Lansbury

Lallana

Pilkington

Maynard

Carson

De Vries

Bertrand

Cureton!

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I rate them on their days, but I feel we can get better then them.

The Icelandic international striker from AZ the Iceland supporter guy said a while ago (sorry, couldn''t remember your name!) is a very good shout for a striker.[/quote]Kolbeinn Sigþórsson? Ajax are currently buying him so we''d have to act quickly. Jóhann B. Guðmundsson is also at AZ but he''s a right winger, and maybe a tad to young.

[quote user="Askounin"]Elliot Bennett

Robert Snodgrass

Shane long

Aron Gunnarson

Ashley Williams

Would be nice for starters lol

Could all be realistic?[/quote]Elliot Bennett - Maybe if he isn''t to pricey.Robert Snodgrass - Yes would be a good player.Shane Long - Nope. Never really rated him. Think we should get someone in the Demba Ba/Peter Odemwingie mould to accompany Holt/Jackson/C.MartinAron Gunnarsson - YES! Ox in midfield. He is very ambitious. He has long throw ins (not the bullet ones though).Ashley Williams - Maybe yes but might be pricey.

Any west ham ''star'' players will go to bigger clubs, the likes of carlton cole/scott parker you can forget...

Four from me:

(GK) Kieren Westwood - Free from Coventry

(CF) Danny Graham - 1-1.5m from Watford

(CM) Gunnarson - Free from Coventry

(W) Jimmy Kebe - 1.5-2m from Reading

4 top championship players that should we get relegated from the premier straight away would help us immediately get promoted again.

You have to ask what edge will we have on other teams in the Prem to get results.

Pace is a deficient area in the current team as is power in the middle of the park and at the back.

Up front: Hard working paceman (CMS), D Graham/Milwall guy

Middle: Dynamic anchor man with pace/power, and attacking midfielder with pace (Mcgugan)

Back: Another strong/fast central defender to compete/cover benett.

GK: Wild card a experienced player with one of the younger ones going out on loan.

Lambert would never sign Yakubu, not his type of player, i.e. lazy bastard!

Some names,

Izaguere and Hooper from Celtic

McCarthy from Wigan

Lallana from Soton

Jack Hobbs leicester

Lita and Joe Bennett from Boro

Long and Kebe from Reading

Always liked Burnley''s Danny Fox, scored a great goal at Carrow Road for Coventry in Feb ''09.

Players of teams who don''t go up in play-offs like Shane Long, Lewis McGugan etc are going to be desired by half the Premier League. We''re not going to have it our own way. I think the likes of Lallana, Craig Mackail Smith, Danny Graham etc are the most likely players as well as loans from the better clubs.

One player I thought about was Darron Gibson at Man United, he always seems to play in FA Cup games and has an awesome shot on him. He recently opened up a Twitter account and then closed it as he got so much abuse from United fans who think he''s rubbish. Surely he will move on, so why not to us?

[quote user="Jacko"]I will get the ball rolling. Obviously wages are an issue but what about Dave Nugent. Available on a free and only 26. Plenty left to prove. Would add nice depth to the squad.[/quote]

I like him, but didn''t he refuse a loan deal to come here a couple of years ago ?   If so, then we may be best ignoring him, as he would only be coming for the money.  

Demba Ba is a possibility but we must bear in mind that he has dodgy knees and West Ham took a huge risk on that. No way would he command a huge fee due to that fact.  

[quote user="Big Slob"]Lambert would never sign Yakubu, not his type of player, i.e. lazy bastard! Some names, Izaguere and Hooper from Celtic McCarthy from Wigan Lallana from Soton Jack Hobbs leicester Lita and Joe Bennett from Boro Long and Kebe from Reading[/quote]

Kebe is a great player and would definitely be a better addition that Elliott Bennet. Lita was hugely successful for us on loan, especially against Wolves  [:D] ,  so I wouldn''t mind seeing him here again.

Nicky Mynard would be a decent shout if he is over his injuries.

What about Michael Johnson on loan from Manchester City. Just over a series of injuries and unlikely to get into the first team there.

Dickson Etuhu back from Fulham could be an option.

I think though that Lambert will look for hungry Championship players who could step up. Morison is one, Lallana from saints, Bullard is class and too good for championship. Nicky Bailey, Julio Arca and Marvin Emnes from Middlesborough.

I also think there will be a couple from Germany, Holland or one of the Scandinavian countries.

Dont want any africans though. Cup of nations next year and we couldnt afford to lose someone for that length of time.

