Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

THE SUN - QPR SET TO BE STRIPPED OF THE TITLE.

BREAKING NEWS? They don''t normally get too many of the big stories wrong...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3553711/The-FA-are-set-to-strip-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html

The Sun ''understands'' that QPR will be hit with a 15 point penalty, and are trying to ''defend the indefensible''... Things are maybe about to get a whole lot more interesting.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]now where did I leave that pinch of salt?[/quote]

Well I''m certainly not saying this is what''s going to happen, but The Sun doesn''t tend to print the bigger sports stories without some inside knowledge. They have eyes everywhere... I''ll stick my neck out and trust them this time ;)

[quote user="CanaryJames"]They''ll have to get the title before they''re stripped of it...[/quote]

Very true James, but this is encouraging news i.e them understanding that there''s to be a 15 point deduction. They do pride themselves on the back pages with their ''We brought you this story first'' and do get lots right in this respect. Food for thought other than ''It''s in The Sun, it must be true...''

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="CanaryJames"]They''ll have to get the title before they''re stripped of it...[/quote]

Very true James, but this is encouraging news i.e them understanding that there''s to be a 15 point deduction. They do pride themselves on the back pages with their ''We brought you this story first'' and do get lots right in this respect. Food for thought other than ''It''s in The Sun, it must be true...''[/quote]

And yes obviously, my thread title shouldn''t read ''stripped of title'' but rather ''stripped of promotion'', you''ll have to blame this on my slight excitement at this potentially good news. ''Up to 15 points'' eh? I wonder where they plucked that number out of the air...

Reading the article made me remember why The Sun sells so many papers. Nothing quoted by anyone named, all hearsay and not a single new fact we already did not know. This hearing has not even occurred and The Sun basically reprinted stuff from the Cardiff boards this week with an unnamed (probably fictional) FA insider. Grain of salt indeed.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Reading the article made me remember why The Sun sells so many papers. Nothing quoted by anyone named, all hearsay and not a single new fact we already did not know. This hearing has not even occurred and The Sun basically reprinted stuff from the Cardiff boards this week with an unnamed (probably fictional) FA insider. Grain of salt indeed.[/quote]

They have their regular sources who are only of use to them when they are employed and anonymous ;). Therefore it would not be of any benefit to them to reveal those sources and quote them by their full title. As I say, despite the stigma attached to them, they still get plenty of the big stories right.

I understand everyone automatically laughing off the story they are running, but I ask you all this = If it was Norwich that were facing a possible points deduction, would everybody be so quick to dismiss The Sun''s story? I think not, the vast majority on here would be absolutely bricking it - And you know it.

[quote user="Fozzie"]But what does Chardonnay on Page 3 think of all this?[/quote]

Probably something along the lines of...

''It''s disgraceful that someones been playing with 2 big centre forwards without F u(k All permission - Can''t they just have a ''Neil Warnock'' instead''?

Though much more eloquently put of course...

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]The only thing that annoys me slightly is that it may spur QPR on to win their last games[:(][/quote]

True. Or it may have the opposite effect? Mounting pressure on the Champions elect?

That''s true as well. That article is pretty interesting I must admit, but there''s obviously the use of the word ''if'' in there. Be interesting to see what happens. The main thing is to find them guilty - if they do that then I reckon points deduction certainly possible. The bit at the bottom states it could go on for months and you know for a fact that if they''re found guilty EVERYONE will be bloody challenging it (because of the riches of the Prem) and trying to sue QPR. Whatever happens I hope we win these next 2 games and then we don''t have to worry about it because we can concentrate on the Prem and everyone else can argue amongst themselves about it - could you imagine that? lol. Really don''t know what''s going to happen now.. just want us to concentrate on ourselves, keep our heads down and do the business. This is also a nice distraction away from our ''extra days rest'' bollox.

[quote user="Fozzie"]But what does Chardonnay on Page 3 think of all this?
[/quote]

Its actually Elle and she''s on page 11 lol

The Sun have the best football writers around, this isn''t a little "gossip column" type story but an proper substantial story.

They are saying at least 15 points, even if they are miles off the mark there could be a 5 or 6 point deduction!

