Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

No more football league show!

Someone get Lawrenson the sack and i''ll be a very happy man! He makes the exciting depressing and the amazing mundane - how did he ever get the job?!!

Thank god! Highlights longer than 30 seconds, earlier on in the evening but most importantly no more of that bollocks txting in feature! I dont care about txts just play some highlights!!!!!!

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]I''ll still watch it. It has an uncomplicated charm. Not a big fan of match of the day - but will try and get used to it :o)[/quote]Just what I''d have said. I like watching all the leagues too. You get some cracking goals in league 1 and 2.

[quote user="birchfest"]Thank god! Highlights longer than 30 seconds, earlier on in the evening but most importantly no more of that bollocks txting in feature! I dont care about txts just play some highlights!!!!!!
[/quote]

Really? Ask Fulhan fans or WBA fans how long they get on MOTD, only about 30 seconds. Also no more being the main game on the program and no more free highlights on the BBC website. I have a feeling our first year in the Premiership will see us getting less TV coverage than this season in the Championship.  (Although it is all of course totally worth it).

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Thank god! Highlights longer than 30 seconds, earlier on in the evening but most importantly no more of that bollocks txting in feature! I dont care about txts just play some highlights!!!!!!
[/quote]

Really? Ask Fulhan fans or WBA fans how long they get on MOTD, only about 30 seconds. Also no more being the main game on the program and no more free highlights on the BBC website. I have a feeling our first year in the Premiership will see us getting less TV coverage than this season in the Championship.  (Although it is all of course totally worth it).

[/quote]

We''ll definitely get much longer on MOTD as it covers much fewer games than the FLS. For example, I''ve seen Blackpool featured a lot and would expect similar treatment for us. Remember also that most games in the Prem can be seen live on the internet, which is a huge bonus for us exiles. 

What it means for every fan (especially overseas fans) is that EVERY game now become watchable via a stream.

I''ll be able to watch 8-10 games live here in South Korea.

Match of the Day tend to put the "story" games on first. So if we beat Man Utd or Arsenal, we''ll be on first or second on the show. Also there are weekends where there are 3 or 4 games on a Sunday. If we''re not one of those games, then we should get some decent airtime on a Saturday.

I will miss being able to watch highlights whenever I want though. But as some of you have already said I cannot wait for the opportunity to stream the majority of games, hopefully giving me a chance to see most of the away games we play.

I''d completely forgot we''ll now have Lawro talking again about Norwich. Who can forget his throw away comment ''ooooh, they probably got relegated'' when they were looking at the teams who have been top at Christmas.

I''d be happy if him and Garth Crooks were given the boot. Both miserable little know it alls with absolutely no charm or likeability.