Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

3 from 4

It''s looking increasingly likely that it is going to be between Palace, Saints, West Brom and of course us for relegation.  There are things which worry me about all our rivals though:

Palace- They have creativity and goals in the likes of Routlidge and Johnson.  Hopefully Routlidge will leave.  But Johnson will still remain.  He has exceeded my expectations spectacularly.  He can create his own chances.  Worrying

Saints- Are a bloody good side.  There is no denying that.  If they had confidence they could be a top 10 side IMO.  Quality is running through their side: Niemi, Svensson (luckily injured), Redknapp, Phillips etc etc.  A win or two and they could pull away.

West Brom- Anyone else think they are looking better?  They did well at Bolton and only got a point, did well against Newcastle and were robbed yesterday.

And then there is us!  I don''t want to play the injury card but we have been bloody unlucky.  However, this is all part of football.  If we go down I don''t think we can blame our luck.  You create your own luck in this world.

I''m hoping (blindly) that another club will drop like a stone in the second half of the season.  Maybe Fulham, maybe Blackburn.  Don''t care.  But I don''t think they will.  Both have a whole lot of quality.

There''s that word again- Quality.  We aint got enough of it.  However, we''ve got a hell of a lot of heart and spirit.  Doesn''t sound like we''ve seen too much of it in the past couple of weeks but it''s there.  We''ve seen it.  And if we can get it back we CAN stay up

why are we looking at other teams we should worry about ourselves .

them losing will not keep us up if we lose .

how can you say saints are a bloody good side and a top 10 side you are having a laugh.

i think some players need a kick up the back side.

[quote]It''s looking increasingly likely that it is going to be between Palace, Saints, West Brom and of course us for relegation. There are things which worry me about all our rivals though: Palace- They h...[/quote]

I almost agree with you DD, but after watching the Fulham game last night, I can''t for the life of me, see the Fulham team getting too many more points.

With a bit of luck, and City winning a couple of games (please!!) they might just drag Fulham back into the dog fight of relegation.

And don''t forget, our last game of the season is against them.

Now, where''s my stress pills gone?.  

It is a little worrying that there is a bit of a gap opening between the bottom 4 and the rest of the league. Fulham, blackburn etc seem to have ground out a few results over the festive period to give themselves a little breathing space.

IMO palace and west brom will still be in the relegration zone at the end of the season - neither of them are playing good football not a regular basis. I agree that Fulham aren''t looking particularly convincing and could easily drop back into the relegation zone. My main worry is that Southamption will string a couple of results together - i think it''s only a matter of time until Harry turns them around as they do have some good players.

At the end of the day we have to start getting results! The cold truth is that with over half the season gone, we only have 16 points. The magic figure of 40 is looking an ever fading possibility, unless we can get a couple of wins on the bounce! With Ashton on board i''m sure we can get a few more goals and hopefully Worthy can put a couple of loan players out of the bag to give the squad a boost. Fingers crossed!!!

OTBC

[quote]why are we looking at other teams we should worry about ourselves . them losing will not keep us up if we lose . how can you say saints are a bloody good side and a top 10 side you are having a laug...[/quote]

Sorry King but I''m not having a laugh at all.  Southampton are a damn good side.  They have been in the top division for a long time and you can tell.  It also helps that they have a magnificent manager.  They had a very rough time when Strachen left and haven''t recovered yet. 

A 9 point gap between us and Rovers/Fulham is a further 50% in points not just a small gap it is an ENORMOUS gap and growing quickly.

We need to follow Rovers lead - keep it tight at the back and stop losing; a clean sheet would be a start as it would mean at least a point, from there you can scrape a 1-0 win and get those oh so important 3 point games. 2 wins on the bounce (no I cnat see where we can get them either) would transform our season at the moment.

OTBC