Sign in to follow this  
Bill

City fans on the pitch .................... I'm ashamed

that I was one of them,

Hugged Holt, danced a jig on the centre spot, scored with an inflatable green ball and hoofed a funny coloured beach ball over the bar - and much other merriment

now the controversial bit

great to see the players on the pitch afterwards followed by Delia McNally and all - nice touch of Delia to go over to the corner to the chap in the wheelchair

so if it''s ok to be on the pitch at Pompey lets lighten up a bit and let the fans on at Carrow Road on saturday (preferably after the game)

otherwise here''s to you bloke dressed up as a ''weed'', the men in light green tights and the poor fellow I clocked full in the face knocking his specs off, when I misthrew a rubber ring (apologies to you)

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Hopefully the Opera goers in the Jarrold Stand will be up to making some noise on Saturday.

Can anyone wake up the biscuit chasers in the Morgue (City) stand?

[/quote]

No exceptions anymore......

Biscuit Chasers the lot of ''em[:O]

[<:o)]

Mr Nutty

I did not seen any ''old un'' dressed as a pirate, did you lose your parrot (or nerve) ?

No Mr City1st, I didn''t lose my nerve. I wasn''t really a pirate I was referring to the crutch I am using th the moment. So I couldn''t make the pitch although was close enough to see all those who did. If you went on the pitch opposite where Simeon Jackson scored then you came past me. If you came back that way you may even have shaken my hand. Some even got a cuddle[:$][<:o)]

Next time we''re in the same place maybe we''ll meet up.[B][Y]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Hopefully the Opera goers in the Jarrold Stand will be up to making some noise on Saturday.

[/quote]So long as its civilised and does not decend into a rabble one is keen to clap ones hands

"If you came back that way you may even have shaken my hand. Some even got a cuddle"

I was stood to the right of the goal from behind and piled down to the front in the last minutes. Bit of a stand off fwith the stewards or a few minutes then saw the left side break through and pile onto the pitch - which was the cue for our side to ''go over the top''. It was inevitable and would have saved a lot of hassle from both sides if the stewards had just stood on the halfway line from the start.

Coming back I had the dubious honour of being the last off the pitch/ground. As we were herded into the far corner some were going out under the big screen and some out up through the Pompey seats. Not sure of which way to go I looked round and found there were about a half dozen other stragglers behind ne so I thought I''ll be last off, which I was.

Not much of an achievement when set against the night - when set against anything come to that but there we are, such is life.

Then you went on the pitch a few yards from where I was. My seat was supposed to be far away in Q Block but a friend knew of a spare seat at the front which would suit me better whislt I''m a pirate. Jacko celebrated right in front of me. Then at the final whistle most of the team celebrated in front of me. Then I saw nothing for a while because the pitch invasion wasn''t "pirate friendly". This season is right up there[Y]

My son went to Fratton Park and, he too, found his way on the pitch! He had a ball. As long as fans are friendly and there isn''t any abusive behaviour, I really don''t see the harm.

If I remember rightly, at the last promotion ''party'' at Carrow Road, fans were told if they went on the pitch, the players would return to the dressing room and the ''party'' would be over. The same thing will happen again this year. I sit in the N&P upper stand, so not much chance of me getting down there anyway lol

Oh my god, so there`s a fair chance i hugged both City 1st and nutty!! I feel so dirty ;-) So chuffed and proud that city fans ignored the rightious "I hope you`re banned" brigade and celebrated in joyous style on the pitch. If you saw someone looning out on the pitch in shorts, a light grey top and a grey+white striped beanie on, that were me....

but did you get to hug the splendid Mr Holt ?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Oh my god, so there`s a fair chance i hugged both City 1st and nutty!! I feel so dirty ;-) So chuffed and proud that city fans ignored the rightious "I hope you`re banned" brigade and celebrated in joyous style on the pitch. If you saw someone looning out on the pitch in shorts, a light grey top and a grey+white striped beanie on, that were me....[/quote]I''m someone who has spoken out about pitch invasions and if you look back you will see that I said they are great when they are spontaneous (like Monday) but rather sad when they are prearranged on the Internet (like the end of last season) and if I remember correctly most people agreed with me, whilst I was pleased to see it on Monday as we had actually one promotion I would see one on Saturday as pointless.

"I would see one on Saturday as pointless"

It would require some piece of music to let the happy clappies know what to do

"I''m Happy Clappy.....

You''re Harry Clappy "

Oh no, the thread is morphing into a Benny Hill Sketch

im ashamed that i was on the pitch mon night............NOT!!!!!

i enjoyed running round the pitch in bare feet cuz of the shoes i wore.

quality night!!!!!