Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Count yourselves lucky we still have Delia.

David McNally is fast becoming a cult hero here at Carrow Rd - And he fully deserves his praise alongside Paul Lambert and the players etc, a key figure in our meteoric rise since that fatefull day that ended in 1-7.

But there is someone else who deserves ALOT of credit in all this aswell.

DELIA, and her husband. So ''many'' wanted her out, and they had their right to their opinion until certain things got personal and then I couldn''t take those posters seriously. But I''ll say this. Had she have just cleared off, then many (on here at least) would have got their way, and right now we could be looking forward to being run by the BIG INVESTMENT that is the CARDIFF owners, or those nice chaps who had PORTSMOUTH - Or if we were really lucky, we could be thanking our board for having the title stripped from us this Saturday followed by freefall in the Play Offs, or perhaps back to League 1 next season!.

Oh for better times eh?

What about Preston and Hull Tangie[:^)]

Didn''t they used to be top of that list....

Or is it what would be called fluid so that we can add and take away as some go tits up and new investors go elsewhere...

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Investment doesn''t have to be negative for a club, it can have positive effects, e.g., Birmingham (Gold and Sullivan), Sunderland, Wigan, Stoke City

[/quote]

.....or Preston. [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Or is it what would be called fluid so that we can add and take away as some go tits up and new investors go elsewhere...

[/quote]

Comrade Nutty, enjoy your argument with the wall.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Comrade Nutty, enjoy your argument with the wall.

[/quote]

I''m serious..

Not looking for an argument. Yankee got there too.

Sometimes you make yourself look more than silly on here to anyone who has a memory more than a few months long[;)]

Now count yourself lucky and admit it[:-*]

[quote user="TangibleFixedAssets"]

Investment doesn''t have to be negative for a club, it can have positive effects, e.g., Birmingham (Gold and Sullivan), Sunderland, Wigan, Stoke City

[/quote]

You have a fair point. I will grant you that Birmingham have won a cup this season, but other than that, what have those teams done other than survive? Nothing of any real excitement for the fans as far as I know. I for one am pleased that some Far Eastern billionaire hasen''t rushed in to buy us to be honest, it feels much more of an acheivement to make our own way up to the top, and also stay there should we manage it. Though I reckon with Lamberts canny management, that there is every chance we may do even better next season than some of those clubs you mentioned with their rich sugardaddy''s. Time, of course, will tell.

(apologies for my grammar - I''m a drummer)

We are the envy of every other Championship club bar none and you still can''t be thankful and count yourself lucky for what we have.

But...

I still find you amusing[Y]

We are the envy of every other Championship club bar none and you still can''t be thankful and count yourself lucky for what we have.

But...

[/quote]

Comrade Nutty,

Thank you for asking, I am overjoyed at Citys promotion.  BTW.....keep on arguing with that brick wall, you know you enjoy it.

I dont like the taste of humble pie, but I wont regret eating it. Remember, DS made plenty of wrong choices for our club in the dark era.

But you''re spot on. She eventually made two brave changes of direction to Norwich City. McNally and Lambert. For that, all is forgiven.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

I dont like the taste of humble pie, but I wont regret eating it. Remember, DS made plenty of wrong choices for our club in the dark era.

But you''re spot on. She eventually made two brave changes of direction to Norwich City. McNally and Lambert. For that, all is forgiven.

[/quote]More like she brought in two pre-administration administrators to protect her limited investment.She won the lottery.... and we all know that involves nothing more than sheer luck.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]More like she brought in two pre-administration administrators to protect her limited investment.She won the lottery.... and we all know that involves nothing more than sheer luck.[/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/images-2.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

More like she brought in two pre-administration administrators to protect her limited investment.

She won the lottery.... and we all know that involves nothing more than sheer luck.
[/quote]

Grow up

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

But...

[/quote]

Comrade Nutty,

Thank you for asking, I am overjoyed at Citys promotion.  BTW.....keep on arguing with that brick wall, you know you enjoy it.

[/quote]

I wasn''t asking Tangie old bean. I am sure you are as overjoyed at City''s promotion as I am.

I was just wondering why you don''t count yourself lucky that we still have Delia. Afterall our owners are "proper football people" and the whole club is the envy of every other club in  the Championship.

From when I first saw her going through the turnstiles at Swindon on a Friday night I''ve loved her and I always will.

Delia, you rule!

[quote user="mickfoot"]

From when I first saw her going through the turnstiles at Swindon on a Friday night I''ve loved her and I always will.

Delia, you rule!

[/quote]

No, Delia may reign but she no longer rules.

It was Walter Bagehot, I think, who famously defined the unwitten constitutional arrangements of the UK in a nutshell thusly - "The Queen reigns but does not rule".

