Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Shout out for Ricardo

After the defeat against Swansea there was a lot of doom and gloom, Ricardo however was a voice of optimism and boldy stated that we would not lose another game this season, whilst his prediction may not come true (with only one game to go) the essence of his message was that he believed we would get promoted, so well done mate and to those that laughed at his prediction I banish you to the "naughty chair", which just happens to be a jaded, faded, yellow plastic seat.....

Same could be said for many posters over the years, to be honest - I''ve not been about much this season due to the usual bickering nonsense, but there are plenty of posters who have now vacated these boards entirely after being hounded for their positivity.  Perhaps there''s a lesson in keeping the faith through even the darkest of times, although I''m sure there''ll be plenty of dissenting voices in the years to come (even after we''ve lost to Barcelona in the 2012/13 Champions League Final [;)]).

Regardless, Ricardo deserves his moment in the limelight - his match reports are one of the reasons I keep coming back here - as does First Wizard and the others who were mocked for their bold predictions of success.

OTBC!

[quote]to those that laughed at his prediction I banish you to the "naughty

chair", which just happens to be a jaded, faded, yellow plastic

seat.....[/quote]So where will you sit then, SoB ? [;)]

Do you have the same opinion for First Wiz, who so proudly predicted promotion?

This isn''t to take away from Ricardo, he has IMO one of the best members on here. With a contribution worth reading, I just feel that he isn''t the only one who was so positive. [:)]

Or in fact, maybe, you should be appluading his cat - who seems to have done most of his work [;)]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]which just happens to be a jaded, faded, yellow plastic seat.....

[/quote]With £90m coming our way I think you could be in for a brand new shiny yellow plastic seat SoB but, I have heard a whisper that all the new seats will be smaller so we can get more fans in the ground. [:D]

Can i have a shout out? I knew we would be promoted :P I Almost got the scores right yesterday (3-1 and 2-0) Yet its Ricardo and Wiz getting all the praise :P

I don''t really mind, many people have kept the faith, its easy to understand why people get nervous and expect the worst. But whats important now, is were all Norwich fans, our team has been promoted, were getting lots of compliments, we have an amazing manager, some great players. And were going to beat Man.U again next season :D (And we are definatly staying up!!!)

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]which just happens to be a jaded, faded, yellow plastic seat.....

[/quote]With £90m coming our way I think you could be in for a brand new shiny yellow plastic seat SoB but, I have heard a whisper that all the new seats will be smaller so we can get more fans in the ground. [:D]

[/quote]

Now this is a very good point that shouldn''t be dismissed lightly. I have it on good authority that the long term plan is to reduce ALL seat sizes apart from those in the new structure in front of the hotel which will be known as "Lard Arse Corner". Fans will have to pass a "maximum width test" to sit in all other areas. This will be fail safe as the turnstiles to those areas will be reduced to only allow a "maximum sized rear end" entry.

NN your slacking with the Pups table. Last night is no excuse :P (unless you already posted it, and its been swallowed in a sea of celebration threads)

Yeah fair play to both Ricardo and 1st Wizard, they were both so bold in their predictions that you do have to hand it to them now they''ve come true (Ricardos is still to be fulfilled but now were up i guess thats enough!)

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Shout out to Ginger Pele and allow fellow NCFC fans wherever they are in the world.....(even that slightly annoying geezer from Houston)......[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]After the defeat against Swansea there was a lot of doom and gloom, Ricardo however was a voice of optimism and boldy stated that we would not lose another game this season, whilst his prediction may not come true (with only one game to go) the essence of his message was that he believed we would get promoted, so well done mate and to those that laughed at his prediction I banish you to the "naughty chair", which just happens to be a jaded, faded, yellow plastic seat.....[/quote]Thanks SoB. As I said before, I''ve now seen 8 of NCFC''s promotions and I''ve never seen them bottle it once they get into position and they didn''t this time did they?Some teams have a history of falling apart when history beckons but our team has never been one of those. Unfortunately for Cardiff it is well known that they are perennial bottlers and so it proved again this time.I was very confident when we got in amongst them though thats not to say I didn''t get nervous yesterday. I hid behind the settee a couple of times and Snowy gave me a look of quiet distain.