Sign in to follow this  
DEL123

Players you would like to see come in next season

[quote user="pete"]8 homegrown, Rudd/Steer, C Martin and KSmith after those 3 we are struggling, how will we comply without drafting in kids Francomb makes 4, but 8?[/quote]They don''t have to be homegrown by the club, just the country, so almost our entire squad is homegrown.

My wishlist:Forster - Ruddy''s been good, but the guy is POTS for Celtic. Would be great competitionAny decent young right back as cover/competition for Martin. Maybe Lee Hodson from Watford or Nathanial Clyne at PalaceJack Hobbs  or Matt Mills - 2 of the best CBs in the ChampionshipJimmy Kebe - lethal if we have to play on the break against better teamsNicky Maynard/Shane Long - Best 2 strikers in the championship IMOThere''s probably nearly £15m quid there though, so probably not all of them.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]by theway, what does IMO mean...i know i am being thick[/quote]In my opinion.HTH

Firstly I think we must strenghten the defence.  I think we could do with two centre backs and firstly I would love to have James Tomkins here from West Ham if they go down.  I''m not sure about the other centre back but Lambert will find someone.

In midfield I think we could just do with an all round strengthen.  I can''t see Tomas Hitzlesburger staying at West Ham if they go down and he would be brilliant.  Also in midfield I would like Lansbury back on loan and Kebe from Reading.  Also Howson and Snodgrass are both out of contract at Leeds aren''t they?  Also if Birmingham go down what about Larsson?  I think he is quality but could go to a more established Premiership team.

Up front I would love to have David Nugent here and perhaps Ebanks-Blake if Wolves go down?

Right, here is my take from players I would have. I would say we would all agree that, OTJ, Johnson, Askew, Gill, Hughes and Smith will go, so we will have to get replacements for them.

Full backs, Bertrand and Stephen Crainey

Centre backs, Ashley Williams, Fox

Mid, Sinclair, Kebe, Karl Henry, Albert Adomah, Richard Smallwood, Darren Pratley, Andy King, Bennett, Whittingham, Patrick Frimpong.

CF, Morrison, Lita, Long or Nicky Maynard, CMS, Ebanks Blake, Pacheco

I would say that we would we will need 6-8 players. I would say all of the above would be avalible, realistic and hungry to do well.

GK - Green / Forster

RB - Bertrand (agree with above, would provide good competition, season loan or purchase)

CB - Chambers / Greg Halford (Need 4 CBs and we only have 3)

RM - Bennett (To add another dimension to our play)

CM - Lansbury (Earnt his place in our side, we could give Arsenal a first option on him as part of the deal)

ST - Nugent  (Don''t want 2 strikers, I want Holt and Jackson to have their chance too. Martin can be used as backup if we must. Is a free agent too. However, not if he demands silly wages.)

A couple of loans too to make sure we have almost 2 players in every position. Pacheco /

[quote user="bjg123"][quote user="pete"]8 homegrown, Rudd/Steer, C Martin and KSmith after those 3 we are struggling, how will we comply without drafting in kids Francomb makes 4, but 8?[/quote]They don''t have to be homegrown by the club, just the country, so almost our entire squad is homegrown.[/quote]

In actual fact come the summer I don''t think we would have any that won''t qualify.

Whitbread qualifies as he moved here at such a young age. Simeon Jackson moved to England aged 15 and so I am pretty sure he qualifies as well.

Who else is there? Askou will be gone.

Demba Ba and Illunga. That is of course if West Ham go down. Quality striker and quality left back, just what we need for the Prem. Out of ideas for quality wingers though. SWP perhaps?

GK:

Forster (back up, i''m sorry but that would be so harsh on ruddy)

Defence:

Edwards, Chambers etc, only one. i am not that knowledgeable of experienced CB''s, maybe bertrand on loan and a right back, nathaniel clyne.

Midfield: one of kebe, sinclair, bennett, snodgrass. not sure about sinclairs attitude or desire (plus the price tag) bennett wanted to come and snodders knows lambert. we need a hard man for the bottom of the diamond so we can change between fox, crofts and maybe karl henry as posted above somewhere. or even alan smith yeah (olifinjana, no thanks. was utter tripe vs boro) maybe one more midfielder to add to depth, someone on a free who has the quality but will also give his all.

Strikers:

Havent seen much of maynard but apparently is top notch so maybe him, long, nugent, doyle (if wolves relegated) graham.

[quote user="nick"]I think look at covs underachieving players might be a good start. look at marlon king, out of contract this season. I know hes a bit of an idiot but hes out of contract this season and knows about the premier league. Useful and ideal on a free. aron gunnarson, fantastic little player, seen him at the richoh a few times this season, also out of contract. what do u think?[/quote]

Marlon King? I''m sure a hell of a lot of people inlcuding myself would be angry if we ever signed him and I''m sure Lambert is not the type of manager to take on a player like this and I think our players themselves are not the type who would welcome someone like this into their squad..a lot of them appear to be just genuine family men, so it could ruin team morale if the club brought in a man who likes to go around beating and sexually assaulting women.

