Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Well, was it deliberate or not?

Not seen this posted, but an interesting incident from the Cardiff/Boro game (video posted half way down the link). I honestly can''t for the life of me see how McNaughton reckons he couldn''t see Sian, and that it was an accident. Rumour has it that it was a dressing room bet, but nevertheless, any gentleman would apologise in a situation like this - accident or not. Looks very questionable to me...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3561003/Sex-row-ref-Sian-floored-at-match.html

I''m not sure either way, but like you say deliberate or not I thought he would of at least looked round to see if she was ok - if it was one of our players I would be ashamed of them

saw it and at the time i thought it looked shifty, even if it was an accident it he should of apologised should get a slap if you ask me.

Just watched that clip again a couple of times and it looks deliberate now I`ve seen it again

Looks very deliberate to me, he should be ashamed of himself. And yes, Alysha, I agree, though slightly biased, I just couldn''t see someone from our club behaving in such an underhand manner thankfully. Absolute plank...

To be fair he could well be following the path of the ball. But it does sound like something that could be part of ''dressing room banter''. However this is The Sun we''re talking about, not one to report the news, they report gossip.

[quote user="Gorn2Hell"]Looks deliberate, he kinds of turns his body towards her.[/quote]

That''s the key thing for me, IpswichCrazy. He claims he was unsighted, but that''s nonsense, he had a very good view of her as runs across the pitch so why did he turn to run into her and not carry on in a straight path?. The blokes a t055er...

He doesn''t mean to go into her. If you watch, the boro player gets a touch and it stays on and he tries to move to go after it and runs straight into her.

He knew exactly what he was doing. I thought that yesterday and haven''t changed my mind after seeing it replayed again today.

From what I''ve read on the Cardiff forums, they''re quite annoyed and embarassed about it.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]He doesn''t mean to go into her. If you watch, the boro player gets a touch and it stays on and he tries to move to go after it and runs straight into her.[/quote]What a load of old squit. He changes direction and drops his left shoulder to collide with her. If he had continued on his initial line of trajectory, he would have missed her.Now, don''t get all "just because she''s a woman" on me, it''d be just as bad if it had have been a bloke.

Absolute disgrace of a move and brought complete dishonor to himself and the team by not even offering an apology or a hand up.Well done to the ref for getting on her feet and keeping with the game.It''s a joke that Cardiff are not pursuing the situation further.

[quote user="McCanary"]

Just watched that clip again a couple of times and it looks deliberate now I`ve seen it again

[/quote]

Yes watched rerun and watched again, pause it just befor he hits her he is going towards her intending to put her down, the FA should take a long long look at this, what did we use to say when we  were children, JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE LOSEING.    

What a muppet, thats deliberate all day long. Didn''t want to lose ''face'' by apologising to her. Or, as has been suggested, it might have been a bet.

McNaughton had the mare of all mares on Monday didn''t he? Even some of the Cardiff fans can''t quite believe he got POY for them.

Deliberate for me. Why would you do that? For a dare? and Why would you dare someone to do that? Who gains pleasure from that?Bloody freaks, my opinion on McNaughton and the rest of those Welsh bastards has somewhat sunk.

If it''s deliberate and the FA investigate he could and should be in for a long ban...10 games or more.

No wonder they bottled it against Boro if that was what the players were planning in the dressing room. Obviously more important to them than winning promotion for their fans!

I sincerely hope QPR get deducted ten points and then Cardiff bottle it again on Saturday and QPR get promoted.

Losers!

Looks very deliberate.

Nice to see how ''flooring'' a woman lines(wo)man is more important than actually playing football to them. Thank you very much for having such fantastic priorities!

I''m with you guys about a ban, he''s a disgusting b@stard in my opinion, and especially to do this to a young lady. What annoys me even more is that Cardiff City Football Club have come out and released a statement saying (roughly) ''McNaughton has NOTHING to apologise for'' ''Why should he apologise for something that wasn''t deliberate'' blah blah blah...

I actually think I hate that club. So now the QPR outcome could well be win/win from my point of view - Points docking, likely we''ll go up as Champions (more money for 1st place too, no?), No points docking, Cardiff/Swansea to crash and burn in the Play Offs hopefully - And stay down.

Yes he drops his shoulder and changes direction towards her , all i can say is why didnt he show that amount a comitment defending against the mboro players during the game .He certainly had a poor game on monday  as did all the cardiff players , i expect the FA to do what they normaly do with cardiff they will leave to the welsh FA  .

[quote user="grant holts goin to "]......... I expect the FA to do what they normaly do with cardiff they will leave to the welsh FA  .[/quote]Apologies for the ignorance but I''ve noticed similar comments to the above in several threads about Cardiff / Swansea- do the FA/FL have little/ no juristiction over the Welsh Clubs then? If so, why then are they in our league?  

I don''t see how you can all say it''s definitely deliberate, he is running in the direction of the ball. He flicks it round the Boro player and chases after it hoping to cross the ball, but his flick is too strong and it goes out for a goal kick. Sian Massey was between him and the ball.

It could have been deliberate, but it could easily not have been. I agree fully that his lack of apology/concern for her is disgusting, but it''s not definitely deliberate.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

I don''t see how you can all say it''s definitely deliberate, he is running in the direction of the ball. He flicks it round the Boro player and chases after it hoping to cross the ball, but his flick is too strong and it goes out for a goal kick. Sian Massey was between him and the ball.

It could have been deliberate, but it could easily not have been. I agree fully that his lack of apology/concern for her is disgusting, but it''s not definitely deliberate.

[/quote]

Although, watching it again, he does seem to smash his shoulder into her somewhat...hmmm.....very disappointing behaviour.

For me it says something about the Cardiff players as a group, why when your team is three nil down would you have a dare as stupid as that? Makes no sense to me and suggests why they bottled it on Monday.

Yes, it looks deliberate and shows total disrespect to a linesman. I hope the FA investigate.

Fair play to Sian, she must have thick skin to go do that every week. nice to see her have a little smile afterwards.

Whether it was diliberate or not only he knows, the most disturbing part is that he offers no hand of apology or checks to see if shes OK.

With talks of on the field dares and been on the pi55 all weekend, it sounds like Cardiff thought all they had to do was turn up and they''d win!