Who would you like in and out at carrow road???

I think Lambert will stick to what he did last summer.....a few from league 1 and a few from championship......but a few from premier league and a few good players from the championship.

Do you think lambert will look abroad??

I can''t believe I''m reading people suggesting Parker! Hasn''t he just won the Premiership player of the year??!!?! I think he will go to a top side, possibly Liverpool. I''d like to see A new GK so Rudd and Steer can get crucial game time on loan at a League 1/Championship side. 2 center halves possibly as we haven''t got too many and Askou and Edwards are likely to go elsewhere/back to Blackpool in the summer.  Pacheco and Henri on loans would be a good idea plus a Danny Graham type player who can play with Holt, plus cover him if he gets injuries. Players like Doyle and Kirkland from the relegated sides would also be good signings. There are a lot of Championship players that would make clever signings, but I can''t be bothered to name them!

I know that R.Martin has been immense this season, but I think we could do with a right back as cover for him.  We have Francomb, who I rate highly, but to put him in a premier league game following appearances on loan at Barnet might be asking too much.

I actually though De Laet looked ok for Portsmouth, but the likelihood of someone allowing a young player to join us as cover when they could be on loan to a championship club seems remote.

Nathaniel Clyne at Palace is the first name that springs to mind: he is young and was highly rated (not sure if he still is).

I also thougth Rhys Williams looked good for Boro against Cardiff the other day...but then so many Boro players did look good against that lot!

Otherwise, I agree with strengthening the spine of the team with some experience (Centre back, Midfield and striker) - to enhance the squad and "help our current players out" as Lambert so often puts it.

I''m assuming that Drury and Tierney are seen as ideal left-backs. 

And here''s one from left field - or rather centre midfield...would anyone have Clingan back?  He''s hardly set Coventry alight, but then who has?

[quote user="writeronthestorm"]

I know that R.Martin has been immense this season, but I think we could do with a right back as cover for him.  We have Francomb, who I rate highly, but to put him in a premier league game following appearances on loan at Barnet might be asking too much.

I actually though De Laet looked ok for Portsmouth, but the likelihood of someone allowing a young player to join us as cover when they could be on loan to a championship club seems remote.

Nathaniel Clyne at Palace is the first name that springs to mind: he is young and was highly rated (not sure if he still is).

I also thougth Rhys Williams looked good for Boro against Cardiff the other day...but then so many Boro players did look good against that lot!

Otherwise, I agree with strengthening the spine of the team with some experience (Centre back, Midfield and striker) - to enhance the squad and "help our current players out" as Lambert so often puts it.

I''m assuming that Drury and Tierney are seen as ideal left-backs. 

And here''s one from left field - or rather centre midfield...would anyone have Clingan back?  He''s hardly set Coventry alight, but then who has?

[/quote]

No Clingan, Croft or Marshall, thanks...  let them stew !! 

The Premiership is a totally different ball game. To mention players who ''might'' be good enough is a very dangerous thing when you are limited to a squad of 25 only.

Let us not forget that PL has a lot of connections and friends in Europe from the time that he became the first British player to win the European Cup with a non-UK team.

I can see those connections being well used and some quality foreigners joining us.

Kieron Westwood (Free) - Very good back-up for Ruddy, and would allow Rudd/Steer to be loaned out.

Shane Long (Free) - Would be a fantastic signing on a free.

David Nugent (Free) - As above really.

Neil Kilkenny (Free) - Could be direct back-up/competition for Fox as a deep play-maker. Think we''d need a more classic ''break-up'' player in as well though.

Darren Pratley (Free) - Again, a good player in for free.

Elliot Bennett (£2million) - Think this will happen, and I hope it does too!

After that you''d hope we''d have enough cash leftover to make a couple more signings. An extra centre-back and a versatile full-back being priorities.

Well I don''t want us breaking the bank.

I read that graham is valued at about 3 million, I think he would be a good player and also fit our ethos of the team. Nugent however probably not and I am sure a mid table stoke or bolton may look at him.

I think it is the spine of the team, where good solid prem experience may be needed, so maybe 2 solid premiership players. There will be some from the championship which will be great, as I believe if we can acquire some of the good players in the championship we can go a long. I agree that whittingham, snodgrass and gradel are exceptional players.

But I also agree with the view that Europe is where you can get great players for about a quarter of the price. So certainly this is when our scout and Lambert''s connections should now come into there own.

