Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

No point in lying[;)], I''m desparate to win the PUPS league! I don''t stand much realistic chance of doing so, but just in case, to give myself any hope (however slim the probability of winning) I need to nap something that none of the other top pickers have napped.  In fact no one has napped this[:S], which has me quite worried and very shocked [:O]as it appears to be on paper a very strong home banker!

My nap is -

Copenhagen vs. SonderjyskE - home win

Please God in light of no one else having napped this apparent home banker, someone tell me if I have made a massive faux pas in time so I can change my nap[A]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you for these Shack. Now I know I always think the six look like certs but  these look well balanced and I really like them. I can smell another win!

I''ll get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

Enjoy the rest of the reception Shack. I have a night off so am going to settle down and watch Cassablanca[~]

Here''s looking at you Purple [Y]

[/quote]

Does that make me Ingrid Bergman,[*] nutty?![;)] In that case I guess we''ll always have Carrow Road[ip] and its so-romantic[*][D][^] tangible fixed assets. But as it happens I''ve always thought I was most suited to the role of Senor Ferrari...

"I don''t buy or sell human beings."

"Too bad. That''s football''s leading commodity."

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

No point in lying[;)], I''m desparate to win the PUPS league! I don''t stand much realistic chance of doing so, but just in case, to give myself any hope (however slim the probability of winning) I need to nap something that none of the other top pickers have napped.  In fact no one has napped this[:S], which has me quite worried and very shocked [:O]as it appears to be on paper a very strong home banker!

My nap is -

Please God in light of no one else having napped this apparent home banker, someone tell me if I have made a massive faux pas in time so I can change my nap[A]

[/quote]

Of course you''ve factored in that Copenhagen are so far ahead they don''t need the points and that Sonderwhatsit have gained points in more than half their away games, so I don''t see you have anything to worry about...[;)][:D][;)]

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Shack Attack and Billy Dixon we have...

4/5       Accrington Stanley      3:00 Sat

4/11     Kidderminster Harriers           3:00 Sat

8/15     Liverpool         12:00 Sun

1/10     FC Twente       1:30 Sun

1/4       AC Milan         2:00 Sun

1/18     Levski Sofia     7:00 Sun

Which will win for the Academy £44.70p. I ran the same bet through Boyle Sports on line and the return would only be £34.52. Which, as usual, shows the huge edge you can get by betting with Billy. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us. So if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted.

So now it’s "game on". Once again the games are split evenly over the weekend with three today and three tomorrow. They look nailed on to me. I think only the cruellest misfortune can stop Shack recording another win for the academy.

Good luck everyone.....[:)].....

[/quote]

I gave you all duff information there! The Kiddie game kicked off at 5:15 and the livescore can be found here. They are presently losing 1-0 so we need the "power of the pups" to help turn it round. Ignore what I said earlier, there are only 2 games today and Accrington have already won for us.

Well they got back to 2-2 but ran out of time. Unlucky Shack. What''s the betting the other four all win just like they did for Tilly last week.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

My nap is -

[/quote]

Of course you''ve factored in that Copenhagen are so far ahead they don''t need the points and that Sonderwhatsit have gained points in more than half their away games, so I don''t see you have anything to worry about...[;)][:D][;)]

[/quote]

Ah C0CK!  Should have tinkered with Sofia Loren instead[;)]

Well they got back to 2-2 but ran out of time. Unlucky Shack. What''s the betting the other four all win just like they did for Tilly last week.

[/quote]

Equaliser by a certain Keith Briggs,remember him?

Anyway unlucky Shack,[:(]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I certainly do Herman[Y]

NN, i failed to notice that the game i chose was played on Friday night.... Does it still count? I will try to avoid mistakes like that in the future. (they won 7-0 by the way :P)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I certainly do Herman[Y]

[/quote]

Has an older brother - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5u8b1L9LA [Y][:D]

Oh dear ''slim,that brings back dim memories[:S][:D]

Look at some of the other vids on that page,Jossys Giants anyone[Y]

Wish i''d stuck a tenner on both Real Madrid and Barca losing, that dont happen very often...

Surely a few picks down the pan this week with both those getting beaten...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I certainly do Herman[Y]

[/quote]

Has an older brother - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5u8b1L9LA [Y][:D]

[/quote]

Perhaps this guy was their dad....

Maxwell Francis Briggs 160 appearances for the Canaries scoring 1 goal. Born in Bramerton he''d probably get a place in the top 12 Norfolk boys to have played because 58 of those games were in the top tier. He was working for an insurance company when Ron Ashman signed him for Norwich. But it was Ron Saunders who converted him into a midfielder and he became a regular in the team that won the Championship and in the side that played in top tier for the first time.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]NN, i failed to notice that the game i chose was played on Friday night.... Does it still count? I will try to avoid mistakes like that in the future. (they won 7-0 by the way :P)[/quote]

It''s fine mate. You picked it without realising and it was obviously a real good pick!

If we had a trophy for most improved PUP of the season it would have your name on it[Y]

I was explaining to my stepson how the free bet works.  After about 10 minutes of explaining and responding to his questions, he asked probably one of the best questions that have ever been asked in all the history of the greatest minds that have ever graced this planet - "If you can nap wins, and nap draws, can you nap defeats?"

