Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

10 million who would you buy?

If you had a £10 million transfer kitty (which is being realistic) which striker, midfielder and defender would you buy?

I''m giving Ruddy the benefit of the doubt.

I''d go 2 - 3 million on Yakubu - proven goal scorer at premier league level and at 28 would still have a few years left in him. Failing the Yak, Shane long.

I''d offer Spurs 5 million for Bentley and if that was too ambitious 3 - 4 million on Chris Eagles - we know Lambert is after a winger like Bennet these two can cut it in the top division.

For defence I''d try and sign Kyle Naughton either on loan or permanently (can''t see him getting in the Spurs first team) - suits our style of play with quick wing backs and has had a cracking season for leicester.

and of course Lansbury and Pacheco on season long loans.

How excited must Lambert feel having a decent amount of cash to spend on quality players! We all know he will make the most of it!!

Good call on Eagles. I think Lambert and McNally have always gone for players on their way up, not down so probably looking at the best players from the Championship.

Graham for £2.5m, McGugan (if Forest stay down) for similar and we need back-up for right back and in goal. Bellamy on loan?

McGugan is too similar to Wes, Lansbury and Pacheco. I think if we''re going to spend money it should be on high quality in the key areas.

The squad has performed remarkably and like others have mentioned I don''t think we should rock the boat too much.

A few key players should do the trick and maybe the odd free bit of experience on a short term deal.

Bellamy definitely not for me the disruption out ways the talent.

I would love to see Eagles sign for us and if we could hold onto Lansbury and Pacheco for next season it would be great.

Very much doubt we''d get Bentley and I''d rather have someone up and coming and more pacey than him. Eagles is a good shout having done well in that league already. Kebe not a bad shout either from someone else

It genuinely says he''s 28! even so at 29 or 30 he''s still got goals in him even with a few pies!

Get him in early, get him in the gym and Lambert could have a guaranteed 10 goal a season man. Something that could keep us up I think it a good reasonable short term option.

Funnily enough Chunky I actually said Bellamy to my mate Yesterday. He isn''t going to get many if any games for Man City again, although he is undoubtadly a brilliant player, not many top clubs will be likely to want him due to the number of injuries he gets, and most of all, he love NCFC! Apart from him, I''d like Dani and Henri on season loans, Shane Long or even Kevin Doyle if Wolves go down, Ched Evans could even be a decent buy for little cash (being a League 1 player). I think PL will go back in for Bennett, but don''t think CMS will be on his radar any more. Michael Mancienne looks a good player at that level aswell. What about some ''experienced'' players aswell though? In the PL, as we unfortunately found out last time, you need a couple of players who have been there and done it in the PL. I can''t think of any names yet though!!

Most of  Sir Lambert of Paul''s signing seem to come from out of the blue really, so I am not expecting us to be singing many (is any) championship star players from the teams there now.Saying that how ever, I would love to see Graham or Long up top along side Holt. (just for when Jackson is tired ;-))McGugan really impressed at carrow road and Sinclair would really add quality and pace to our team. Can''t see us spending enough to get them away from forest and swansea though.

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Funnily enough Chunky I actually said Bellamy to my mate Yesterday. He isn''t going to get many if any games for Man City again, although he is undoubtadly a brilliant player, not many top clubs will be likely to want him due to the number of injuries he gets, and most of all, he love NCFC! Apart from him, I''d like Dani and Henri on season loans, Shane Long or even Kevin Doyle if Wolves go down, Ched Evans could even be a decent buy for little cash (being a League 1 player). I think PL will go back in for Bennett, but don''t think CMS will be on his radar any more. Michael Mancienne looks a good player at that level aswell. What about some ''experienced'' players aswell though? In the PL, as we unfortunately found out last time, you need a couple of players who have been there and done it in the PL. I can''t think of any names yet though!!

[/quote]

I would love to see Bellamy here but I''m not sure he is what we need...he is a real talent, no doubt, always speaks highly of our club and would play with great desire but I''m not sure that his attitude with a sense of arrogance would fit in with our squad.

10 million.

I would take:

- Lansbury on loan again for the season.

- Pacheco on loan again for the season.

- Danny Graham for quoted £2.5 million in paper today

- Scott Sinclair (if Swansea stay down)

- Jimmy Bullard - just to annoy Ipswich.

-----------

I would release/sell:

Stephen Hughes, Matt Gill, Askou, Oli Johnson, Cody McDonald.

What about John Fleck from Rangers? He''s Rob''s nephew so maybe we could get him to have a word...

More seriously Elliott Bennett definitely and Danny Graham hopefully. Not sure about defenders but we need a left sided CB and an RB to give Whitbread and Martin some competition.

Oh and we could probably do with a left winger and another central midfielder.

I would use it as a bonusfor Lambert, payable once he has served another five years with us! My fear is that the "miracle" has not gone unnoticed and bigger clubs than Burnley may come calling...

Elliot Bennett is a good shout. Would love to see Shane Long here, perfect alongside holt.