The first paragraph of the article has avery big word in it

SunSport understands the runaway Championship leaders are likely to face a big points deduction - possibly up to 15 - if they are found guilty of breaking strict third-party ownership rules over the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

IF.... they are found guilty

Chardonnay says:

"I am in complete agreement with the football association regarding the inevitable points deduction of Queens Park Rangers. I greatly applaud their consolidated stance and zero tolerance attitude towards such clubs, whose ignorance of strict F.A regulations, combined with their gross misconduct throughout the procedural investigation, ultimately endangers the very existance of football''s fair play constitution and thus potentially brings the English game into a state of irreversible disrepute. Oh, and have you seen the size of my teets as well?"

A lot of QPR fans have likened this to the Tevez affair but at the time no one was really clear on the legistlation of 3rd party ownership etc, but afterwards I doubt anyone could say they didnt realise that any player coming from S America could have issues.QPR knew this and then "allegedly"filled in a form stating there were no such issues and also when verbally asked to confirm did so! That if true is pretty blatant.I suspect that the FA will not points deduct but I have an inkling they may well be tempted to do as the header of this article suggests and take away the Title but not promotion. That would send a clear message but not end up with months in the courts

I have been with this argument for a long time of a points deduction, however it does make me laugh - a Sun journalist says something you want to hear and suddenly they are beleivable, some of the best football journalists ect - strange how the Holt story last week was torn to shreads and the Sun journalists were crap.

As much as I feel they should be deducted points ( based on Luton not WHU ) a few things the Sun have said alarm me. They talk about such daming evidence - if that is so why do they need the panel ? They also talk about the rule change when Fourlin was signed, I thought this changed after the signing and this is more about the 3rd party ownership case when his contract extension was agreed ? 

It is of course because of the timing possible to simply relegate QPR to league 1 or 2. Had this been done before they played all their games teams like ourselves would have been stuffed as we would have lost 4 points due to our draw and win where as Reading I beleive would not be deduted any.

[quote user="CJ"]A lot of QPR fans have likened this to the Tevez affair but at the time no one was really clear on the legistlation of 3rd party ownership etc, but afterwards I doubt anyone could say they didnt realise that any player coming from S America could have issues.QPR knew this and then "allegedly"filled in a form stating there were no such issues and also when verbally asked to confirm did so! That if true is pretty blatant.I suspect that the FA will not points deduct but I have an inkling they may well be tempted to do as the header of this article suggests and take away the Title but not promotion. That would send a clear message but not end up with months in the courts[/quote]So what sort of punishment is that?Total nonsense IMO. If they are stripped of the title they will be stripped of promotion.

There''s nothing new in this story and I suspect that if it hasn''t been orchestrated by the QPR media machine,then they will be very grateful. Whether QPR are guilty seems to be the most irrelevant part of this affair, and what is most critical is whether the FA have the bottle to dish out a credible punishment. This story has been out of the spotlight for the past few weeks because, I suspect , that the QPR media influencers have been successful in convincing the public that this case will result in a fine only. This has enabled QPR to press on and seal promotion, first job done! It suits QPR now to scare the crap out of the FA against docking points on the back of a story that the whole league would go into meltdown, with multimillion litigation, no chance of drawing up next season''s fixtures, havoc with close season transfers due to clubs not knowing which league they''ll be in and failing to attract players because of that uncertainty.

So on the face of it, good news for Norwich and Cardiff, but don''t take your eyes off the ''dark arts'' of a club that have incredibly wealthy and influential owners at the helm.

it''s all a rehash of sundays mirror/people articles. I half expect the FA to make no points deduction and fine them.

Although personally I think they should just prevent them being promoted (having two promoted teams). QPR have not earnt promotion (fairly) but neither has anyone else.

I think that Hooleyfan is right.

I can''t see the FA taking on QPR in the courts as QPR have far greater financial resources with which to employ lawyers to make the whole thing very messy.

Could the third placed team end up with a few million in compensation if they don''t go up, however? (Obviously, of course, that won''t be us because we are going to be first or second!)

Qpr set to be deducted 15pts according to the sun today. On the offical QPR website they have released a statement saying they are unwilling to comment on the storey in the Sun.

Anyone else get the feeling that it is going to happen??

I think the story is gathering pace and attention that QPR rather didn''t happen.They must be bricking it, I know I would be.