Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

James Vaughan anyone?

On loan from Everton - wasn''t he ''the next big thing'' after Rooney? Still very young and pacey player. Could be good competition for Jackson and obviously has some pedigree. I''d take him to be honest, but we''ll see..probably load of ****

His agent is obviously doing his job - Vaughan has been touted as of interest to us, Ipswich and Celtic. EADT think we''re after him along with Ipswich. Guaranteed, the last people to know who Lambert is looking at will be us as usual!

Aye PL is very good at keeping his cards close to his chest, but unfortunately other clubs and agents aren''t. CMS springs to mind most recently and Bennett before that. Though we had firm bids in by then to be fair

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

Apparently ran 100m in 11.5seconds at 13yrs of age and was 3rd fastest time of his age group in Britain at that time. lol

[/quote]

He''d have given the 13 year old Merlene Ottey some competition then!

[;)]

OTBC

You are in another continent (?) on another time zone and you are looking at the South London gazzette ?

How odd

[quote user="City1st"]You are in another continent (?) on another time zone and you are looking at the South London gazzette ? How odd[/quote]

Even odder is your question, I would have thought.

OTBC

Nearly 23 yrs old, and has failed to live up to early promise. Not overly prolific, and seems to have added ill-discipline to his game.

No thanks.

[quote user="City1st"]You are in another continent (?) on another time zone and you are looking at the South London gazzette ? How odd

[/quote]That is what trolls do......

I thought he was doing relatively well in a struggling Palace side, no?  He''s got bundles of pace and an eye for goal and I would have him here if we were still in the Championship, however if we are promoted I would like to see someone who is a bit more experienced, not someone who is only just finding his feet in the proffesional game who has ''potential''.

[quote user="unique"]Nearly 23 yrs old, and has failed to live up to early promise. Not overly prolific, and seems to have added ill-discipline to his game.

No thanks.[/quote]I think it has been injuries rather discipline that has cost him.He has missed two or three full seasons with knee problems.

[quote user="Boyo"]I thought he was doing relatively well in a struggling Palace side, no?  He''s got bundles of pace and an eye for goal and I would have him here if we were still in the Championship, however if we are promoted I would like to see someone who is a bit more experienced, not someone who is only just finding his feet in the proffesional game who has ''potential''.[/quote]Quite right Boyo, he has done relatively well in a struggling Palace side and is undoubtedly an extremely good striker at this level.  He done well when he first broke in to the Everton team a few years ago, has struggled with injury concerns and getting first team football at Goodison since then, but could well be worth the gamble.I certainly wouldn''t grumble about us signing this type of young hungry player in the summer, rather than getting all nervous and going for loanees and has beens like we did the last time we were promoted to the Premiership.  Dean Ashton didn''t do too badly for us did he???

Could at least challenge Jackson and Premiership experience is always a bonus even if it was relatively short-lived due to a serious injury

I''m a fan of him and would be delighted to see him here in the summer!

Think he would provide the competition needed as a pacy striker, has experience, albeit short, of EPL football and i think he would be interested in coming.

You can''t tell much from one transfer but Lambert might have made a good relationship with Moyes at Everton after the Ruddy deal and this may help with the fee as well...

[quote user="City1st"]You are in another continent (?) on another time zone and you are looking at the South London gazzette ? How odd[/quote]

Ever thought of ON LINE papers, I read the EDP on line when in Kenya, so wh not the South London Gazzette? 

I''d be happy for us to sign Vaughan. Looked really decent when he first broke into the Everton side and has done pretty well in a struggling Palace team. Maybe PL could be the man to help him live up to that early potential.

I''ve heard this today too, rumoured to be about 750K, is that a bit steep?

[quote user="AJ"]I''ve heard this today too, rumoured to be about 750K, is that a bit steep?[/quote]

Wouldn''t say so. 22yrs old, pacey, some premiership experience/goals and did ok for a struggling Palace side. 750k is surely quite risk-free and could prove to be a bargain if he scores a few (whethe in Champs or Prem). This rumour could be balls though so not sure what to make of it right now anyway!

[quote user="AJ"]I''ve heard this today too, rumoured to be about 750K, is that a bit steep?[/quote]

Well worth signing at £750k.  Lambert has the knack of getting the best out of players and Vaughan would be

hungry to prove himself (see Lamberts comments in yesterdays EDP).

[quote user="Smudger"]
Quite right Boyo, he has done relatively well in a struggling Palace side and is undoubtedly an extremely good striker at this level.  He done well when he first broke in to the Everton team a few years ago, has struggled with injury concerns and getting first team football at Goodison since then, but could well be worth the gamble.

I certainly wouldn''t grumble about us signing this type of young hungry player in the summer, rather than getting all nervous and going for loanees and has beens like we did the last time we were promoted to the Premiership.  Dean Ashton didn''t do too badly for us did he???
[/quote]

Agreed Smudger.

This lot sound fairly certain.[url=http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/transfer-news/2011/may/26/vaughan-norwich-bound]http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/transfer-news/2011/may/26/vaughan-norwich-bound[/url]

If true I woulda thought this would spell the end for Martin as I reckon we will sign another more prominent striker too (Maynard/Graham etc).

Holt + Jackson + Vaughan + someone else

Exactly the type of signing we should be looking for.... PL will throw them all into training and let the cream rise to the top. Would prefer 3-4 James Vaughan types over a relegated cast-off who might cost 3-4 million.