Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

THE SUN - QPR SET TO BE STRIPPED OF THE TITLE.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Colin copied from Talksport site. Boo Hoo

QPR manager Neil Warnock has hit out at reports in today’s press that his side are to face a points deduction for Alejandro Faurlín’s alleged third-party ownership.

The Loftus Road boss woke up to stories reporting that the club might face serious sanctions should they be found guilty of breaching strict Football League rules.

And Warnock has slammed the speculation surrounding the decision, due to be made next Friday.

“It’s diabolical,” he fumed: “The players were bloody gutted today, we’ve got a big game tomorrow against Watford, and I don’t need the hassle [of these stories].

“Let’s see what happens next week and see what kind of stories they do, I think it’s absolute garbage in the press, people are speculating at the moment.

“Fortunately I think everybody from behind the scenes realises that we need to let the people who look after it get on with it, that’s how we’re dealing with it.

“It doesn’t help me at all though with the game tomorrow. All I’m worried about is getting a result at a difficult place. Watford beat us 3-1 at our place and it could have been 6-1.

“I do, we didn’t need that today. Already the lads were talking about it when I got in today and it’s not nice.”

Warnock admitted though that the player in question, Alejandro Faurlín, is faring well despite the current furore surrounding his transfer.

“He’s an absolute jewel of a lad, the QPR boss added: “He hasn’t got a problem at all and none of the other lads have either, it’s just disappointing today to come in and face that.”[/quote]

Couldnt happen to a nicer man, nice to see the media`s love child getting ever so slightly would up by the press, lovely!

[quote user="Ashattack"]I don''t think any points will be deducted . We should just focus on wining the last 2 game and be safe .[/quote]

I think we do that as well - as our first priority, but there''s no doubt that the pressure of all this will tell somewhere.

Besides, we have to have something else to talk about or we might as well just have a forum with one thread!!

Surely there is no precedent for this anyway - because wasn''t third party ownership only strictly made illegal after the west ham rubbish? Therefore it would be right to say a much harsher punishment is required on the basis that they KNEW full-well they were breaking the rules.Should they get a points deduction? Most definately! IF not, wouldn''t it send a message to other clubs along the lines of:"Feel free to break our rules and purchase players illegally - you can get promoted to the prem with them but then we''ll give you a fine which will hardly matter because you''re about to get £90mill in your pockets anyway"I do enjoy listening to how wound up Warnock is, especially after he had the nerve to complain about our fixtures!

Today the FA and distanced themselves from the points reduction report.......

this is what will happen next week

1. OPR will have a fine

2. there will be no points deduction

Its so obvious, the FA have no balls are gutless and allegedly will take some sort of bung

The people who run our football our a joke from the FA up to FIFA...a bunch of curupt old men who only care about themselves

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]Today the FA and distanced themselves from the points reduction report.......

this is what will happen next week

1. OPR will have a fine

2. there will be no points deduction

Its so obvious, the FA have no balls are gutless and allegedly will take some sort of bung

The people who run our football our a joke from the FA up to FIFA...a bunch of curupt old men who only care about themselves[/quote]

Do you have a link ta mate?

That FA statement doesn''t change anything, just as the report in The Sun didn''t change anything. There is only one person whose opinion matters here above anyone else''s and that is the QC who is going to chair the tribunal. And neither The Sun nor the FA (nor anyone on this forum) has a clue what they think about the case, and almost certainly they don''t yet have a clue what they think about the case.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]Alex link below

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13244531.stm[/quote]

Cheers St.John. I quote below -

An FA statement read: "The FA wishes to make clear it dissociates itself from an article in the Sun newspaper.

"Any alleged FA source is not speaking on behalf of the FA."

You can, of course, look at that two ways. It doesn''t neccessarily mean that it wasn''t someone from the FA - They would have denied it anyway.

Purple

never presume people know nothing...lots of phone hacking takes place these days and there is no smoke without fire, However i or one do not know but writing from experience I stick by my original comments

It''ll probably all come down to this.......''money talks''.......a language, that everyone understands........

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]never presume people know nothing...lots of phone hacking takes place these days and there is no smoke without fire[/quote]

That''s a good point. And no one would know that better than Rupert Murdoch ;)...

"lots of phone hacking takes place these days and there is no smoke without fire"

Absolute nonsense.

No one can know the result of a ''trial'' anymore they can know the results of the two Championship games on Monday night.

As to smoke ? What smoke ?

If you read what was written in the sun it says NOTHING that was not ALREADY known. It is no more informative than stating that IF Cardiff lose on Monday then Norwich COULD be promoted that night.

