Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

THE SUN - QPR SET TO BE STRIPPED OF THE TITLE.

Odds on Norwich or cardiff winning the title have crashed since last night! QPR were something like 1/50, now down to about 1/3 or 1/4. Pressure is building!

[quote user="crab"]Odds on Norwich or cardiff winning the title have crashed since last night! QPR were something like 1/50, now down to about 1/3 or 1/4. Pressure is building![/quote]Crikey, I had another cheeky tenner on us at 16/1 at about 5.30am this morning. The bookie who laid the bet is no longer quoting prices and we''re down to less than 5/1 on oddschecker now. Could be lots like me creating a market movement on the off chance but pretty well all the big players have withdrawn from the market in the last few hours.

none of the bookies are taking prices anymore, be interesting what they are when backup, always thought this qpr talk was a waste of time but might be something in it, still can''t see anything more than a 1 or 2 point deduction aint gonna be 15.

would it be stupid to say we dont want to go up like this? personally id rather clinch promotion under our own steam and with a win, be it at portsmouth or carrow road.

im not sure about the title too in all honesty, would anyone else welcome the title in this way? cant help but feel it may tarnish or undermine a fantastic season which has been purely down to our own brilliance.

having said that seeing warnocks face would make it all worth while. yeah, seconds thoughts take the points from them.

[quote user="barclay4ever"]

would it be stupid to say we dont want to go up like this? personally id rather clinch promotion under our own steam and with a win, be it at portsmouth or carrow road.

im not sure about the title too in all honesty, would anyone else welcome the title in this way? cant help but feel it may tarnish or undermine a fantastic season which has been purely down to our own brilliance.

having said that seeing warnocks face would make it all worth while. yeah, seconds thoughts take the points from them.

[/quote] yes happily benefit at there expense

No. I still expect there will be no points deduction, or at most only a couple so  that QPR keep the Championship.

Think the Sun are desperate for some sport story with nothing much happening. Was the Danny Gabbion Twitter fine a big story as well?

Hollow way to win the league? Yeah, course it is, QPR have been great all season.Would I lose any sleep over winning the league by default, frankly no.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

No. I still expect there will be no points deduction, or at most only a couple so  that QPR keep the Championship.

Think the Sun are desperate for some sport story with nothing much happening. Was the Danny Gabbion Twitter fine a big story as well?

[/quote] your basis for this being..................if you actually ready the facts of the case i think you will change your opinion, true bookies could of got it wrong, a bit like the lambert thing, but i have thought for a while that a points deduction would happen, i think the fact sky are also reporting this, and the fact qpr have made a statement gives an indication. if they were sure they were fine there statement would of said ''the sun are talking sh*t dont worry''

if i was a qpr fan i would be afraid..........very afraid

any how not going to matter we are going up any how!!

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="crab"]Odds on Norwich or cardiff winning the title have crashed since last night! QPR were something like 1/50, now down to about 1/3 or 1/4. Pressure is building![/quote]

Crikey, I had another cheeky tenner on us at 16/1 at about 5.30am this morning. The bookie who laid the bet is no longer quoting prices and we''re down to less than 5/1 on oddschecker now. Could be lots like me creating a market movement on the off chance but pretty well all the big players have withdrawn from the market in the last few hours.
[/quote]

Money still waiting to back Norwich at 6.2/1 on Betfair. I suggest you might like to think about laying to give yourself a win/win situation.

QPR''S automatic promotion into the Premier League is set to be blocked by the FA.

SunSport understands the runaway Championship leaders are likely to face a big points deduction - possibly up to 15 - if they are found guilty of breaking strict third-party ownership rules over the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

The evidence against the West London club is said to be damning and they could now end up in the play-offs.

The only winners would be Cardiff and Norwich who could then go up automatically.

The hearing into the signing of the Argentine midfielder two years ago begins next Tuesday and a verdict will be delivered three days later.