I''m really surprised to have not seen Sordell''s (Watford) name been mentioned yet. Thought he looked very good this season.

Sordell does look like a good prospect, maybe one we could buy and loan for 6 months back to Watford?

I would get an experienced keeper in to cover Ruddy who has tons of Premier League experience, like Carlo Cudicini.

Strengthen the defence up maybe some cover and a solid centre back.

Midfield not too much maybe add some pace in there, a player like Valencia I know we won''t get him but that mould. Will help cover Martin and Tierney when they get forward.

Up front, Shane Long or maybe Leroy Lita. Someone with pace.

[quote user="bjg123"][quote user="pete"]8 homegrown, Rudd/Steer, C Martin and KSmith after those 3 we are struggling, how will we comply without drafting in kids Francomb makes 4, but 8?[/quote]They don''t have to be homegrown by the club, just the country, so almost our entire squad is homegrown.[/quote]

We need 4 players brought through from academy, and and 8 English players. The 4 academy players count as english players as well. We have Martin, Smith and Rudd who will probably be selected, don''t know who lambo will use for the last one.

I hope Korey Smith is loaned out, he''s got quite a bit of potential - maybe to league 1 or the championship for experience.Hughes, Gill, OTJ, Probably McNamee even though I love the guy, Johnson even though I love him too, Steven Smith will all go.Can''t see Snodgrass joining, would love Kebe or Long!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="bjg123"][quote user="pete"]8 homegrown, Rudd/Steer, C Martin and KSmith after those 3 we are struggling, how will we comply without drafting in kids Francomb makes 4, but 8?[/quote]They don''t have to be homegrown by the club, just the country, so almost our entire squad is homegrown.[/quote]

In actual fact come the summer I don''t think we would have any that won''t qualify.

Whitbread qualifies as he moved here at such a young age. Simeon Jackson moved to England aged 15 and so I am pretty sure he qualifies as well.

Who else is there? Askou will be gone.[/quote]Wes Hoolahan!

That''s about the third time I''ve seen someone post that Shane Long is available for free.

He is under contract at Reading until the Summer of 2012.

It''s also been widely reported that Newcastle, Everton, and Celtic, will bid for him if Reading aren''t promoted.

In other words, dream on.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what about chris gunter as competition for RB?[/quote]

Yeah I suggested this one too

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"][quote user="bjg123"][quote user="pete"]8 homegrown, Rudd/Steer, C Martin and KSmith after those 3 we are struggling, how will we comply without drafting in kids Francomb makes 4, but 8?[/quote]They don''t have to be homegrown by the club, just the country, so almost our entire squad is homegrown.[/quote]

We need 4 players brought through from academy, and and 8 English players. The 4 academy players count as english players as well. We have Martin, Smith and Rudd who will probably be selected, don''t know who lambo will use for the last one.[/quote]Unless I''ve missed something and 2nd in this league qualifies you for the Champions League - you''re wrong. It''s 8 players over 21 trained in England for at least  5 years before their 21st birthday. That''s it.http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/New-Premier-League-25-man-squad-rules-explained-What-the-new-regulations-mean-for-your-club-article569649.html

I do not want to mention any names. I would rather that Paul Lambert continues to unearth some hidden talents who have commitment to the team, and that he continues to assess possible players in terms of how well they are likely to fit in.

I am anxious about big names who may come for their last season or two with little commitment to NCFC, and even worse may behave as prima donnas and reduce the team spirit.

I don''t quarrel with many of the names in earlier postings here, I merely make general points:

We need at least two strikers.

We don''t know if Wilbraham or Chris Martin will cope with rugged but quick defenders, and even Holt or Jackson could be rendered less efficient.

We need at least one central defender.

I fear that Ward and Whitbread may struggle for pace, and even Barnett wasn''t a regular selection by a side not far off relegation.

We need cover at fullback.

Unless Francomb makes great strides, there is little cover for Russell, and a makeshift fullback even as good as Korey could be found out.

We need one midfielder.

We have skills there but I think that we need someone with muscle and size, and perhaps PL may need to desert his usual policy and find someone with experience who could take over from Holt as leader, if necessary.

In general, while players may have a little more time on the ball in the Premiership, tackling will be stronger and skill with the ball will count for more, whether in passing or in dribbling.

Experienced cover GK - possibly Cudicini? Maybe someone on loan?

Right back as cover for Martin - hopefully someone pacey and strong, who does the basic defending well; but supports in attack! - Maybe Traore from Arsenal (even tho a left sided player)

Without a doubt some strikers - Wilbraham I think will struggle - possibly an on loan michael owen, nile ranger, Pacheco, Dos Santos?

Jimmy Bullard did well for the scum and, since the rumour is they plan to loan him again next year, it would make me smile if we stole him from them!

Shaun Barker from Derby, very, very good centre-back IMO.

Wish lists are lovely and a lot of the names on here realistic, but I think we have all learnt that whoever we do sign, let''s not jump all over them before they''ve put a City shirt on.