Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

WHY NO CLINT EASTON

I CANNOT SEE FOR THE LIFE OF ME WHY NORWICH PERSIST IN PLAYING TWO HOLDING MIDFIELDERS IN FRANCIS AND HOLT. WHY THE HELL ARE WE NOT PLAYING A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER. SURELY THAT MAN IS CLINT EASTON HE IS FAR BETTER THEN MULRYNE AND FRANCIS WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Please please tell me this thread is one big joke?? Cos if it isn''t whoever posted it is! Francis and Holt have formed a fantastic partnership in the centre of midfielder. They are both strong physical players who battle. They can run with the ball, pass well and have a decent shot on them. As for Easton?? He has absolutely none of these qualities. He shouldn''t be at the club, let alone in the starting line up

I don''t agree. There is no set formula where you HAVE to have one creative midfielder, or you HAVE to have one target man. Brazil have never done this, and yet have won the world cup five times.

I also don''t agree, because Easton isn''t as good as Mulryne or Francis. However, I don''t think he''s as bad as everyone makes out and would be happy to see him in the team due to injuries or resting players.

Forgive me, as this is my first post on this site. I realise everyone is entitled to their opinion, and believe me I do respect that, but have you actually seen Easton play ?

Because he''s about as creative as a small pebble?

Francis has been playing well...I like the way he isn''t afraid to attack. As Worthy said on Canaries World interview with the first Cov goal there were 3 midfielders in the box. It''s working well why change it?

no clint easton what about mark rivers then forget about him why not.well 1 thing is that clint easton we dont need him no more why isnt he playing if he is that good what everyone makes out so hello get him back on the pitch

I am not a doubter for Clint and Mark but something is the truth, with both on the midfield we were just an average team, without them and with Huckerby and McVeigh on the wing, we were changed to another team which was dominated the football league!

Both players were good players and you can see their discipline, not shouting for transfer and settle for the reserves, good luck to both guys and I believe at some time, they can get their chance to prove in the Canaries First team!!!

next time someone cynically badmouths rivers or easton i will personally remove their eyeballs with a fishhook. theyre not in the team at the moment and so cant stick up for themselves by putting in a good performance. negative criticisms for the sake of it will get norwich nowhere.
why not just slag off marshall or kenton or muscat or joe royle or warnock or moore or bryan hamilton or someone? theres too many to choose from. we dont need to start slagging our own do we?

Carl, I know that messers Easton and Rivers can''t defend themselves at the moment but they have had years at this football club to put in good performances and they haven''t. At the end of the day Worthy watches these guys everyday in training and if he thought they would play well in the team he would put them in. These guys must be on a fair wage at this club and are just wasting resources which could be used elsewhere

Actually fatman, Graham Paddon looked in pretty good shape on the pitch on Saturday, I think I would prefer him to Llewellyn. I never saw Chris L tackle anyone, but he was great at running alongside the man with the ball for long distances or taking them out at thigh height and being booked or sent off!

should we sell any players who dont get into the team then, dumbledelia? were going to need a big squad to survive next year if we get to the premiership. we''ll need to be versatile and worthington will have to switch things about and experiment, unlike this season where it is more important to just sit back and let things settle.

I honestly think I would rather have Roy Waller start on our left next season than Easton Carl! Of course we need a big squad in the Premiership. But what is the point in having a player like Easton in the Premiership when he can''t cut it in the Nationwide? He will bring absolutley nothing to our game- Nothing at all. How many times do you realistically think he will make the bench in the Premiership? Even if we got an injury now he would be 2/3rd choice down the list to make the bench. We would be far far better getting rid of him and spending his wages on a player who WILL be of use to us next year. I see absolutely no point in keeping a player who won''t play, and if he did would be no use to us anyway!

Carl Cort, we will need a bigger squad, but I''d sooner have quality rather than quantity. If we were able to dispose of Rivers and Easton in the summer, it''d free up money to bring a player of far superior ability. Look at Leicester - brought in hundreds of new faces when they got promoted but they''re still favourites to go down. Why? Because the players they have aren''t up to scratch. Then compare that with Birmingham, who made a handful of prudent signings - bringing in players that were a vast improvement on their current squad. I know which direction I''d rather follow.