Sign in to follow this  
JonnytheCanary

Match-ball from the 7-1 defeat

I went to that 1-7 defeat by Colchester on that miserable occasion at the beginning of the league 1 campaign and at the end Grant Holt kicked the ball into the Jarold Stand and it landed at the feet of my friend, so he took it under his shirt and left with it and he still has it to this day. It is the actual match ball from that game with all the official logos, printing and mud scuffs on it, but does anyone reckon it is worth anything?Cheers. [:)]

Not financially, but that''s a hell of a good piece of memorabilia to own. The the gears were fully set in motion on that fateful day......

(Plus, I''d probably keep an old Coke Can if I knew it had been touched by the foot of Holt!) [:P] 

Well i suppose its worth something, to someone. you just have to find that someone! If Lambert is our gaffer for 5/6/7 years to come then it will be worth something.

Years ago I ended up with Bryan Gunns gloves when we beat Boro at their old ground, not sure how I got them, anyhow that''s by the by, I was offered loads for them, but being the person I am I decided to auction them off for East Anglian Childrens Hospice, raised £230.

Might not have made me anything, but I had the good memories, and the knowledge that I was helping a charity.

Are there any logos or writing on the ball to prove it was from that game, or does it just look like any other Norwich ball? Not saying you are fibbing, but if it''s got the proof on the ball it could be worth a decent amount in time.

Yeah it is the proper thing, it is the special material that they use with the ''''OFFICIAL MATCHBALL OF THE COCA-COLA FOOTBALL LEAGUE'''' written on the front. We were just surprised the stewards didn''t come looking for it when the match finished [:S]

[quote user="JonnytheCanary"]Yeah it is the proper thing, it is the special material that they use with the ''''OFFICIAL MATCHBALL OF THE COCA-COLA FOOTBALL LEAGUE'''' written on the front. We were just surprised the stewards didn''t come looking for it when the match finished [:S][/quote]Jonny, I''d be open to talking to you about buying the ball, if ever you chose to sell it. You can PM me if you''d like to talk more.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Not financially, but that''s a hell of a good piece of memorabilia to own. The the gears were fully set in motion on that fateful day......

(Plus, I''d probably keep an old Coke Can if I knew it had been touched by the foot of Holt!)

[:P] 
[/quote]

Sooo tempting, but I''d probably regret it......

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Not financially, but that''s a hell of a good piece of memorabilia to own. The the gears were fully set in motion on that fateful day......

(Plus, I''d probably keep an old Coke Can if I knew it had been touched by the foot of Holt!)

[:P] 
[/quote]

Sooo tempting, but I''d probably regret it......

[/quote]

I know his nickname is Horse but a foot??????? come off it Kathy the answer to that one is surely in your dreams.