Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

PINK UN/EDP/EVENING NEWS - ASK WORTHY...

what is happening about Paul McVeigh. Why isn''t he, at least, on the bench? Give him a chance, he can''t do any worse than Mullers. I can''t believe that you journalists haven''t asked NW about this, it''s fairly basic stuff!

No, no, no, there is an agreement with NCFC and the local media. They cannot go asking questions like that it would be to informative

I will try asking him on saturday.

I''m told that at Villa Park on Saturday even the Bus driver sat on the bench while WLY was in the stand!

Saying that it could''ve been his choice and he may be having a snotty one at not being picked.

Whoever''s to blame i hope it''s sorted one way or the other ASAP.

[quote]If you don''t perform, you don''t get picked...[/quote]

If only it were that simple eh Pete?

Sorry don''t buy that line in current circumstances and after enduring (as I know you did too) the game at Villa Park on Sat.

How many not to get picked on non-performance after that?

Can only be a Worthy bust up/disagreement big style I fear, but what timing!!

"How many not to get picked on non-performance after that?

Can only be a Worthy bust up/disagreement big style I fear, but what timing!!"

But he wasn''t not-picked after the Villa game, he was not-picked before it. And, it''s true, he hasn''t performed when he has been picked. He needs either a change of attitude or a change of scenery.

[quote]If only it were that simple eh Pete? Sorry don''t buy that line in current circumstances and after enduring (as I know you did too) the game at Villa Park on Sat. How many not to get picked on non-pe...[/quote]

I''ve heard that Worthy won''t pick him until he loses some weight and his fitness picks up. Be interesting to see if he plays for the reserves on Wednesday (that''s if we have enough to field a team)! Mind you Chelski will only put out a team of 16 year olds, so we may get a win. I''m looking forward to taking the pee out of the Chelski glory hunters turning up in droves and not being able to recognise a single squad member!

I think this may well be the answer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4180925.stm

Managers don''t drop seasoned professionals for performing poorly on the training pitch when they only have schoolboys to replaced them with.

Also, didn''t McVeigh recently retire from international football? Perhaps the Northern Irish FA forced him out when they heard of this news?

It all fits.

Or not...

"Both play for Football League rather than Premiership clubs and are understood to be squad players rather than first-team regulars."

[quote]Or not... "Both play for Football League rather than Premiership clubs and are understood to be squad players rather than first-team regulars."[/quote]

Yep, just saw that.Still makes no sense that he never even gets on the bench though.