I probably expect 2 premiership players to come in and then maybe 3 good championship players and then 2 or three from Europe. I still think there will be a number of players who will leave, but they can be proud that over two years at a club they have been part of two promotion squads. O. Johnson, Askou, Gill, S. Smith to name just a few. So with a nubmer of players I presume leaving we need to fill.

Afraid I love the time with no football with moves for players, it was so much better without the windows but I do love the summer and glad no football is on, so we can look at who is available and most importantly fit the ethos which these two achievements have been built upon. That is the most important thing to add quality and to continue that ethos.

I think look at covs underachieving players might be a good start.

look at marlon king, out of contract this season. I know hes a bit of an idiot but hes out of contract this season and knows about the premier league. Useful and ideal on a free.

aron gunnarson, fantastic little player, seen him at the richoh a few times this season, also out of contract. what do u think?

First off you have to look at our squad.

GK: Ruddy, Rudd, Steer

LB: Tierney, Drury, Habergham

CB: Barnett, Ward, Whitbread

RB: R.Martin, Francomb

RW: MacNamee(left footed)

CM: Fox, Crofts, K.Smith, Lappin

LW: Surman, MacNamee, Lappin

AT: Hoolahan, C. Martin

STR: Holt, Jackson, C.Martin

Players that look to be on their way out: Askou, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Oli Johnson, McDonald, S.Smith.

That''s six out. Would leave us with 21 players not including a couple of youngsters I have omitted although I think I am right in saying the 25 only applies to players over 21.

The homegrown rules almost certainly will not effect us. Even the players that play for foreign national teams have been in this country for most of their lives.

MacNamee also is a sort of wavering one, he could be gone as well.

So right wing, right back a striker in the Holt mold - I have to say I was really impressed with Vokes, looked like a young Holt and could really do well to come in and learn off him.

I think pace is important though. Surman isn''t an electric winger but he is skillfull. At times against Portsmouth Jackson''s pace almost got him too far ahead of the team - a pacey winger might help, especially late on in games when teams begin to tire etc.

If we don''t sign Edwards we will need another centreback or two as well as experienced back up for Ruddy. Anyone ready to welcome back our goalkeeping hero from last season - I would not be surprised to see it happen!

[quote user="nick"]I think look at covs underachieving players might be a good start. look at marlon king, out of contract this season. I know hes a bit of an idiot but hes out of contract this season and knows about the premier league. Useful and ideal on a free. aron gunnarson, fantastic little player, seen him at the richoh a few times this season, also out of contract. what do u think?[/quote]My mate is a cov fan and he has heard that king is signing/pre signed for the SCUM

I hope we continue with the same strategy that has got us to where we are now - namely signing hungry players from the championship or below who have a real hunger to prove themselves at a higher level. I think that for £2-3m each we can pick up 4 or 5 talented players from the championship to supplement the existing squad and give ourselves a real chance, Plus maybe a couple of well chosen loans as well. plyers i would like to see us linked with (although some will be subject to what happens in playoffs):

Fraser Forster (Newcastle)

Jimmy Kebe and Shane Long (Reading)

Steve Morrison (Millwall)

Robert Snodgrass and (fitness permitting) Patric Kisnorbo (Leeds)

Scott Sinclair (Swansea)

Elliot Bennett (Brighton)

Forster

Snodgrass

Shane Long

Kebe

A combatitive midfielder would be handy too... maybe Henry from Wolves should they go down or even someone like Alan Smith from Newcastle.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I hope we continue with the same strategy that has got us to where we are now - namely signing hungry players from the championship or below who have a real hunger to prove themselves at a higher level. I think that for £2-3m each we can pick up 4 or 5 talented players from the championship to supplement the existing squad and give ourselves a real chance, Plus maybe a couple of well chosen loans as well. plyers i would like to see us linked with (although some will be subject to what happens in playoffs):

Fraser Forster (Newcastle)

Jimmy Kebe and Shane Long (Reading)

Steve Morrison (Millwall)

Robert Snodgrass and (fitness permitting) Patric Kisnorbo (Leeds)

Scott Sinclair (Swansea)

Elliot Bennett (Brighton)

[/quote]As above[Y] also add Pacman and Angela L to that[Y]

Can''t think of any out of the top of my head but I like the ideas people are coming up with. I also agree that some of them will depend on who wins the playoffs and who comes down from the PL, as quite a few are at clubs that are currently facing the possibility of either promotion to the PL via the playoffs, or relegation to the Championship.

8 homegrown, Rudd/Steer, C Martin and KSmith after those 3 we are struggling, how will we comply without drafting in kids Francomb makes 4, but 8?