''If QPR are found guilty they could face a 15 points deduction''

Wow ! That must have took an awful lot of phone tapping to get that kind of info.

One of the correspondents on Radio 5 (sorry cannot remember his name) earlier today said he was absolutely convinced that (if found guilty) there would be some form of points deduction. It appears that this view seems to be gaining some momentum in both written and broadcast media. His reasoning was that any form of financial penalty would be meaningless to QPR what with their wealthy owners. A fair point I suppose, but a transfer embargo (as suggested already on here) would be another possible sanction- depending on the terms it could mean QPR struggle to stay in the PL which could be seen by some to be a suitable punishment made directly to Rangers with minimal disruption elsewhere. Bar the inevitable ''loss of revenue'' claims from the 3 Championship clubs that do not go up of course.      

They will never be allowed to go into the PL after fielding an illegal player. Relegation or points deduction and a fine.

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]One of the correspondents on Radio 5 (sorry cannot remember his name) earlier today said he was absolutely convinced that (if found guilty) there would be some form of points deduction. It appears that this view seems to be gaining some momentum in both written and broadcast media. His reasoning was that any form of financial penalty would be meaningless to QPR what with their wealthy owners. A fair point I suppose, but a transfer embargo (as suggested already on here) would be another possible sanction- depending on the terms it could mean QPR struggle to stay in the PL which could be seen by some to be a suitable punishment made directly to Rangers with minimal disruption elsewhere. Bar the inevitable ''loss of revenue'' claims from the 3 Championship clubs that do not go up of course.      
[/quote]

It was Alan Green and his point went a lot further. What it actually said was that due QPR''s financial position a fine would be irellevant however the same would then apply for all clubs that have a rich owner ie if Chelsea then decide to have a player owned by a third party then why would a fine deter them ? relegation or a big points deduction would.

The latest development ( it may be mentioned on here ) is that QPR''s lawyers demanded the FA come clean on their position and did they pass an opinion to The Sun. They have distanced themselves from the article and also said that anyone that spoke from the FA was not representing the FA. Bet the guy from Cardiff is now cacking himself as if true he has just dropped his source right in it, if not true maybe he will feel the force of QPRs lawyers.  

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]One of the correspondents on Radio 5 (sorry cannot remember his name) earlier today said he was absolutely convinced that (if found guilty) there would be some form of points deduction. It appears that this view seems to be gaining some momentum in both written and broadcast media. His reasoning was that any form of financial penalty would be meaningless to QPR what with their wealthy owners. A fair point I suppose, but a transfer embargo (as suggested already on here) would be another possible sanction- depending on the terms it could mean QPR struggle to stay in the PL which could be seen by some to be a suitable punishment made directly to Rangers with minimal disruption elsewhere. Bar the inevitable ''loss of revenue'' claims from the 3 Championship clubs that do not go up of course.       [/quote]

It was Alan Green and his point went a lot further. What it actually said was that due QPR''s financial position a fine would be irellevant however the same would then apply for all clubs that have a rich owner ie if Chelsea then decide to have a player owned by a third party then why would a fine deter them ? relegation or a big points deduction would.

The latest development ( it may be mentioned on here ) is that QPR''s lawyers demanded the FA come clean on their position and did they pass an opinion to The Sun. They have distanced themselves from the article and also said that anyone that spoke from the FA was not representing the FA. Bet the guy from Cardiff is now cacking himself as if true he has just dropped his source right in it, if not true maybe he will feel the force of QPRs lawyers.  

[/quote]I doubt anyone has been dropped in it because we haven''t even had the hearing yet. Anything expressed so far is only an opinion. Everyones got one and they can''t nick you for it.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]One of the correspondents on Radio 5 (sorry cannot remember his name) earlier today said he was absolutely convinced that (if found guilty) there would be some form of points deduction. It appears that this view seems to be gaining some momentum in both written and broadcast media. His reasoning was that any form of financial penalty would be meaningless to QPR what with their wealthy owners. A fair point I suppose, but a transfer embargo (as suggested already on here) would be another possible sanction- depending on the terms it could mean QPR struggle to stay in the PL which could be seen by some to be a suitable punishment made directly to Rangers with minimal disruption elsewhere. Bar the inevitable ''loss of revenue'' claims from the 3 Championship clubs that do not go up of course.      
[/quote]

The latest development ( it may be mentioned on here ) is that QPR''s lawyers demanded the FA come clean on their position and did they pass an opinion to The Sun. They have distanced themselves from the article and also said that anyone that spoke from the FA was not representing the FA. Bet the guy from Cardiff is now cacking himself as if true he has just dropped his source right in it, if not true maybe he will feel the force of QPRs loyers.  

