Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Sounds like we're going up as Champions

1. You can''t compare the Faurlin transfer with the Bellamy deal. Cardiff got him cheaply but it was completely legitimate.

2. Faurlin has played regularly for QPR this season - Warnock must have thought he was helping their cause. Therefore they have gained benefit from this illegal transaction and will have gained extra points as a consequence. Without these extra points we would have been champions anyway, so we should have no embarrassment about obtaining the Championship title this way if this is how it ends.

If found guilty, it will have been decided that QPR broke the rules to seek illegal advantage. In these circumstances, it it quite natural that the advantage (i.e. extra points) should be removed.

Therefore, if QPR are found guilty we will quite rightly be champions. I do, however, feel sorry for the QPR fans to have the prize seized from them so late.

I agree with Badger; there would be no cause for embarrassment should QPR be docked points - if proven guilty, they''ve clearly cheated. We have not, so we''d become rightful Champions.

Mind you, a points deduction on QPR next season would be far more beneficial to us?...

[quote user=" Badger"]1. You can''t compare the Faurlin transfer with the Bellamy deal. Cardiff got him cheaply but it was completely legitimate. 2. Faurlin has played regularly for QPR this season - Warnock must have thought he was helping their cause. Therefore they have gained benefit from this illegal transaction and will have gained extra points as a consequence. Without these extra points we would have been champions anyway, so we should have no embarrassment about obtaining the Championship title this way if this is how it ends. If found guilty, it will have been decided that QPR broke the rules to seek illegal advantage. In these circumstances, it it quite natural that the advantage (i.e. extra points) should be removed. Therefore, if QPR are found guilty we will quite rightly be champions. I do, however, feel sorry for the QPR fans to have the prize seized from them so late.[/quote]

I think we should forget QPR we have done our job, won promotion what difference does a bit of silver matter, and What would we all be thinking if the rolls were reversed, Just enjoy the moment and hope we do well next season and leave the rest to do thier jobs.  

We shouldn''t feel guilty if we are given the title because of a deduction. It would be like finishing second in the 100m at the Olympics and then finding out the winner has been taking steroids for the last couple of years.Do we want a deduction though? I''m not that arsed if we go up as champions or as runners-up, because the prize is still the same, and I''d rather see QPR go up than Cardiff.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A Warnock interview after points deduction would be a real treat[/quote]

You''re not wrong there. What a treat that would be to savour ........  again ......... and again  ............. and again.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]I think big fine and a suspended points deduction will be the outcome[/quote]

So with respect ( assuming QPR are found guilty ) you feel it will be ok for all bankrolled clubs ( that includes the likes of Birmingham and Blackburn ) to be able to do a similar thing next year with no fear of anything other than a fine ? If found guilty and I do stress if this would be blatant cheating. Would you be happy for an athlete to take enhancing drugs be caught but told its ok keep the gold medal we will just give you a fine.

Rules are rules and if you allow this the likes of Chelsea and Man City will obtain far bettter players than Faurlin. If the stories being printed are true documents were falsified and knowingly. If these allegations are true its about as serious as it gets.  

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]At least we can plan for the Premiership, no one else can yet![/quote]Quite right mate, we''ve secured promotion and aren''t at any risk of being stripped of it through a points deduction unlike QPR. I don''t care about how we go up just as long as we do go up. I also request to the FA that if QPR do face being docked points they do it at the start of next season. Mind you, if I was with QPR and had the option of being docked points at the end of this season or the start of next, I would choose at the end of this season as there would still be the playoffs (unless the number of points being docked would send QPR out of the playoffs). If QPR started next season on a negative points tally I reckon they have no chance of survival (so I just hope that if they face being docked points the FA do it at the start of next)

Just remember that if the FA do not get this right then Cardiff will have their solicitors ready also . The Tevez affair in the end gave Sheff Utd 20 million plus compensation ( do not know what they did with that!) effectively acknowledging that West Ham had cheated them out of a place in the Premier League.I really do not like these legal arguments and feel sorry for QPR fans BUT there are rules and clubs must abide by them and I find it hard to believe after the Tevez affair that anyone in football didnt know what they were especially when getting a S American player in!I am getting the feeling they will put QPR in playoffs and give promotion to Cardiff thus avoiding legal mine field because to me from what I see in the media QPR are guilty as charged and I do not see anything from Colin or any QPR staff who can defend what they did

[quote user="CJ"]Just remember that if the FA do not get this right then Cardiff will have their solicitors ready also . The Tevez affair in the end gave Sheff Utd 20 million plus compensation ( do not know what they did with that!) effectively acknowledging that West Ham had cheated them out of a place in the Premier League.I really do not like these legal arguments and feel sorry for QPR fans BUT there are rules and clubs must abide by them and I find it hard to believe after the Tevez affair that anyone in football didnt know what they were especially when getting a S American player in!I am getting the feeling they will put QPR in playoffs and give promotion to Cardiff thus avoiding legal mine field because to me from what I see in the media QPR are guilty as charged and I do not see anything from Colin or any QPR staff who can defend what they did[/quote]I agree with you there CJ - if QPR aren''t docked points and Cardiff fail to win the playoffs, Cardiff will appeal to the FA in the same way that Sheff Utd did over the Tevez affair. A former FA chief expects them being docked points though and apparently this is more serious than the Tevez affair, so I reckon "Champions" QPR will end the season with the playoffs to win to get promotion confirmed.