A four-man panel will comprise an independent QC, two from the FA''s disciplinary panel and a football expert who will be either a former player or boss.

In theory, they should begin with a blank sheet of paper but many at the FA are openly discussing the case and reckon QPR - five points clear at the top of the table - are in big trouble. Those who have seen the evidence say Rangers are defending the indefensible.

An FA source said: "There''s no question QPR have broken the rules. They know it as well. The only debate is what to do about it.

"If they aren''t found guilty you might as well scrap the rules about third-party owners."

Some within the corridors of power believe QPR should be hit hard because they were well aware they were acting outside the regulations.

When West Ham were punished over the Carlos Tevez affair they were actually found guilty of failure to disclose information - not of breaking third-party ownership rules because such legislation did not exist.

Since then the FA have made third-party ownership illegal so the argument is QPR were worse offenders because they were well aware they were committing an offence.

If Neil Warnock''s side are found guilty they will have seven days to appeal.

However, if QPR take legal action or other clubs decide to seek legal avenues because of points they lost when Faurlin played against them, the whole issue could drag on throughout the summer.

The nightmare scenario could even be that the Championship promotion play-offs do not take place at all until the issue is resolved.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3553711/The-FA-are-set-to-strip-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html

Sorry Alex, what I meant was until they get the points to be crowned Champions, then I firmly believe we can win the league with or without them being docked points.

I think they''ll lose enough points to take us up as Champions.

[quote user="simo86"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote] your basis for this being..................if you actually ready the facts of the case i think you will change your opinion, true bookies could of got it wrong, a bit like the lambert thing, but i have thought for a while that a points deduction would happen, i think the fact sky are also reporting this, and the fact qpr have made a statement gives an indication. if they were sure they were fine there statement would of said ''the sun are talking sh*t dont worry''

if i was a qpr fan i would be afraid..........very afraid

any how not going to matter we are going up any how!!

[/quote]

I''ve read all available ''facts'', thank you. The bookies cutting their odds is a precautionary measure, they would be stupid not to. It does not indicate anything, just them playing it safe.

My reason for diluting the theory of a heavy points deduction is due to the fact the hearing date has been made so late in the season (when decided upon the day QPR were over 10 points clear) which makes me question if in fact they plan on a points deduction that willl actuall see QPR lose their current postion in the table.

I''ve got more belief that they will be fined heavy, and the money used for a nice couple of expensive bubbly at the end of season party. [:P][;)]

I think its hard to say really but it seems like The Sun are pretty confident about this, is this the back page story in the actual paper? I know The Sun are known to tell lies but surely not something like this as surely they could have taken legal action taken agains them if they were lieing

I think it''s interesting that QPR are now saying on their website that they will make no comment as they and the FA have agreed to keep quiet until after the hearing, yet Colin was happily telling the media last weekend how he had consulted an independent barrister who had assured him that they wouldn''t be penalised. Bit of a reassessment going on at Loftus Road?

As I said in earlier post, this publicity plays into QPR''s hands and serves to scare the crap out of the FA, whether this is a ''dark arts'' venture between QPR and the popular sports media, who have nothing to talk about today other than Tindall and Beckham at some wedding, only time will tell.

They have eyes everywhere

WHAT A PILE OF OLD SH!TE

The sun is probebly one of the worset staffed dailes in the country. For football it mostly relies on ''borrowing'' copy from elsewhere ie trawling the internet and helping themselves to what has already been posted elsewhere. The rest of it''s worthless tosh is guff supplied by PA''S from friendly agents.

It is probably a measure of how gullible and dim it''s readership is that a non story such as this can over exite them. The is par for the sun. There is nothing in the sun story that is not already known - pretty par for the course.

All they have done is headlined it with a provocative title to delude the not too bright that they are being given something new and revealing. It is nothing other than low graded speculation, with the sun covering it''s backside by adding the words " likely, possibly, if, could".

Perhaps the sun might care to ''borrow'' this EXCLUSIVE from me.

