shay Given.

An experianced keeper, who isn''t getting a game at man city and it doesn''t look like he will get a game anytime soon either with Joe Hart being the england #1 and the man city #1 surely SGiven would want to play 1st team football. As much as I think that JRuddy has improved over the season I don''t feel that there is enough competition for the #1 top! SGiven would not only give competition, but also give the team the experiance needed (the current squad is young which is good but lack experiance which will be needed nextt season). SGiven is also a very steady goalkeeper, and very reliable. Could we get him on a season long loan ?? Wages may be a tad high, but if he isn''t going to play im sure he would take a cut in wages to play 1st team?

[/quote]

Shame he''s getting linked with the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and it''s not as if we''d afford his wages...