Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Pre season friendlies

I know a lot of things have been left in the air until we know what league we''ll be playing in next season, but shouldn''t we have at least a couple of pre season fixtures confirmed by now?

I heard whispers we were going to Colchester United for Kem Izzet''s testimonial game but I''ve just seen on SSN that Ipswich are playing there on the 26th July, perhaps we''ve turned them down? Could just be an additional fixture but for some reason I find it odd that they''d play both us and the scum in the same pre season.

[quote user="official_mushy"]I''ve just seen on SSN that Ipswich are playing there on the 26th July, perhaps we''ve turned them down? Could just be an additional fixture but for some reason I find it odd that they''d play both us and the scum in the same pre season.[/quote]We''re probably the only two non "big name" clubs that Col Who could get punters through the turnstiles for, and that will bring a few away fans.

I''m hoping for a pre-season tour of Germany as my better half fancies going there during the Summer for a holiday.

I''d love to watch City play Borussia in a pre-season game, which I think could be possible due to Lambert''s links to Dortmund.

Didn''t the team go to Germany last year for a closed training camp? Would love it if we went back for a proper tour though, would be brilliant.

Im not sure what sort of schedule a promoted prem team takes on for pre season. Im guessing start with the usual local non league teams. Maybe a few away games at Col Who, Southend someone like that and maybe a championship side and maybe a european top flight team at home?