Prior to 2009 Delia had, after her coronation both reigned and ruled over the club witrh little tangible success. However, on relegation to the 3rd Division for the first time in 50 years the penny finally dropped  and she was prevailed upon by wiser persons to do what British monarchs have done for many years now - let the professionals run the show whilst smiling and waving for the adoring masses annd dipping the hand occasionally into the royal purse.

And it''s worked. Just like our unwritten constitutional arrangements.

Nothing better than something that works.

Long may Delia reign! Long may Bowkett, McNally and Lambert rule!!

OTBC

So......

Didn''t Doncaster rule? Didn''t Cooper rule? Didn''t Didn''t Gordon Bennett rule? And Big Bad Bob, didn''t he rule? I thought that was what the CE did?

Or maybe, because there were never any "Doncaster Out Stickers" ordered and no "Doncaster Out Avatars" proudly displayed on here, for the likes of you Babes it''s always the "scapegoat" that rules.

Jeez move on.

Delia and Co f ucked up big time,thankfully realised just before we it was to late,changed things around and came out better for it. They made BIG mistakes that should never be forgotten and they''ve made BIG changes that will always be remembered.

End of.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Jeez move on.

Delia and Co f ucked up big time,thankfully realised just before we it was to late,changed things around and came out better for it. They made BIG mistakes that should never be forgotten and they''ve made BIG changes that will always be remembered.

End of.

[/quote]

At last, the voice of reason. Let''s just enjoy the moment.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Jeez move on.

End of.

[/quote]

I think we have moved on Arthur old chum. We''ve all moved on to the Premier League. I think the sentiments of the thread are that we could count ourselves lucky that we still had Delia who enabled us to move on. What''s so uncomfortable about that?

So......

Didn''t Doncaster rule? Didn''t Cooper rule? Didn''t Didn''t Gordon Bennett rule? And Big Bad Bob, didn''t he rule? I thought that was what the CE did?

Or maybe, because there were never any "Doncaster Out Stickers" ordered and no "Doncaster Out Avatars" proudly displayed on here, for the likes of you Babes it''s always the "scapegoat" that rules.

[/quote]

To the extent that leadership of the inner circle requires a lifelong commitment to confusion, change of argument  and sheer nuttiness you''re doin'' OK.

But if I were you I''d keep a lookout over my (left) shoulder for those itinerant leadership challengers. They''re just ready to pounce............

I mean it''s not a time to become an ex-leader like the ex-chairman  of your nCIsA now is it,  what with our club back in the top tier again an'' all.

Still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="mickfoot"]

Delia, you rule!

[/quote]

No, Delia may reign but she no longer rules.

It was Walter Bagehot, I think, who famously defined the unwitten constitutional arrangements of the UK in a nutshell thusly - "The Queen reigns but does not rule".

Prior to 2009 Delia had, after her coronation both reigned and ruled over the club witrh little tangible success. However, on relegation to the 3rd Division for the first time in 50 years the penny finally dropped  and she was prevailed upon by wiser persons to do what British monarchs have done for many years now - let the professionals run the show whilst smiling and waving for the adoring masses annd dipping the hand occasionally into the royal purse.

And it''s worked. Just like our unwritten constitutional arrangements.

Nothing better than something that works.

Long may Delia reign! Long may Bowkett, McNally and Lambert rule!!

OTBC

[/quote]

Let''s try again because your poor attempts at humour don''t hide the fact you don''t like the point but have no answer.

Let''s make the point really simple!

Ever since they have owned the club Smith & Jones have reigned whilst the Executive Management ruled. It didn''t start with Bowkett and McNally.

It makes me laugh, certain people on here that can''t forgive, forget, and just enjoy the good times.They must be utterly perfect in every way and never made a single mistake in their miserable, bitter lives.Yes, we are lucky to have Delia, considering some of the abuse she has had from some.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]When are you next home Morty?[/quote]Only just got back here a few days ago mate, I think I shall be back in the fine city about 8th or 9th of June.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]When are you next home Morty?[/quote]

Only just got back here a few days ago mate, I think I shall be back in the fine city about 8th or 9th of June.
[/quote]

Thought as much. Was trying to arrange PUPs social in a fortnight. Will just have to let Tilly down a taddy in your honour[B]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]When are you next home Morty?[/quote]Only just got back here a few days ago mate, I think I shall be back in the fine city about 8th or 9th of June.[/quote]

Thought as much. Was trying to arrange PUPs social in a fortnight. Will just have to let Tilly down a taddy in your honour[B]

[/quote]Tell him to push the boat out and have two1[:D]