Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

McNallys coments - invest in players

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="kellybrook"]Glad you are not in charge.  Bring in another keeper when Ruddy has done very well and we have a good young reserve in Rudd?  Madness.  What is this obsession with bringing back a young keeper who did well in LEAGUE ONE!

[quote user="paul moy"]

A lot of the debt has to be paid off apparently, as repayment conditions are triggered by gaining Prem status, and this could include some of that which was rescheduled by a decade, according to a certain Norwich-supporting journalist on Talksport last week. It''s nice to hear that we will invest to stay in the Prem as opposed to the previous debacle where we had Doherty playing centre-forward until Xmas... [:D]

I definitely think we will get Fraser Forster as I''m sure he would want to come here, is class IMO, and won''t be expensive. I''m sure there are many other good players that would love to come to Norwich also. Onwards and Upwards !!

[/quote][/quote]

Ruddy has done a great job, but I think Forster is better, definitely much taller which is a great advantage, and if Lambert thinks the same then he will bring him in. We are now in the Prem and we can''t afford to be sentimental as that could ultimately cost us our place. I don''t write players off just because they did well at a lower level !!  Now, if they were carp at a lower level that would be different.  [:D]

[/quote]

I would be happy with Forster back as what is wrong with having two good keepers on the books but I am intrigued by the supposition that Forster would not cost much.

Remember what McNally said last autumn?   The loan fee (just the loan fee not the transfer fee) for Forster was more than City spent last summer.   Let me spell that out.  Forster for a season would have cost more than Ruddy, Fox, Crofts, Ward, Jackson, Russell Martin, McNamee and probably others I can''t now remember combined.

Unless Forster is at the end of a contract, he will cost shedloads especially after his high profile season a t Celtic.   Incidentally, much as I rate Fraser, how many red cards has he got to add to those last season?  How many did Ruddy get this year?

I thought McNally said Forster on loan would cost more than to buy Ruddy. Like others I would love to see Forster back here, however I don''t think it makes much sense..do we really need 4 young keepers? Ruddy deserves his chance and although I agree someone could be brought in for competition/back up - we all know of Forster''s frustration at not playing at Newcastle, so surely if he was to come here he would want to be practically guranteed the number 1 shirt. If we were to get another keep in as cover/competition I would think it be someone who offers more experience, whilst Rudd and Steer can be loaned out to get experience themselves.

Seeing those interviews with McNally (including the one he did with PL on Sky today), reminded me just what a breath of fresh air he is to our club, a straight talking good bloke with a sense of humour and not some bloody bespectacled pseudo politician that had more spin than Hotpoint.

Sorry, small rant at Neil Doncaster, and no I''ve not been drinking. *hic* Let''s be ''avin you