Norwich City''s promotion to the Premier League is set to be blocked by two other clubs. Norwich City are likely to lose points if they fail two beat both teams.

sunsports understands that Norwich could miss out on promotion if both Portsmouth and Coventry win their games against them. The evidence is damning against them and they could now end up in the playoffs.

The sun can reveal that these games are set to be played in front of a televised audience on Tuesday night and, exclusively the sun can also reveal, that Norwich could also play in front of a TV audience AGAIN on the Saturday. That could mean many who had not expected to see the game will probably be able to watch it at lunchtime on Saturday, if they are not already at the game or doing something else.

The sun can also reveal that Norwich could actually be CHAMPIONS on Saturday depending on other results or could be promoted or put back into the playoffs. If Norwich are promoted they have until AUGUST to celebrate, which could see the organising of any celebrations dragging on for days after the final game.

Any celebration could cause major traffic problems in the City centre. However if they are forced into the playoffs any decision could take WEEKS to be resolved with the nightmare scenarion that any celebrations could be held over until JUNE.

[quote user="City1st"]The sun can reveal that these games are set to be played in front of a televised audience on Tuesday night[/quote]That''s wrong for a start!

"surely they could have taken legal action taken agains them if they were lieing"

But that is the whole point, They are not lying as they ARE NOT saying anything, merely speculating.

You might just as we post up the thoughts of Mystic Meg who has said that someone or some people COULD be very rich after the lottery draw IF they have bought a lottery ticket that has the right numbers.

It is no much than the usual sun rubbish

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="City1st"]The sun can reveal that these games are set to be played in front of a televised audience on Tuesday night[/quote]
That''s wrong for a start!
[/quote]

May I just say that I loved your work on "All Things Must Pass" and "Something" was my wedding dance.

Be good to one another.

More rehashing by the mail..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1381798/Neil-Warnock-wants-Queens-Park-Rangers-win-title.html

They seem to be of the opinion QPR will just be fined...

The only thing for certain is that there will be no decision until next week. How many points (if any at all) that will be deducted also has not been decided. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just speculating

[quote user="spudgfsh"]More rehashing by the mail..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1381798/Neil-Warnock-wants-Queens-Park-Rangers-win-title.html

They seem to be of the opinion QPR will just be fined...

The only thing for certain is that there will be no decision until next week. How many points (if any at all) that will be deducted also has not been decided. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just speculating[/quote]To be fined you have to be guilty of something. There seems to be very little support for QPR''s claim that they are not guilty.Seems to me that the general concensus has come round to the view that they are guilty of at least some of the charges and the whole argument now is what will be the penalty.The idea that an appeal will upset the playoffs is nonsense. They have 5 days to appeal and a maximum of 2 days to get the result. They can only appeal on 2 grounds, 1. new evidence  2. severity. The appeal committee''s decision is final. Dragging it through the law courts won''t wash either because the precedence is the W. Ham case which was thrown out by the courts.I don''t know what the IRC will recommend but I doubt it will be just a fine.

well that has doomed QPR, since when has the mail ever got any sporting speculation right? they are also saying we are ready to make a £2M bid for morrison. that''s probably the supermarket site.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]More rehashing by the mail.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1381798/Neil-Warnock-wants-Queens-Park-Rangers-win-title.html They seem to be of the opinion QPR will just be fined... The only thing for certain is that there will be no decision until next week. How many points (if any at all) that will be deducted also has not been decided. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just speculating[/quote]

If it was to be just a fine it would have been delt with already, how can you fine the worlds richest and make it felt by them, You can''t they would laugh off a fine even if it were£1 Million, but we know that wont happen but what will happen if they go unpunished is  a drop in respect from the rest of the Football world,Clubs will be doing back hand deals as they know they will get away with it,I only hope panel think of Luton when they come together, and do away with the rules for us and rules for them  thing QPR should be treated the same, Relegate them to lg1.