Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Fantastic post from TWTD

A city fan has posted a thread on the binners site that sums up exactly how I felt and am now feeling. If you''re reading it, well done!

"

First post and that.

I''d like to tell you a little story.

A little over two years ago I was sat on a train at Ipswich station. I had just seen my team - Norwich City - effectively get relegated at your ground.

The train was being held up for some reason. I sat staring gloomily out of the window wondering what the future held for us.

One-by-one supporters of your market town team walked past our train using various hand gestures and sweary words to explain that we would never be playing you again.

We had no money and Bryan Gunn was our manager. You were "loaded", and within a few weeks would have appointed "a born winner" in Roy Keane. Add to that the masterful touch of Olympian Simon Clegg, who gloated that "a small team to the north had been relegated", and we looked destined to be left behind.

It got worse. 1-7 at home to Colchester.

Oh but then my hillbilly friends, but then...the phoenix rose.

We ruined League One. Despite being a league below you and having a fraction of your transfer budget we got bigger crowds than you. If anyone ever tries to say you are a "bigger" club than us we merely need to point to this fact. If the roles were reversed you know in your hearts it would not be the same.

And this year? 4-1 and 5-1 and a team that runs through brick walls. A team of heroes.

So to every little ***** that walked past the train that day at Ipswich I want to say this: ahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! get in there!! you ****** beauty!! hahaha! yes! **** you all.

As for Mr Clegg. Just keep up the good work fella. Mustard. Next time you try to have a pop at us I suggest you think twice.

See you in the League Cup maybe, if you get through enough early rounds to be able to face us big boys. If not how about bringing back the Hospital Cup?

Oh this is sooooooooooooooooooooo sweat! haha.

if you take it, like I did that day, you''ve got the right to give it back when fortunes turn. They will turn again of course, maybe for even better, maybe for worse, but for now...

OTBC. "

The whole thread can be viewed here:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/mb.php?m=v&t=121710#121710

Actually a non bias point of view but thier retorts are terrible !Whats all the rave about Earnmore ??!And Holt an "aging cart horse"... someone might want to point out that he has scored almost as many games on his own as thier entire club has on the road this year.... 20 - 27.

Excellent, the more i read it the better it gets, Just think passing 1p5wich on the train next season heading for Arsenal / Spurs / Chelsea, Fulham & beyond, with sell out away support,maybe even stopping there? so all city fans can go to the toilet. ha ha

A city fan has posted a thread on the binners site that sums up exactly how I felt and am now feeling. If you''re reading it, well done!

" First post and that. I''d like to tell you a little story. A little over two years ago I was sat on a train at Ipswich station. I had just seen my team - Norwich City - effectively get relegated at your ground. The train was being held up for some reason. I sat staring gloomily out of the window wondering what the future held for us. One-by-one supporters of your market town team walked past our train using various hand gestures and sweary words to explain that we would never be playing you again. We had no money and Bryan Gunn was our manager. You were "loaded", and within a few weeks would have appointed "a born winner" in Roy Keane. Add to that the masterful touch of Olympian Simon Clegg, who gloated that "a small team to the north had been relegated", and we looked destined to be left behind. It got worse. 1-7 at home to Colchester. Oh but then my hillbilly friends, but then...the phoenix rose. We ruined League One. Despite being a league below you and having a fraction of your transfer budget we got bigger crowds than you. If anyone ever tries to say you are a "bigger" club than us we merely need to point to this fact. If the roles were reversed you know in your hearts it would not be the same. And this year? 4-1 and 5-1 and a team that runs through brick walls. A team of heroes. So to every little ***** that walked past the train that day at Ipswich I want to say this: ahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! get in there!! you ****** beauty!! hahaha! yes! **** you all. As for Mr Clegg. Just keep up the good work fella. Mustard. Next time you try to have a pop at us I suggest you think twice. See you in the League Cup maybe, if you get through enough early rounds to be able to face us big boys. If not how about bringing back the Hospital Cup? Oh this is sooooooooooooooooooooo sweat! haha. if you take it, like I did that day, you''ve got the right to give it back when fortunes turn. They will turn again of course, maybe for even better, maybe for worse, but for now... OTBC. " The whole thread can be viewed here: http://www.twtd.co.uk/mb.php?m=v&t=121710#121710

That was a marvellous post by a City fan.

