Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Saturday - Pitch or Not Pitch????

No Tinpot, weve done the job tonight. Lets enjoy it and be a real ''big club'' nice round of applause and a rendition of ''theres only one Paul Lambert''

Had it come down to Saturday and we went up then yes i''d be the first on the pitch but we''ve done it now so lets just let the players do a lap of honour and show them our support and enjoy the moment

No pitch, its that final whistle which signifies ''we''re there!'' that initiates the pitch invasion, i.e tonight at Fratton park. There will be no spontaneous realisation or event that triggers are promotion on saturday, we are there already.

Why would you want to go on the pitch anyway, the players might have a trophy to lift ;-)

Osama shot in the head and Norwich promoted, today has been a good day.

No - but I reckon we will have a club statement reminding those that went on last year they face a ban, dont shoot me down please just stating the obvious   

Do they club get in trouble for it?

If like last season they say the players won''t come back out if people run on pitch, i think that can ruin it for the people who don''t want to run on pitch or aren''t able (Old people :P).

I think it would only be respectful to do what the club ask (Because it will come from the top. If they don''t make announcements saying don''t go on the pitch, i would kind of take that as them saying its ok to do so.)

I''m a serial pitch-invader over the last 30 years or so,but for this Saturday I say no need.I just hope though,( as I posted in another thread), that the celebrations won''t be marred by the club''s idiot PA announcer,and far too loud and cheesy music being blasted over the PA system!

No pitch. Party hard, and let the players have their moment!

Is it just me or is it how football is going ?But all I could think for a few minutes during those fantastic moments at Fratton Park, especially when the pundits were even looking a tad nervous was...oh for christ sake, dont break anything or cost us a points deduction for a pitch invasion and or fan conduct........

I see what your saying Nexus but most pitch invasions (especially celebratory ones) go without a hitch and as long as the stewards and police appreciate the joy of the fans and arnt too heavy handed (while making sure no one gets carried away) I doubt there would be a problem.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Is it just me or is it how football is going ?But all I could think for a few minutes during those fantastic moments at Fratton Park, especially when the pundits were even looking a tad nervous was...oh for christ sake, dont break anything or cost us a points deduction for a pitch invasion and or fan conduct........[/quote]Get a grip FFS!

IMO its tinpot and what smaller clubs do, like when Leeds fans ran on the pitch when Beckford scored against us, many many moons ago, grown adults running on the pitch makes me cringe, but everyones differnent. I think we;d get more respect applauding from the stand.

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"]Get a grip FFS![/quote]What do you mean ??I just witnessed Andy D''Urso put on a referee master class.... I now know pigs can fly

All this ''its what the players want'' is garbage too, that showed tonight when the pikey in the stone island jumper (after 8 pints no doubt) tried to give Holt a hug and Holty shrugged him off.

[quote user="CDMullins"]All this ''its what the players want'' is garbage too, that showed tonight when the pikey in the stone island jumper (after 8 pints no doubt) tried to give Holt a hug and Holty shrugged him off.[/quote]Yeh I noticed that as well, very cringe worthy

Pitch invasion was done tonight so won''t need another one on Saturday.

you can mate and get banned.

Why do we need to run on the pitch, I wanna see the players walk round the pitch at the end, so we can show our appreciation and vice versa.

If there is a pitch invasion it will spoil it for everyone, especially the people in the top tiers of the N&P and Barclay.

Why the new thread ?

Are you slightly simple, perhaps

Pete, please merge with other threads

Or better still delete, the suggestion of a fully grown adult running on the pitch is so tinpot.

Definitely no pitch invasion tomorrow. Monday''s was how it should be, a spontaneous outburst of relief and joy. Anyone going on tomorrow, especially if they''re planning it now on internet message boards, is just an attention seeker.

[quote user="City1st"]Why the new thread ? Are you slightly simple, perhaps Pete, please merge with other threads[/quote]

You said in an earlier thread (started by you) that you went onto the pitch at Pompey and ''hugged Holt''....

Were you actually the ''rebuffed by Holty'' stone island jumper wearing pikey by any chance.....and who actually, didn''t really get any reciprocating adulation from our stalwart Kapitan Holt?

Then did you do your little jig on the centre-spot?....After being ''rebuffed'' by Holty?