[/quote]

I doubt anyone has been dropped in it because we haven''t even had the hearing yet. Anything expressed so far is only an opinion.

Everyones got one and they can''t nick you for it.
[/quote]

Just been on the qpr site, and a lot of unhappy chappies, some are looking at a great big bomb to drop on them, I have been saying for a long time now that a fine will just be laughed at, unless they fine them £460BILLION, no not going to happen, but I also noticed on Footy rumours, that someone claimin g he was in touch with a fa clerk and word in the fa is that QPR were in the brown stuff, as not only points deduction but also a transfere blockade in the summer, Is this where the sun got thier info from  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

The latest development ( it may be mentioned on here ) is that QPR''s lawyers demanded the FA come clean on their position and did they pass an opinion to The Sun. They have distanced themselves from the article and also said that anyone that spoke from the FA was not representing the FA. Bet the guy from Cardiff is now cacking himself as if true he has just dropped his source right in it, if not true maybe he will feel the force of QPRs loyers.  

[/quote]

I doubt anyone has been dropped in it because we haven''t even had the hearing yet. Anything expressed so far is only an opinion.

Everyones got one and they can''t nick you for it.
[/quote]

Just been on the qpr site, and a lot of unhappy chappies, some are looking at a great big bomb to drop on them, I have been saying for a long time now that a fine will just be laughed at, unless they fine them £460BILLION, no not going to happen, but I also noticed on Footy rumours, that someone claimin g he was in touch with a fa clerk and word in the fa is that QPR were in the brown stuff, as not only points deduction but also a transfere blockade in the summer, Is this where the sun got thier info from  

[/quote]

Thats what I thought as well. The reason I said he had dropped the guy in it was I thought he said his guy at the FA had told him - and then that was the quote used by the Sun it did not seem an opinion to me more like he was stating a fact - but maybe I misunderstood

Was there not a precedent set after the Teves incident for future similar cases? You would hope that the FA had this set in stone, so like in criminal law, those on the panel have a scale of punishments they can give them (would there be any paperwork on the internet that would tell us this?). I dont think that the FA should look at the position that QPR are in because if this had been sorted at the start of the season, they would have had no idea where they would have been at the end of the season. This is the same reason why, if QPR are deducted points, we shouldn''t see winning the Championship (or going up in 2nd if we end up 3rd) as a bad thing. If this had been sorted out a while back, like it should have been, then QPR wouldn''t be anywhere near the automatics.

It is obviously clear that following the decision made in the West Ham incident is not the route to follow, big teams can afford to take a fine, and if the general consensus is that a points deduction is appropriate in this situation, you have to buck the trend sometime.

Leeds are currently in 7th.. if they now miss out on the playoffs because QPR are not deducted sufficiant points, Will Ken Bates have the balls to sue QPR for 90million pounds? which is allegedly what a season in the prem is worth?

[quote user="City1st"]"lots of phone hacking takes place these days and there is no smoke without fire"

Absolute nonsense.[/quote]

And how the f*ck would you know whether that point was ''nonsense'' or not? YOU WOULDN''T.

Let me throw this scenario into the pot.

We finish behind Cardiff next Saturday evening, QPR are found guilty and docked enough points to send then into the play-offs. We are, in mean time, ''promoted''. QPR subsequently appeal against the decision and get knocked out of the play-offs challenge.

The appeal goes on during the summer. Whilst any appeal takes place we remain unsure whether QPR will be successful with their appeal. Therefore we are not yet a Premier League club.

How can we prepare for the Premier League if we are unsure whether or not we will have the Premier League money to back us?

The timing for this is absolutely crazy however it is going to be a very interesting week.

I just bloody hope that we take 6 points from our next 2 games.

OTBC

I can''t see an appeal lasting long as the FA will threaten a much heavier punishment. Remember, Swindon were relegated to the old Div 3, which was reduced to Div 2 on appeal. To avoid a long appeal process, the FA should relegate QPR to League 1 and allow Championship status to remain on appeal but with no access to the play-offs. The precedent was set with Swindon and the FA must be tough on cheats IMO.  If they are soft on QPR, as others have said, a whole new can of worms will be opened up with suing and counter-suing. Being tough is the way to avoid it !!

If QPR do not receive stiff punishment, 3rd party ownership will be condoned and can never be stamped out.

From BBC website:

The Sun quoted an FA source as saying: "There''s no question QPR have broken the rules. They know it as well. The only debate is what to do about it.

"If they aren''t found guilty you might as well scrap the rules about third-party owners."

15 point deduction will stop the cheating by the billionaires.  Personally to see QPR and Colin suffer would put the cherry on the cake this season, the cake being City''s deserved promotion.