Have you noticed how DISLOYAL those Binners are? Theres at least 10,000+ of ''em.

Where''s Disarmy aka Bluearse aka Ipswich ambulance aka the village idiot aka Polish mach blue?

We STUFFED the Binners!

I do like the bleats of "you''ll never be us".

Which taken logically are true, in the sense I cannot see us defrauding local businesses and traders, dodging the taxman by going into administration and asking the St Johns Ambulance to carry on working at the ground in full knowledge that they wouldn''t be paid.

Will we ever see our gates drop to around 15000, our season ticket sales to below 12,000 and our debts to well in excess of £50m. I think not ? Twenty or so players out of contract, the ''stars'' leaving because they can get better money elsewhere and the embarrassment of not even being able to pay the rent to the local council. (perhaps if they took their accounts to the council they could qualify for housing ''binifit'').

No, sadly we will never be them. The hordes of chavs hanging round the ground at the station at the local derby, the hordes of uncle Albert''s clogging up the bin forums ebdlessly going on about ''during the seventies'' and the thousands upon thousands of empty blue seats sat forlorn at poorman road. A silent tribute to the incompetence of a club that we will never be.

So farewell ipswich town, a grubby little club set in a grubbier little town. We will never be you.

Do you know what? I think this thread sums up perfectly how City fans are feeling about the last 2 years . The Hurt and embarrassment we felt when our beloved club reached a new (and painful ) low. The abuse from the followers of the ( Bigger ?)  club down the A140 and the idea of trips to clubs we had hardly heard of. the 1.7 against Colchester and then poaching their Manager, which 9 I thought) seemed a desperate move ( How wrong was I ?) And then ( OMG !) we stormed the league in 9 months and then this season we beat the sc*m 9.2 on aggregate and flew upwards to the promised land . Ah I think the Suffolk grapes well be sour for a long while !!   O.T.B.C. 

The great thing is that they don''t have anything to counter the post.

All they can come up with is "Lambert will leave", "Holt won''t score in the Premiership", "we''ll get relegated next season" etc.

Or it''s we''ve won more than you, we won the FA Cup blah blah blah.

Just loads of wild speculation, outrageous forecasts & a complete history of ITFC - not a hint of a constructive arguement to be seen.

None of them seem to be capable of grasping the fact that the post is about NOW (May 2011) and that''s all that matters.

Their only answer is to talk about what may or may not happen in the future & what has happened in the past.

I think this is the best post I''ve ev er read on here. I love it like what''s been said the highs and the lows what a remarkable turn around. I especially like the players running through brick walls- sums it up perfectly

''City 1st, what a brilliant post'',

''"housing binifit" - that''s made my day.

:)

why thank you, kind sirs

It should also be borne in mind, when the rustics down the A140 start waving their pitchforks around and bleat about their ''glorious history'' that since we won the League Cup (something they were exited about a few months back) in 1985 we have won three league titles to their one. And a possible other one by default.

Yep, they won the Eufa cup four years before in 1981 but had English clubs not been banned from Europe we would have played in europe twice in the late 80''s, so who knows. Around that time we also managed a couple of FA Cup semi finals (when it was taken seriously) and were top of the Premier League for most of it''s first season.

But other than great memories for those who were there that will count for nothing come the second week in August. We''ve got a hell of a season to look forward to with some of the world top players being seen at Carrow Road. No tin plated replicas or fading press cuttings will match or compensate for missing that. Top players at Carrow Road, tumbleweed at poorman road

''You''ll never be us'' ............ and thank god for that, seeing what the future holds for both clubs.