The lads a genius[;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]NN, i failed to notice that the game i chose was played on Friday night.... Does it still count? I will try to avoid mistakes like that in the future. (they won 7-0 by the way :P)[/quote]

It''s fine mate. You picked it without realising and it was obviously a real good pick!

If we had a trophy for most improved PUP of the season it would have your name on it[Y]

[/quote]

7-0 is a bit cr@p GP.  One of my naps this season won 15-0, must be a world record or something[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I was explaining to my stepson how the free bet works.  After about 10 minutes of explaining and responding to his questions, he asked probably one of the best questions that have ever been asked in all the history of the greatest minds that have ever graced this planet - "If you can nap wins, and nap draws, can you nap defeats?"

The lads a genius[;)]

[/quote]

I remember a young Duncan looking at the League Tables in the Sunday Paper and asking if clubs relegated from the old Fourth Division went down into the Scottish Premier!

No one seemed to pick it up yet. All 4 other games were wins. So only one goal away from a win this week :( so close.

Unlucky this week Shack, but I reckon you, Nutty, and Arrdee will forgo one week of winning for what we witnessed tonight.

We can''t win every week but we do win quite often every season.

I doubt we''ll ever see two seasons like we have just witnessed ever again.

But we''ll win the free bet again and again[Y]

I gave a thought to my great friend Arrdee at Portsmouth tonight. I always do because when he was ill he always said "give them a cheer for me". I reckon he''s looking down on his beloved PUPs and smiling tonight[:)]

I''ll be back with the stats tomorrow......

maybe[;)]

We all became winners last night Eddie.[:D]

Greetings all you Premier League PUPs![Y][<:o)]

Thanks again Shack. You were so close. Kiddy just didn’t have time to find a winner. But your other games finished 3-1, 3-0, 4-0, 1-0 & 5-0! So that’s another near miss to add to the incredible total we have had this season.

I finally got round to doing the stats after such a brilliant 24 hours. 55 of us picked this weekend with 47 correct, making a success rate of 85%. Between us we gave Shack 26 different selections with 20 winning making a success rate of  76%. Shack got five from his six which is 83% so he did as well as we did as a group. It was certainly a premier league performance from you all this week!

Next week, the last week, it will be our great friend Muddy being the first Premier League PUP to be in charge and make the final selections.

Congratulations all you PUPs on our beloved club’s promotion. I think we should have a promotion party at our end of season get-together. We need to set that date and I can do either Friday 20th or Saturday 21st of May. After that it will be bank holiday weekend and then in June I will be off on holiday. I''ll post this again on tomorrow''s thread where you can give me your preferences and as always we''ll go with the majority.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. Beaus, Inchy and Trent all selected another win so the Championship will not be decided until the last weekend of our PUPs season.The make up of the Fab40 will also not be decided until the last weekend. As you can see it’s very close around the dotted line. A lot of PUPs  still have everything to play for to secure a place in next season’s Fab40!

Beauseant    [*]      32-36     89

Inch High             34-39     87

Trent Canary      34-39     87

Cosmic Twin       33-39     85

Mr. Bump            33-39     85

Norfolkbroadslim             33-39     85

Herman                28-33     85

Canary Cherub  32-39     82

Ginger Pele        32-39     82

Newyorkcanary                32-39     82

Norfolkchance1                32-39     82

Sports Desk - Pete           30-38     79

Scooby 26-33     79

PurpleCanary     22-28     79

Davo      30-39     77

Graham Humphrey         30-39     77

Jed Exodus         29-38     76

Muddy funster 29-38     76

Excited Canary  25-33     76

Til 1010 29-39     74

Charlie Farlie      27-37     73

SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox           22-30     73

Jimbo Jetset       19-26     73

Diesel Doris        28-39     72

Statto    28-39     72

Fonejacker         26-36     72

Chelle   27-38     71

Sparkos                27-38     71

Pboro_Canary   24-34     71

City-Til-I-Die       26-37     70

NCFCStar             27-39     69

Lappinitup           24-35     69

Big Slob                20-29     69

Dogger 20-29     69

Delia''s Devonshire..        18-26     69

Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat               18-26     69

The Butler           18-26     69

Hughesy              26-38     68

Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps         23-34     68

Obiwancanary   19-28     68

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

methcanary        24-36     67

Shack Attack      16-24     67

GMF      24-37     65

Tony Da''Wonderful         24-37     65

Fellas     23-36     64

1st Wazzock       24-38     63

Yankee Canary  24-38     63

Hissing Sid           24-39     62

nutty nigel          24-39     62

Duncan Edwards              18-29     62

Cityangel             23-38     61

Mister Chops     21-35     60

Leedscanary       21-36     58

Blahblahblah      19-34     56

WITS      18-33     55

Mandie Moo      20-38     53

Kathy    16-31     52                          

nutty, aware for a few days, so can I leave you with a provisional choice for the last week? In Romania, Timisoara to beat Unirea Urziceni on Monday night. Thanks. If I get a chance to be near a computer later in the week I''ll try to confirm, or not...

Timisoara with a 9-6-0 home record and Unirea with a 0-3-12 away record.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]