Sign in to follow this  
KidCanary

Creativity

One thing that strikes me in this whole debate of us scoring goals is where the supply is going to come from?

Francis - Box to box player, is going to be setting them up

Huckerby - Bit dissapointed with his lack of crossing, becoming a bit predictable of late, runs at defenders, cut inside, shoot, this is more suited for a central position. 

Helveg - Can string a pass together, but injured.

Safri - I think this player is the anwser to our problems, will sit and defend and has a good passing range but needs a run of games and again is injured.

Jonsson - shows promise, but is suffering still imo from lack of a pre-season, needs to get forward a bit more and improve on his final deliver.  Shows promise but I feel one for next season.

Mulryne - dont get be started, a liability and would offload him at the first opportunity.

Brennan - Not seen anything but defensive play from this guy.

Holt - Box to box defender, is not going to be your creative flair.

Our two loan signings really need to be attacking midfielders and one that can preferable string a decent pass together, until then I dont think you can expect much from ANYONE that plays up front.

This is an excellent point kidcanary.  In the last year if Hucks has been having a bad game, there has been no creativity at all.  Bents offered it for a while and hopefully Jonson will more but it is a big problem.  We need someone in the midfield who can create chances for our strikers.  Otherwise there was no point in buying Ashton.  As much as he can create goals in the 1st div, he needs support. 

[quote]This is where we need experience - I reckon we should go for Berkovic.[/quote]

Berkovic would be a great buy.  Unfortunately I doubt pompey would sell.  Quashie''s going down the road today (brave man!) and Faye wants out.  I doubt they''d let Eyal go as well