I would like them to get a points deduction starting next season as that would be more benficial to the club, however from a selfish point of view - I will win £300 if we go up as Champions [:)]

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="CJ"]Just remember that if the FA do not get this right then Cardiff will have their solicitors ready also . The Tevez affair in the end gave Sheff Utd 20 million plus compensation ( do not know what they did with that!) effectively acknowledging that West Ham had cheated them out of a place in the Premier League.

I really do not like these legal arguments and feel sorry for QPR fans BUT there are rules and clubs must abide by them and I find it hard to believe after the Tevez affair that anyone in football didnt know what they were especially when getting a S American player in!

I am getting the feeling they will put QPR in playoffs and give promotion to Cardiff thus avoiding legal mine field because to me from what I see in the media QPR are guilty as charged and I do not see anything from Colin or any QPR staff who can defend what they did
[/quote]I agree with you there CJ - if QPR aren''t docked points and Cardiff fail to win the playoffs, Cardiff will appeal to the FA in the same way that Sheff Utd did over the Tevez affair. A former FA chief expects them being docked points though and apparently this is more serious than the Tevez affair, so I reckon "Champions" QPR will end the season with the playoffs to win to get promotion confirmed.
[/quote]

I think you could be right. Just to put another slant on it - I have a friend who supports Forrest and they are really upset that they could end up playing QPR in the play offs rather than Cardiff.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="CJ"]Just remember that if the FA do not get this right then Cardiff will have their solicitors ready also . The Tevez affair in the end gave Sheff Utd 20 million plus compensation ( do not know what they did with that!) effectively acknowledging that West Ham had cheated them out of a place in the Premier League.

I really do not like these legal arguments and feel sorry for QPR fans BUT there are rules and clubs must abide by them and I find it hard to believe after the Tevez affair that anyone in football didnt know what they were especially when getting a S American player in!

I am getting the feeling they will put QPR in playoffs and give promotion to Cardiff thus avoiding legal mine field because to me from what I see in the media QPR are guilty as charged and I do not see anything from Colin or any QPR staff who can defend what they did
[/quote]I agree with you there CJ - if QPR aren''t docked points and Cardiff fail to win the playoffs, Cardiff will appeal to the FA in the same way that Sheff Utd did over the Tevez affair. A former FA chief expects them being docked points though and apparently this is more serious than the Tevez affair, so I reckon "Champions" QPR will end the season with the playoffs to win to get promotion confirmed.
[/quote]

I think you could be right. Just to put another slant on it - I have a friend who supports Forrest and they are really upset that they could end up playing QPR in the play offs rather than Cardiff.

[/quote]

I think Swansea will come third. Cardiff have to go to Burnley on Saturday whilst Swansea have Sheff Utd at home. It seems to me that QPR have flagrantly breached the rules and sought to conceal what they did thereby compounding the situation. If they are to be punished and made an example of then a points deduction which gives them no chance of promotion would seem to be appropriate whilst at the same time not likely to lead to a compensation claim from one of the play-off qualifiers.

Hopefully when the decision is announced on Friday QPR (if guily) will be deducted 5 points and 15 goals. That means they can still be champions if after Staurdays games they have more points than anyone else - and if they are level then who has the best goal difference.

Swansea and Cardiff to be deducted 10 points and t10 goals for being welsh. That means they can still both make the playoffs if they have more points than Leeds, Burnley and Millwall, Hull and Leicester

This will show that justice has been done as a club that allegedly cheated is punished, however the final trophy will still be decided on merit (playing football) - likewise the two clubs who have cheated by not playing in their own league are also punished.

Plus it will make for far more fun as almost all the games on Saturday will have teams playing for something

ON THE PITCH SATURDAY

Cardiff may not finish 3rd yet, if they lose to Burnley, and Swansea beat Sheff Utd, Swansea would finish 3rd,promoting them if QPR have to go in the playoffs.

Could you imagine if Swansea went up... How much would this annoy DJ! He may erupt into Colin!

It''s harder than that for Cardiff. Even a draw wouldn''t be enough if Swansea won, as Swansea''s goal difference would be better. Cardiff may well have to win at Burnley to grab 3rd, which would possibly become 2nd.

Phew, I''m so glad we took care of business!! It''s gonna be a long week for Q.P.R, Cardiff and Swansea!

Why don''t QPR get a points deduction for next season instead of this? They deserve to go up this season, whilst Cardiff couldn''t get the job done and don''t deserve to go up. Let them fight out it for the play offs.