Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

THE SUN - QPR SET TO BE STRIPPED OF THE TITLE.

[quote user="smiley"]I think the only fair option is. Stop QPR going up, force them to play the team who finnishes 3rd with the winner of that match gains promotion. The loosing team then joins the play offs. Then if QPR dont get promotion its there own fault likewise the the team which finnishes 3rd. [/quote]The least troublesome option for the fa would simply be to dock qpr 12 points and fine them. 2nd and 3rd would then become 1st and 2nd so guarantee no argument from them, minus 12 would drop qpr back into the playoffs so no team lower than and including 7th would be affected and the other three teams in the playoffs are unaffected except for the fact that the fourth team is qpr rather than any one of several from leeds, burnley etc.This punishment would leave not a single team in the league in a position to complain as a 12 point penalty and large fine constitutes a large punishment. It would have almost negligible effect on the league and could probably be handed down to qpr as an offer ie "accept this punishment and waive your right to appeal or we''ll hammer you and take our chances that a court can''t overturn us. By the way did we mention that in applying to be in our league you agreed not to seek address through court in respect of any disciplinary decision we make, it''s a condition of membership of our very lucrative and select little club called the FA. Now do you want to accept the punishment or not?"

While it would be nice to see QPR dragged back into the promotion mix - and I doubt they will be - all us City fans should be worried about is the team finishing in the top two.Win our next two games and we will finish there whatever happens to QPR or anyone else......

Has anyone stopped for one moment & wondered "why now?" The timing of this press realease just before what is for three clubs the most important weekend in there history is a clue, the stakes cannot get any higher, my guess is that

this is the qpr media machine working overtime, it is a win win for them, it distracts the two nearest rivals & puts pressure on the FA by highlighting the possible consequences of any large points deduction, we should forget about this until next tuesday, its completely out of our control & nothing to do with us. We need to concentrate on getting behind our team & getting 3pts on monday, the rest will take care of itself,

Nope,

am starting to favour a suspended points deduction to really rub it in ;-)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]While it would be nice to see QPR dragged back into the promotion mix - and I doubt they will be - all us City fans should be worried about is the team finishing in the top two.Win our next two games and we will finish there whatever happens to QPR or anyone else......[/quote]

i fully agree our future is in our own hands lets get 6 points and be guranteed premier league football next season and then worry about qpr after we have the 6 points :)

Colin copied from Talksport site. Boo Hoo

QPR manager Neil Warnock has hit out at reports in today’s press that his side are to face a points deduction for Alejandro Faurlín’s alleged third-party ownership.

The Loftus Road boss woke up to stories reporting that the club might face serious sanctions should they be found guilty of breaching strict Football League rules.

And Warnock has slammed the speculation surrounding the decision, due to be made next Friday.

“It’s diabolical,” he fumed: “The players were bloody gutted today, we’ve got a big game tomorrow against Watford, and I don’t need the hassle [of these stories].

“Let’s see what happens next week and see what kind of stories they do, I think it’s absolute garbage in the press, people are speculating at the moment.

“Fortunately I think everybody from behind the scenes realises that we need to let the people who look after it get on with it, that’s how we’re dealing with it.

“It doesn’t help me at all though with the game tomorrow. All I’m worried about is getting a result at a difficult place. Watford beat us 3-1 at our place and it could have been 6-1.

“I do, we didn’t need that today. Already the lads were talking about it when I got in today and it’s not nice.”

Warnock admitted though that the player in question, Alejandro Faurlín, is faring well despite the current furore surrounding his transfer.

“He’s an absolute jewel of a lad, the QPR boss added: “He hasn’t got a problem at all and none of the other lads have either, it’s just disappointing today to come in and face that.”

NO!

The FA is spineless, inconsistent and doesn''t seem to make decisions based on sense but makes them on money.

Therefore the chances are they will get a fine which will barely effect them!

That would make Tevez a jewel as well Colin. You cant have it both ways either 3rd party ownership is not an offence in which case his beloved Sheff Utd should hand back the money received from WHU and Colin should state that he is sorry for comments he made himself or he should accept assuming found guilty the punishment likely to be handed out if found guilty.

Should they be found guilty and not face severe punishment prepare for the teams in 3rd - 7th in the championship and 3rd bottom in the premiership to launch legal action. I notice again at no point is there a denial that this happened. 

I noticed the threads merging. I''ll say No but seeing a transfer embargo and fne heading their way

[quote user="shiplee15"]NO!

The FA is spineless, inconsistent and doesn''t seem to make decisions based on sense but makes them on money.

Therefore the chances are they will get a fine which will barely effect them![/quote]

The Sports & Culture minister has basically told the FA to get their house in order or he''ll replace the lot of them with people who can govern the sport properly.

The FA will look to throw their weight on this one, the timing is awful for QPR.

"The timing of this press realease "

eh ?

There has been NO press release

Wouldn''t it be a shame if they lost their last two games, through being rattled, and we won ours?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="smiley"]I think the only fair option is. Stop QPR going up, force them to play the team who finnishes 3rd with the winner of that match gains promotion. The loosing team then joins the play offs. Then if QPR dont get promotion its there own fault likewise the the team which finnishes 3rd.
[/quote]

The least troublesome option for the fa would simply be to dock qpr 12 points and fine them. 2nd and 3rd would then become 1st and 2nd so guarantee no argument from them, minus 12 would drop qpr back into the playoffs so no team lower than and including 7th would be affected and the other three teams in the playoffs are unaffected except for the fact that the fourth team is qpr rather than any one of several from leeds, burnley etc.

This punishment would leave not a single team in the league in a position to complain as a 12 point penalty and large fine constitutes a large punishment. It would have almost negligible effect on the league and could probably be handed down to qpr as an offer ie "accept this punishment and waive your right to appeal or we''ll hammer you and take our chances that a court can''t overturn us. By the way did we mention that in applying to be in our league you agreed not to seek address through court in respect of any disciplinary decision we make, it''s a condition of membership of our very lucrative and select little club called the FA. Now do you want to accept the punishment or not?"
[/quote]

This is a quite plausible scenario I reckon Bucket. And ultimately quite fair.

What I like to term THE POLITICAL SOLUTION.

But would they be able to get away with such a contrivance?

OTBC

Will QPR get a points deduction? YES. Great post by Buckethead as highlighted by Bly, a well thought out possible outcome.

I can''t see a 12 point deduction as being remotely possible. These penalties are supposed to be based on precedence and without any consideration of the table. Has anyone ever received a 12 point penalty before? No? Then why 12? The answer would never hold up on appeal. I would imagine QPR''s lawyers (certainly better paid than Sheff Utd''s) would have a field day and would have no hesitation bringing it up to the CAS if need be.