Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

10 million who would you buy?

What about Greg Halford at CB? We really need another CB and he is pacey and looked solid yesterday with a pretty crap team around him.

Hasn''t always played at CB, but this season I didn''t think he was too bad...

Its suddenly dawned on me that we will actually have a large (by Norwich standards) transfer kitty to spend for the first time in ages......and I have absolutely no idea how I''d spend it if I was Paul Lambert.

I''ve become so accustomed to buying £400k lower league gems that the thought of spending £5mill on one player seems so hard to comprehend.

[quote user="Downloads"]

What about Greg Halford at CB? We really need another CB and he is pacey and looked solid yesterday with a pretty crap team around him.

Hasn''t always played at CB, but this season I didn''t think he was too bad...

[/quote]

Good idea......he could also be cover for right back.  He has also played in midfield and in an emergency he can play as a striker.

I thought Lambert tried to get him on loan before the loan window closed.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Its suddenly dawned on me that we will actually have a large (by Norwich standards) transfer kitty to spend for the first time in ages......and I have absolutely no idea how I''d spend it if I was Paul Lambert. I''ve become so accustomed to buying £400k lower league gems that the thought of spending £5mill on one player seems so hard to comprehend.[/quote]

I cant see Halford costing anywhere near £5m!

No not Halford, I mean anyone in general. Some of the players being touted on here would cost several million to buy. It just seems unreal that we''re entering a period where we can seriously discuss buying such players.

im glad that somebody mentioned a few people i thought would be good aditions like max gradel,chris eagles,greg halford and how about richie de laet? he looked quite good from what i saw last night? also how about snodgrass assuming leeds dont go up? lita? and i see somebody mentioned 2 of my most hated and overated players (in my eyes) in football. emile heskey and carlton cole id cry if we attempted to get either of these.how about zigic from birmingham also?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]£10m

Henri Lansbury - Permanent
Max Gradel
Jay Rodriguez
Elliot Bennet

although I  can see it being closer to £15
[/quote]

Thats bargain price fo £15 would leave lambert nearly all his original £10m [;)]

I was quite impressed with Middlesbrough yesterday. Their captain I thought played very well. He might be worth a look. In terms of right back, we should stick with Martin and bring someone in who is maybe getting towards the end of their career with a wise head, kind of how Drury is now Tierney''s back-up.

Strikers: Graham, Nugent, Pacheco

Midfield: McGugan, Bennett, Lansbury loan, Middlesbrough''s captain (I think he was called Thomson)

Defence: Chambers, Carr (or someone in that ilk)

Keeper: I''m happy with what we have

Jackson is no slouch and I thought Halford kept up nicely with him. He''s played all over the pitch so knows how to pass, he has that rather irritatingly good long throw and Wolves loaned him out - How would you feel about going back to a club that didn''t want you for a year when you arent''t a youngster.

I don''t reckon he would cost a fortune.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]£10mHenri Lansbury - PermanentMax Gradel Jay Rodriguez Elliot Bennet

although I  can see it being closer to £15 [/quote]

Thats bargain price fo £15 would leave lambert nearly all his original £10m [;)]

[/quote]LOL you know there was a million on the end !!

For me Lansbury would be perfect as he will only improve, I would like combative midfielder and an alternative for Holt so we can mix up the front line a bit.

Most important for me are centre back, someone to go with Barnett once fit again, the pace and power will mean we have to have a more solid centre pair next season.

a new left back too.

Striker would be shane long and I like the mcgugan suggestion, he was excellent.

At the back some experience of premier league goes a long way and is prob where I would spend most money. Perhaps time to exploit the overseas market for this one??