Thats 7.5m gone as Reading have slapped a reported £5m price tag on Long. The other £2.5m will have to be shared between a DM (Olofinjana - £1m), RB cover, central defender.

Then I would look at 2 or 3 good youngsters on loan. Lansbury would be a decent shout for a season as would Pacheco. Final one should be a defensive player who can maybe play a couple of positions at the back.

Please tell me your joking about Yakubu....

Would love to see us sign Shane long, out of contract in the summer so wouldnt cost a penny!

We need pace and bags of it so Elliot Bennett or Eagles would be great signings,

expect to see Oli johnson Cody Mc, OTJ, Matt Gill, Stephen hughes, wilbraham, Mcnamee, Steven smith and  Askou  all to leave.

OTBC!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]10 million. I would take: - Lansbury on loan again for the season. - Pacheco on loan again for the season. - Danny Graham for quoted £2.5 million in paper today - Scott Sinclair (if Swansea stay down) - Jimmy Bullard - just to annoy Ipswich. ----------- I would release/sell: Stephen Hughes, Matt Gill, Askou, Oli Johnson, Cody McDonald.[/quote]

I''d like to sign Kebe, alot of pace. Defenders don''t like that.

I think Daniel Sturridge would be worth a loan shout (although his arrogance is sickening) depending on his status with Chelsea and Bolton.

Attempt to resign Pacheco & Lansbury.

We need central defenders, i would like to see someone like Martin Taylor - hounded out the premiership after the eduardo incident, probably good enough.

Spurs and arsenal seem to do alright with no defenders!!

I suspect the football budget and hence the transfer kitty will be bigger than £10 million:

1)To compete / understudy with Holt - Vokes

2) Another striker may be with some Prem experience otherwise Shane Long or Graham

3) A winger - Moses if Wigan get relegated?  The Brighton winger?

4) Pacheo on loan

5) Lansbury

6) Left Midfield to give Surnam some competition

7) Centre Back with pace

8) Right Back / Centre Back - Harford?

Will we sign a few players from the German leagues?

Players I think will be gone during the close season ( a few with pay offs):

Askou and Gill - out of contract

Smith (left back) - wants to go back to Scotland

Hughes, Tudor Jones, Willbrahams, McNamee - one season to go and will probably be paid off.

Players to go on loan for a season?

Johnson, Daley, Habergham

Players to go on loan for part of a season?

Steer, Francomb, Smith, Adeyemi, Dawkin, Chris Martin (confidence booster) 

Not Heskey i dont think he will be competeing in the top goalscores at the club if he came i feel a new CB is a priority Wes Morgan (Forest) Ian Evatt (B''pool)Jack Hobbs (Leicster)James thomkins (west ham united)We need a cover right back who will provide competition as wellSam Ricketts (Bolton)A new left back (adam is gettin old unfortunatley)Steven Hammel (Motherwell)MacNamee replacementBennet (Brighton)StrikerDanny Graham (watford)Carlton cole (west ham)Gary Hooper (Celtic)Shane long (reading)Welliton (spartak moscow) (Very unrealistic)

Jelavic from Rangers would be my fisrt buy, Goodwillie from Dundee Utd is gettable for £2m although i''m not sure I like the looks of his personal life. Danny Green, I still think we''ll get. Need a right back for cover (was there another one at the Daggers that we''ve been linked with?) Throw in maybe one or two more and we''re almost there.

To pick up on the Yakubu point, I only hope you were joking, past it, he''ll be lucky to gtet 10 goals in the Champ next year let alone the Premier League. Oh and I''d take Bellers back in a shot, apparently at Cardiff this year his had a more of an elder statesmen type effect around the trianing ground. Would love to see him back.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]

Jelavic from Rangers would be my fisrt buy, Goodwillie from Dundee Utd is gettable for £2m although i''m not sure I like the looks of his personal life. Danny Green, I still think we''ll get. Need a right back for cover (was there another one at the Daggers that we''ve been linked with?) Throw in maybe one or two more and we''re almost there.

To pick up on the Yakubu point, I only hope you were joking, past it, he''ll be lucky to gtet 10 goals in the Champ next year let alone the Premier League. Oh and I''d take Bellers back in a shot, apparently at Cardiff this year his had a more of an elder statesmen type effect around the trianing ground. Would love to see him back.

[/quote]But would you have his name on the back of your shirt?  [:P]

£10mHenri Lansbury - PermanentMax Gradel Jay Rodriguez Elliot Bennet

although I  can see it being closer to £15

I wouldn''t like loads of changes! just add a bit of quality and back up in case of injures etc!

Kebe, Long, Eagles, Bennett, Graham Lansbury and Dani boy are young hungry fast players i wouldn''t mind any of them! but would love to see martin and cody given a chance!

But we are going to need another crofts,fox someone to break up play and put a foot in! Darren Gibson of Man U is a great shout young always impressed when seen man u, he reminds

of a fletcher!

will need a rb for cover for cafu, and 1 more cb for cover to barny,ward, and keith lemon! think lb is covered if not keep lappin around!!

A back up keeper, ruddy deserves his chance and get the 2 young keepers out on loan.