Sign in to follow this  
@jayncfc

Cardiff fans in self destruct!

If we had to go through the play off''s I hope we would not act like this......[url]http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43700[/url][url]http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43745[/url]I know they must be sickened but, still, is this anyway to act?I feel sorry for them and have some good Cardiff friends (my cousin is a supporter too!) but still, if this is the real emotion that runs through the club it is almost as dirty and sickening as a Chopra tackle!

i posted on one of there forums the other day explaining about the 1p5wich game being moved etc etc etc. Trying to be fair and nice about it all. I got some fair comments back but most were like "PRESSURE IS ON NORWICH" blah blah blah so i just went back and posted again [:P]

Even our most fickle fans wouldn''t have turned on them that quick. But if we''d lost in the play-offs and then not been in the top 6 by September the rumblings of discontent and need for a scapegoat would begin.

Expectation is a difficult beast to tame. If we''d slipped into the play offs I''m reckon the majority opinion amonst our support would be ''look where we came from, we''ve exceeded our expectations already.'' Whereas they''ve spent a shit-load of money and have convinced themselves they have a right to be automatically promoted. How oftern do you see the ''disgrace to the shirt'' attitude come out of supposedly ''big club'' support when results don''t go their way?  

Appreciated but, still, I think the attitude from the fans is way off of where it should be! No one has a given right to be anywhere no matter what they do, what history they have, or how much they have spent. They think that the players need to look at themselves after their performances, I would say that the fans need to too. Being upset is one thing, analyzing the players and managers is another. Declaring the loss of love for your club and threatening your players after coming 3RD IN A LEAGUE!! Unbelievable!

Apparently some of their players were out on the lash the night before and during the week....

"Not as if you give a f*ck about what us fans think anyway, as long as you get your big fat wage "

I don''t recall any complaints from the taffs through the rest of the season about high wages, not paying their debts or any other type of underhand practice.

Maybe they might wish to consider if there is any correlation between high wages and indifferent players.

Let us all hope that the ever likable Cardiff haven''t stretched things abit too far again and are now facing financial meltdown.

I was told by someone reading their boards that players were out on the piss the night before (one was Chopra) so what is their manager doing? Concentrating on how many days we had between fixtures?

Any fans would have a right to have a go if any of that was the case.

Can''t see it happening under Lambert or going unaddressed if an isolated incident happened.

These are probably the same ''fans'' who started leaving the game after 25 minutes.In the end of the day there''s no doubt that the Cardiff players bottled it, but they are just human after all and stuff like this does happen.I''ve never liked Cardiff as my experiences with their fans has always been negative (lots of racist thugs spoiling for a fight), and this does nothing to change my opinion.

Let''s just hope Reading or Forest (or even Leeds) are promoted through play-offs, the teams along with us who deserve to be in the Prem, instead of those Welsh thugs.

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]i posted on one of there forums the other day explaining about the 1p5wich game being moved etc etc etc. Trying to be fair and nice about it all. I got some fair comments back but most were like "PRESSURE IS ON NORWICH" blah blah blah so i just went back and posted again [:P][/quote]To be fair, I was reading that board quite a bit last week, and the "pressure is on Norwich" stuff was just a running joke on a lot of threads due to the way their manager and a few players all suddenly came trotting out that exact quote about this time last week.

I will still follow the Championship next season as I think it is a really good league and set to have some real strong teams coming down this year from the Premiership. I think that 3 - 0 was the worst case scenario for Cardiff, their goal difference is up the Swansea (hehe) and the team are in shambles. Could all change with the QPR trial result though. I will be watching to see what happens if they are docked points (which I make no hesitation in saying if they are guilty, throw the biggest heaviest book you can find at them). I bet you it will be along the lines ofOh Cardiff I love ''em so much, never doubted ''em. Love ''em I do! DJ ..... Love him.... Up we go!Although I can see another big bottle job if that is the case, loosing to a good Burnley side away from their home. If that happens I can see Cardiff''s season come to a grinding halt as the wheels carry on spinning all the way down the road.

If we had to go through the play off''s I hope we would not act like this......

[url]http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43700[/url]

[url]http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43745[/url]

I know they must be sickened but, still, is this anyway to act?I feel sorry for them and have some good Cardiff friends (my cousin is a supporter too!) but still, if this is the real emotion that runs through the club it is almost as dirty and sickening as a Chopra tackle!
----------------------------------

They are just DISLOYAL fans just like the Binners you find down the road ...........

To be honest though, Dave Jones has never been good at getting his teams to manage pressure situations. Remember when he was at Wolves, 11 points clear, and they got ten points in their last nine games......

To be fair to Cardiff, they were forced to play some 2 hours before we kicked off.

We had more rest time than they did... blah blah blah. etc etc etc.

The fans may yet be forgiving if they win the play-offs or get promotion gifted to them if the FA punish QPR.

[quote user="djc"]

To be fair to Cardiff, they were forced to play some 2 hours before we kicked off.

We had more rest time than they did... blah blah blah. etc etc etc.

The fans may yet be forgiving if they win the play-offs or get promotion gifted to them if the FA punish QPR.

[/quote]Yea I am sure they will be very forgiving, fickle!

Some of our fans have been pretty disloyal to some individual players that have served us well over the years and then moved on - eg the Doc thread Essex Canary started yesterday

+ some of our fans have picked on players that have been going through difficult spells on the pitch - including Simeon Jackson earlier in the year.

In both cases these were a minority, but I suspect that the vitriol being poured out on the Cardiff board is more intense than many of the Cardiff fans would write. You can''t draw conclusions about the whole group of Cardiff fans, any more than you could about ours.

The other issue is that they probably had higher expectations than we did - they got close last year and added Bellamy this season - this can only have intensified the disappointment.

There could yet be a very big sting in the tail for Cardiff - they lose at Burnley and Swansea win.

Imagine Swansea claiming third and getting automatic as QPR are docked points.

It must be tough when your team completely crack and lose it under pressure.[:''(]

This is my thinking too Rudolph. Especially when you bear in mind the cloud hanging over QPR makes 7th place particularly attractive for Burnley.

Wow, the Cardiff ''fans'' that posted in there are clearly not the most educated examples. But I''d expect at least one voice of reason amongst them?! Clearly not.

As someone above pointed out they have finished third in a tough league and probably have the best squad of all four teams in the play offs. So how they can justify the aggression and vitriol is beyond me. Nobody should ever expect anything in football, and remember, it could always be much worse. Ask Luton or Plymouth fans!

Also, nice bear baiting by the Norwich fan, good effort ha ha.

We should all write to the FA and ask them not to dock points off QPR and that would prevent a welsh side in the Premier league, come to that we should ask them to kick both them and Swansea out of the English FL we know how much the welsh like the British.

Now come on, that is a little harsh on the Welshies..... Leave them to destroy themselves, although I wouldn''t want Swansea up either after the celebration in the dressing room fiasco!

I understand the criticism of some the Cardiff fans comments. However, after watching that game I''m not really surprised. What I observed throughout the game was a number of their players standing almost motionless when the opposition were in possession of the ball no more than a few yards away. Any team can have a bad result but motionless on numerous occasions in what turned out to be their most important match of the season? Bellamy, who was doing a fair amount of running, looked like he wanted clobber a couple of his own team members. I was not aware of the "drinking" rumours when watching the game. I also think that particular thread "Dear Players" was aptly titled to invite fans to express their high level of frustration. 

"how much the Welsh like the British"  Really? i do think you meant us "English" as being Welsh makes you British the same as it is for us. [:D]............just too clear that up!