Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

How will the club handle Cody Mac.

I can''t see him playing any further part for us, im gutted as I really liked him as a player, always gave 100% and obviously knew where the goal was. He is enjoying his time at Gillingham and has said that he would love to stay there and that Gillingham would love to keep him. Now we have £40m from just going up will we let Gillingham have him with goal scores and games played clauses or will we hold out for the highest bid from a team on him? What could we expect to get for him realistically 500k tops for a proven league 2 goalscorer?

I hope he gets to stay at the Gills with clauses rather than us just wanting the money and forgetting about the what the player would like.

I still think hes scored far to many goals this season to simply be waved goodbye to.If anything we struggled for a goal scorer at times this season.Cody can not be on real wage as he came from Dartford so give him some time in the reserves and monitor him closely.I just think it would be foolish to let go someone with that goal scoring potential.

I agree with Ben, he obviously enjoys playing at that level and I still feel he isn''t ready to step up.

If we do indeed owe Gillingham that money (presumably for a clause in Jackson''s contract) yes let''s just give them Cody.

he''ll leave, scoring 20 odd goals in league two is great but to jump to the prem....too much too soon. I''m sorry nexus but just don''t see him as a premier league player but if anyones gonna get it out of him its lambert. Also we have scored the most goals in the league!!!

Love the way people are talking about £400k as if it was peanuts. What if Gillingham would rather have the money instead?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Love the way people are talking about £400k as if it was peanuts. What if Gillingham would rather have the money instead?[/quote]

But in a way, we have just raked in £40 just from TV so 400k is very little in that way!

Does his contract expire end of next season?

Cinsider offering him a new longer term deal, but loan him to Gills for another season long loan.... just in case (dare i even put it) our premier league visit is sadly as shortlived as last time.....

"Love the way people are talking about £400k as if it was peanuts. What if Gillingham would rather have the money instead?"

======================

Gillingham want Cody, Cody wants Gillingham. They''ll take him in a flash and he''ll accept them.

i totally agree with banana, you cant just play about with 400k like its chocolate money, highest bidder gets him, thats business, and we are in business aren''t we..

[quote user="Bruce Eats Walkers"]Half season loan to a championship club, if he''s got 10-15 by Christmas he''s worth £2m+[/quote]

And if he doesn''t get them goals its 1/2 a season wasted....?

Keep him, but send him out on loan to a championship team and see how he does. If we go down he may be useful, if he does well we might decide he deserves a crack at the premier league or we increase his value for selling.The thing that people forget about Cody is that he has still been a professional footballer for a very short amount of time, he may be older than others (24), but I would almost treat him as if he were 19/20. The question is if he were that young would anybody be talking of selling him? He has a lot of potential. Also the ''he has only done well in league 2 argument'' is ridiculous, which league was Grant Holt playing in at the age of 28? 

Personally I would rather get rid of Chris Martin and keep Cody McDonald now.  I see much, much more potential in McDonald and he is a goalscorer and goal scorers score goals no matter what league they are in, whether it be 5 goals in the Premiership or 35 in League 2 he will still score goals wherever he is and I can''t see that in Chris Martin.  I say keep him, develop him and hope he becomes an absolute gem from non-league.  We would probably get a reasonable bit of money for Martin too.