Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Fraser Forster

Whilst Ruddy has given his all this season, we need FF back between the sticks in the premier league. FF is a different class and would serve us well in the top flight.

What job do you do James?Well im afraid to tell you the company has just got a load of dosh and although you are responsible for getting us that dosh we are replacing you with the guy that use to do your job back when we were a smaller, skinter club in an easier market ! FF Was great, it was also league one! JR Has also been great, in the championship against some top notch strikers. JR deserves his chance! And im sure he wont let any one down!!!!

I don''t agree with the opening post.

The first time I saw Ruddy in goal I thought he had potential to grow and develop, he''s done that all this season, he''s learnt from mistakes which even some topflight GKs never seem to do and I think he still has development potential possibly to become one of the best. He won''t let us down and he wouldn''t embarrass any PL club.

OP, I think you''ve been celebrating tooooooooo hard!

Ruddy, along with just about every other City player last night, was colossal for us!

Despite having long periods where he had very little to do, he showed his class by keeping his concentration levels up . . . Whenever he was called upon, he was there, be it rushing off his line to beat an onrushing Nugent/Kanu to the ball or coming out and taking set pieces with ease. He really commanded his area last night, something that even the "legend" Rob Green never seemed to be able to do.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ruddy has what it takes to play in the Prem. Yes Forster was great last season, but no way would I replace Ruddy with the way he''s come on this season, end of!

Go away.

We have just won promotion to the Premier League and John Ruddy has been a huge part of that. Let''s celebrate now and worry about the new season when this one ends!

I agree with all the above except for the OP. FF was great for us when he was here, but Ruddy has proven himself at a higher level and earned us many points this season. I especially agree with whoever said the OP is being disrespectful to John Ruddy. The man has been immense for us this season and will be next season too.

Yeah thats a great idea. Lets get rid of a solid keeper who commands his area well and who also shows loads of passion for the club. Thank goodness you arent the manager.

i agree the weak link in our team this season has been the goal keeping ff and ruddy would be good competition.

jimmy moore jimmy moore jimmy jimmy moore he has got dyed hair we dont care jimmy jimmy moore

[quote user="morty"]Just no.And frankly a little disrespectful to John Ruddy.[/quote]

Well said Morty!

I would sign him and let them fight it out as we do need to strengthen. We have no back-up for Ruddy at Prem level.

Rudd out on loan to get experience in League One or Champs (or even League Two) and someone like Jason Brown as backup/competition for Ruddy next season. Done

100% agree with OP. FF is better than Ruddy. He has been at Celtic this year and has proved how good he is. Ruddy is good, very good, just I believe it would be PL suicide if we had only Ruddy at the end of August.

we will need 2 good keepers now. Ruddy has done well and will get his reward with a taste of premiership action. I would not rule out FF though he would be an ideal fit in our new world, the competition would be good. Ruddy has got better and better although on balance i think FF offers that something special a bit more often

[quote user="james norwich"]Whilst Ruddy has given his all this season, we need FF back between the sticks in the premier league. FF is a different class and would serve us well in the top flight.[/quote]

DICKHEAD!!! John has been different class, we''ve just got promoted and you want forster back? GO away!!! RUDDY RUDDY RUDDY!!!

While I have no interest in bringing Forster back to the club, I just had a look at the SPL table and was amazed to see just how well Forster and Celtic''s defence have done this season. They''ve only conceded 19 goals in 34 games. That''s pretty outstanding.

Forester would be one of the worst GK signings we could make.

We have 3 young keepers, if we signed FF, then we would have to get rid of at least 2 of them. And 2 of them haven''t had chance at any level. I thought when we signed Ruddy it was a bit strange signing a young fairly inexperienced GK, but i imagine he was very cheap, and he has done very well, and maybe Rudd and Steer aren''t as good as they are built up/rumoured to be...

Agree we do need to strengthen at the back as we have conceded in excess of a goal a game which could double in the prem

I think the players we have are good but may need some support to strengthen, we have some good keepers but an experienced one in reserve may not be a bad idea, you cant blame the keeper fully though he is only as good as his defenders so we need some more depth and choice in that area

The diamond formation and out attacking full backs leaves us exposed, it''s not really Ruddy. He has been immense this season and barely at fault for the goals conceded. Once Leon is back and PL buys some wingers I''m sure we''ll play a different formation and concede less (hopefully!)

FF is a good keeper, but the key point here is that he''s playing in Scotland - so he''s been playing against teams at a similar standard to what he was facing last year with us.

I''d have him back as competition as Rudd needs to go out on loan, but the gloves would be Ruddy''s to lose.

Sports Desk Pete, can you please delete this post from our forum before Ruddy sees it, as I cannot believe there are still people out there who just do not know how to enjoy success.

I think some people are getting overly sentimental! Its a legitimate question, okay didn''t need to be asked today, but we have to face up to the fact that we need to strengthen the team if we are to stay up. Paul Lambert does not strike me as the kind of person to make decisions based on sentiment, if we can get better than Ruddy why not? That applies for any player.

Some people may be being sentimental, I don''t know, I can''t judge from what they write, it''s their opinion based on their experience.

Mine is that Ruddy will continue to develop, he doesn''t flap, extremely professional, good work ethic and his skills level is high for a 24 year old. He is only going to get better and better.

World class, no not yet but he could be. So what are you going to do, find £20 million and upwards for a Cech? How much will Schmeichel go for, how much do we have and why spend it when you have the potential already there?

One of the reasons we are now where we are is that we had Ruddy between the sticks this season. Why on a day like today all you can think of posting is getting shot of Ruddy is beyond me.

Much rather have Ruddy thanks.

Although Forster was great last season, I''d still keep Ruddy.

The way I see it is: Is it possible to sign a better keeper than Ruddy? Yes. Is it a priority? No. He is worthy of his place in our team next year. But if we want to be successful we have to face up to the fact that certain of our players will need to be replaced and others will have less game time next season.But we have all summer to worry about that, lets enjoy today!!! 

Ruddy is by far the better all round keeper. He''s not as good a shot stopper and does struggle to get down to some shots hit low at him, but his organisation, coming for balls, quick distribution and kicking is far superior to big Fraser Forster. I agree we need someone capable of deputising for him in the event of poor form/injury though.