Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Sounds like we're going up as Champions

A massive volte face from the Mirror Hack paul Smith and ex FA CEO Palios just stated on Radio 4 "That it was always about a points deduction"Smith who wrote the piece  for the Mirror on Sunday has tweeted the following recently:"QPR fans brace yourself for a day of drama at Wembley"Seems QPR tried to get the hearing delayed/thrown out and failed.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Surely we''d be better off with them having a deduction in the Premier League??[/quote]Agreed, what odds the FL give them a points deduction for this year and the FA give them a deduction for next year? [:D]See Taarabts thrown his QPR future into doubt already......

Unless there''s some concealed intention to increase the drama by the FL- rumours about delaying the play-offs, denying them a postponement for the hearing etc etc, it is looking increasingly worrying for QPR. Liverpool are after Tarrabt according to the press this AM, but also report that Warnock is already looking to strengthen for the PL next year [8-)].     

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]Unless there''s some concealed intention to increase the drama by the FL- rumours about delaying the play-offs, denying them a postponement for the hearing etc etc, it is looking increasingly worrying for QPR. Liverpool are after Tarrabt according to the press this AM, but also report that Warnock is already looking to strengthen for the PL next year [8-)].      [/quote]Warnock still has to prepare, because no one knows what will happen.The FA could still bottle it, and only fine QPR, or drop them into the playoffs, which they could win.Said it before, and I''ll say it again, I would be bricking it if I was a QPR fan.

Yep - I''ve just read it on the BBC sport website. Cardiff may love QPR and the FA for evermore......

I am not bothered about this at all. I honestly think the FA will bottle it and QPR will get a fine, thats it.

If they were to be deducted points, it would be much better if they started next season on, say, -10 rather than us going up as Champions this season etc.

I am just pleased we are up and we thoroughly deserve it. OTBC

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Surely we''d be better off with them having a deduction in the Premier League??[/quote]

That''s a good point mate. To be honest, if we are handed the title by default, it just wouldn''t mean as much as winning it on the pitch.

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]Give them a points deduction for next year...go on[;)][/quote]My problem with this is that no-one in the premiership gives a $hit about what QPR have done this season or the last. In the Championship there are possibly 6 teams who are affected directly by their wrong doings. I don''t want QPR to get a points deduction so that we go up as Champions. As far as I''m concerned we''ve achieved what we have and I''m very proud of that. I want them to get a points deduction as they need to be punished for breaking the rules. If they are not punished accordingly then they may as well throw out the rules around third party ownership and allow all clubs to provide false documents whenever they feel like it.I also believe they have to have enough points deducted to take them out of the promotion picture completely. It''s harsh on the fans but in all situations like this, it''s the fans that will always suffer.

I have a feeling it will be a 6 pt deduction making us champions and QPR pipping Cardiff on goal difference, got a felling that the FA dont want cheaters picking up that trophy!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A Warnock interview after points deduction would be a real treat[/quote]Almost as good as a Dave Jones interview after his team have just pi$$ed away their chance of automatic promotion in almost as epic fashion as our relegation from the prem.

I''d also prefer them to get docked points at the start of next season. I''ve heard that they could get docked up to 15. QPR starting next season on a negative number of points boosts our chance of survival. If it did happen to be -15 then I can''t see us finishing rock bottom.

Could a transfer embargo be a possibility? Being unable to make any signings at all going into the Prem would mean almost certain relegation next season. Just putting it out there.

Reporter to Dave Jones : "Can you explained what happened tonight?"

Dave Jones : "No"!

Priceless. I, for one, could only ever see a Cardiff win last night. I am very pleased to admit, I was wrong :)

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]

Reporter to Dave Jones : "Can you explained what happened tonight?"

Dave Jones : "No"!

Priceless. I, for one, could only ever see a Cardiff win last night. I am very pleased to admit, I was wrong :)

[/quote]

Reporter to Dave Jones : "So what is your job now?"

Dave Jones : "What do you mean ''What is my job now?''"

Hahahahahaha.

In the (I believe) unlikely event that QPR are deducted points which results in us becoming Champions, how many fans would gain any satisfaction from being awarded something we didn''t earn?  I can''t understand why any Norwich fan would wish this on QPR.  And think about it, such action could let Cardiff in through the back door and where would you rather travel to next season, London or Wales???  Oh and by the way, if we''re talking about ''dodgy'' dealings, how many people think the Bellamy ''loan'' smells any sweeter?   

I would prefer a points deduction next season.If it has to be this season, then yes make us champions, but keep QPR second. The thought of Cardiff and posiibly Swansea in the "English" Premier League is about as appealing as Rangers or Celtic joining it.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Surely we''d be better off with them having a deduction in the Premier League??[/quote]

That''s a good point mate. To be honest, if we are handed the title by default, it just wouldn''t mean as much as winning it on the pitch.

[/quote]

The Premier League cannot penalise QPR for any breaches of rules committed whilst under the authority of the Football League. In any case, now that we are promoted on merit who the hell cares ?

[quote user="25overpar"]In the (I believe) unlikely event that QPR are deducted points which results in us becoming Champions, how many fans would gain any satisfaction from being awarded something we didn''t earn?  I can''t understand why any Norwich fan would wish this on QPR.  And think about it, such action could let Cardiff in through the back door and where would you rather travel to next season, London or Wales???  Oh and by the way, if we''re talking about ''dodgy'' dealings, how many people think the Bellamy ''loan'' smells any sweeter?   [/quote]

Here here !

[quote user="bullshead"]I would prefer a points deduction next season.

If it has to be this season, then yes make us champions, but keep QPR second.

The thought of Cardiff and posiibly Swansea in the "English" Premier League is about as appealing as Rangers or Celtic joining it.
[/quote]

Just what my father says!

I wouldn''t want to be Champions, just because QPR have been docked points.  We have earned 2nd place and thats fantastic. Like I said above, the FA will bottle it, so no points will be deducted in any case.

25overpar. As someone pointed out to me when i said that. QPR have been cheating this season. So they don''t deserve to be champions. I don''t know how many points this player has won for them, or wether the team would have been better or worse without him. But if QPR are deducted points for cheating, then we do deserve to be champions, as we deserve second place at the moment, but if QPR have had an un-fair advantage, they don''t deserve there place, making us the highest ranked team.

And the Bellamy loan, its all legit, its just annoying that someone on a supposedly 70k or so a week is getting most of that paid by Man.C while bolstering Cardiff''s attack.